The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Here's a flash photo I just took on the portrait setting that turned out decent.:blunt: Enjoy and have a good evening all!:ganjamon:

View media item 1674349
CameraCanon EOS REBEL T5i
Shutter speed1/200
Aperturef/8
Focal length118 mm
ISO400

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Another macro shot of a blue eyed bumblebee in flight seeking its daily pollen fix. This shot was taken on the "Creative Auto" setting with the manual flash engaged for any interested. Enjoy and have a great day all!:blunt:

View media item 1674776
Shutter speed1/200
Aperturef/20
Focal length135 mm
ISO400

:bravo:
for any interested
It’s interesting to me that this one @f/20 and 1/200 is sharper to look at than the 1/1000 at f/5.8, considering how much movement is going on. :) the 1/1000 captures the wing in a nanosecond of stillness but the body of the bee is clearer and sharper with the slower shutter speed/smaller apperture.

:bravo:

It’s interesting to me that this one @f/20 and 1/200 is sharper to look at than the 1/1000 at f/5.8, considering how much movement is going on. :)

They were both handheld shots which could account for clarity when it comes to the final product but who knows. That's the first time I've really used the CA mode which is basically all automatic when it comes to the settings. I just find one that works for the type of photos I'm taking and than go to snapping hoping for the best.:blunt:

Thanks for the kind feedback and have a good day Amy!:hug:

It’s just interesting to see the different features of the movement captured, or not, withinh the differnt settings. The slower speed with smaller aperture gives a nice blur to the wings ;)

This pic came out surprisingly well.

It did! Very nice CrazyChef :D and welcome to 420 magazine :welcome:

Hope you’re finding your way around ok. You’ve joined the most wonderful community of growers and lovers of all things cannabis here! So congratulations for choosing 420. Holler if you need anything - pretty much all folks are very responsive and happy to help. :Namaste:

It did! Very nice CrazyChef :D and welcome to 420 magazine :welcome:

Hope you’re finding your way around ok. You’ve joined the most wonderful community of growers and lovers of all things cannabis here! So congratulations for choosing 420. Holler if you need anything - most all folks are very responsive and happy to help. :Namaste:
Thank you! :thanks: And yes, in my short time here so far, everyone has been EXTREMELY helpful. :thumb:

I like the flash, more details showing out!

Urb, you keep those in the garden?

I believe the spiders were on my rose bush. Maybe some clover. Same as Amy’s crab spider. It’s how they hunt/ambush prey.

Edit: might not be a crab spider after all. It’s not holding its legs like the normally do.

A shot of a wild yellow dandelion in bloom with a yellow bokeh background for added effect. This was taken on the AV setting during the morning hours so the sun was shining on the weeds in the background which gave it a yellowish appearance in the end. Enjoy and have a good evening mates!:blunt:

View media item 1675098
Shutter speed1/2000
Aperturef/5.6
Focal length135 mm
ISO800

That’s a nice effect Monster! It seems like it should be blinding, but it isn’t :)

Seeing as spiders came up in proximity to my name - and spiders do feature heavily on my garden (they’re important in pest management). I don’t think i ever shared this one. Another jumping spider (identified by the two large forward-facing eyes, for judging distance ;) ). This one was very very small. Shot on a Nikon d5600, using a macro lens, in “Scene” mode set to “Portrait”.

:Namaste:

I was just out taking photos of random birds we have in the area and this is what I came up with after an hour or so of hiding in the shadows. These were all taken on the "Creative Auto" setting but with no flash this time & the vivid photo mode enabled to brighten up the shot a bit.
Hope everyone is doing well and have a good evening!:peace:

View media item 1675410
View media item 1675407
View media item 1675409
View media item 1675408
Shutter speed1/400
Aperturef/5.6
Focal length135 mm
ISO100

Back