The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Two great Photo of the Month entries right there.:welldone: Nice work shottafire! :thumb:
Thank you brotha timing was just right and it caught my attention.

Were these edited in lightroom? Colours enhanced, sharpened, etc?
Got to hit the Lightroom to make em pop especially when the subject is backlit. If I’m not mistaken that would make them ineligible for photo of the month

Got to hit the Lightroom to make em pop especially when the subject is backlit. If I’m not mistaken that would make them ineligible for photo of the month
Yeah. But. That doesnt mean they arent amazing lol

I miss lightroom. Mine was a downloaded copy lol

Yeah. But. That doesnt mean they arent amazing lol

I miss lightroom. Mine was a downloaded copy lol

yeah Lightroom is a great program when your on the go. Quick and efficient. Thanks bro I appreciate that. I don’t need the contests anyways I’m just trying to better my skills growing. I feel like I see some popularity contests thing happening here. It’s all love though.

Adding a burst or two of color to your photos or upping the sharpness a bit to bring them into focus are all acceptable practices according to Teddy who I informed years ago I do to all my work. They just don't want any obvious editing being done to the photos like adding text or special effects which is rule #6 on the list.

"6. Editing Photos: Please do not add text, images, or special effects, otherwise your submission will be disqualified. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them. Color correction and cropping are acceptable parts of creating a digital photograph, however we do not allow obvious image enhancement or manipulation."

:Namaste:

:thumb: I limit manipulation to PhOTM submissions to the free photo editing apps/software. Feels like that could be part of the criteria - level playing field and all that.

I don’t see popularity playing a part in the Photo OTM comp in any way - always the merits of the photos driving things as far as i see it.

Hey Rob, @420 , all the Photo of the year candidates would be great Instagram additions. I realise it’s time as well as finding good images and i am regretful I dont have the capacity to offer time. But there are plenty images :Namaste:

Adding a burst or two of color to your photos or upping the sharpness a bit to bring them into focus are all acceptable practices according to Teddy who I informed years ago I do to all my work. They just don't want any obvious editing being done to the photos like adding text or special effects which is rule #6 on the list.

"6. Editing Photos: Please do not add text, images, or special effects, otherwise your submission will be disqualified. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them. Color correction and cropping are acceptable parts of creating a digital photograph, however we do not allow obvious image enhancement or manipulation."

:Namaste:

so would these images qualify?

so would these images qualify?
If all you did was add a burst or two of color...up the sharpness a bit...or possibly crop your photos I don't see why not.:thumb:
Over the years I've seen some of what I know to be over edited shots entered and with nothing being said by anyone or done by the mods. to remove them from the contests. All you can do is give it a shot-tafire!:cheesygrinsmiley:
I've had two of my entries in the past get removed for questionable editing issues in which I told Teddy no problem whatsoever and just waited until the next month to enter another photo.

Interesting. I dont edit them at all other than cropping for contests. I have been trying to up my photo game to get the look in camera for the contest submissions.

I figured the rules were specifically for folks who know how to, and have the programs to, make changes with software to improve the image. Sharpening, brightening the colour, removing colour cast, adding contrast, and framing the image is subtle but makes a big difference.

What line is there from doing that, to an acceptable contest entry, I don't know. I just submit my best unedited, but cropped, photo.

Its pushed my abilities for sure.

Interesting. I dont edit them at all other than cropping for contests. I have been trying to up my photo game to get the look in camera for the contest submissions.

I figured the rules were specifically for folks who know how to, and have the programs to, make changes with software to improve the image. Sharpening, brightening the colour, removing colour cast, adding contrast, and framing the image is subtle but makes a big difference.

What line is there from doing that, to an acceptable contest entry, I don't know. I just submit my best unedited, but cropped, photo.

Its pushed my abilities for sure.

I've been working on that myself since I got my new Canon T5i by using the "vivid" color mode in camera to brighten my shots and upping the exposure setting in others hoping to eliminate any sort of post editing whatsoever.
I never change or manipulate the contrast...exposure...saturation...or RGB settings in any of my photos since that would be a clear violation of the rules but just add a burst of color like I said or up the sharpness a bit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

For example here are two similar photos I took on different days with one being edited in camera for the most part and the other in my I-Photo program by adding a burst of color and than upping the exposure a bit to blend in the edges of the 420 Magazine sticker to the white background. Also, both shots were given a minor sharpness adjustment to bring them into focus since for me everything is blurry as can be without wearing glasses, and even with for that matter.:nerd-with-glasses:

Can you tell which is which?

:hmmmm:

For example here are two similar photos I took on different days with one being edited in camera for the most part and the other in my I-Photo program by adding a burst of color and than upping the exposure a bit to blend in the edges of the 420 Magazine sticker to the white background. Also, both shots were given a minor sharpness adjustment to bring them into focus since for me everything is blurry as can be without wearing glasses, and even with for that matter.:nerd-with-glasses:

Can you tell which is which?

:hmmmm:
lmfao I have gone blind in the last 3 years. They both look great. Although the first one pops.

Even with my reading glasses, I have difficulty seeing the finer points.

Back
Top Bottom