The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Wow - a great day to check-in here!

Dabber! So many beautiful buds and I love the dab and rosin pics too :D nice work and nice photos.

Monster! At it again. :) I love oil in water effects - remember that things they used to play in cinemas, before the commercials began, that was an oil & water image...? I was always mesmerised... like a lava lamp. I love your oily abstracts!

Urban! Those are looking really nice. I’ve been toying with the idea of the extension tubes - I think you mentioned them to me in here somewhere a while back.

Agemon! You’re so good wth light :yummy::love:

Thanks amy. I mean I'm just a phone guy, these other cats have some serious skill as do you. Cant wait to see some of your amazing work again soon!

I was explaining to a coworker some of the photo stuff I worked on. I had to go and scour the internet to find some.

A few years ago I deleted all my social media, including anything that was connected to me or my emails, sadly that included my photography page. All of my projects were lost.

Here is something I created. This is one strawberry, cut many times, with each imagen of the strawberry taken individually. Each image was then edited together to create this final product.

I used lots of lights, a reflective white surface, the camera was tethered to a laptop for precision.

It has been edited to remove my watermark.

The idea was that it was coming out of the ground.

View media item 1661616

That’s awesome Urb! :bravo: It is coming out of the ground ... or the table (even spookier!)

Thanks amy. I mean I'm just a phone guy, these other cats have some serious skill as do you. Cant wait to see some of your amazing work again soon!
Thank you sir :D - i’m pretty green really :laugh: but I do love it. I think it has replaced the role of theatre performance, which was my past life. Just a different kind of staging.

I think many of those above are excellent photos regardless of the device. My 2nd prize budwash shot was an iPhone one. It’s the final framing that does it in the end :) There were at least 3 there that I thought, ‘yep - enter that one!- :thumb: ...the gently falling folds of rosin, if that’s what it was, is quite delicious, and unique - and the table of buds :love::yummy: They’re dramatic :)

I'm going to all white lights. Quantum boards...so, I'm really gonna miss the blurple world. It was great for photography...

I'll have to find new ways to jazz bud photos up. Or, maybe I'll keep a couple Mars 300s hanging about and turn them on just for when I take pictures!

Peace, Hyena

I'm going to all white lights. Quantum boards.

I'll have to find new ways to jazz bud photos up. Or, maybe I'll keep a couple Mars 300s hanging about and turn them on just for when I take pictures!

Peace, Hyena

I don’t think you need to jazz anything up at all. In fact I think the more natural look under the quantum boards are going to show off the plants more! Gorgeous plants.

I am looking to go to quantum myself for both the photos and the improved light.

I get it though, there are some benefits to the different led casts. I took a few today that my perfect sun Dwarf Star was casting a nice pink hue in the back ground.

Buy a $15 reflector. Collapsible. With sikver, gold skins. You can do some cool stuff with those. Bounce light but change it’s temperature basically.

Big news. For me. I just threw down some cash on a new MacBook Pro. Going to update my workflow. Computer and software.

Took this today. Wanted to see what a simple cropped and unedited copy that I would submit to the contest would look like, and what something I would touch up for IG.

Keep in mind I try not to do much post processing. I have been having to do more because of the LEDs.

Big news. For me. I just threw down some cash on a new MacBook Pro. Going to update my workflow. Computer and software.

Took this today. Wanted to see what a simple cropped and unedited copy that I would submit to the contest would look like, and what something I would touch up for IG.

Keep in mind I try not to do much post processing. I have been having to do more because of the LEDs.

And just to try it out. This is the same photo just processed with a new computer and photo processing program.

A couple freeze frame shots of some honeybees I captured gathering their daily pollen. Enjoy and have a good day mates!:blunt:

View media item 1664253
View media item 1664252
CameraCanon EOS REBEL T5i
Shutter speed1/4000
Aperturef/5.6
Focal length135 mm
ISO1600

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Thanks Agemon and UA!:high-five:

I was experimenting the other day with the manual settings mode and different ISO's as well to see what type of results I'd get when it came to shooting moving objects. Thanks again!

same photo just processed with a new computer and photo processing program.
Beautiful processing :thumb: How is the new software to work in? What is the new software?
A couple freeze frame shots of some honeybees

I love these so much. I have been working on trying to capture this - we have some unique bees here that I watch a lot but haven’t managed to capture in pixels quite the way I’d like yet. This will inspire some more practice :)
CameraCanon EOS REBEL T5i
Shutter speed1/4000
Aperturef/5.6
Focal length135 mm
ISO1600

Thanks so much for posting your settings. It helps a lot :Namaste:

Beautiful processing :thumb: How is the new software to work in? What is the new software?

Thanks so much for posting your settings. It helps a lot :Namaste:

lol pop by my post about patience and understanding in my Grow journal about the software. Long story short, I Just got my computer back from the store...

I have been a bit lax in the settings department, but we should all be posting how we took our great photos, so folks can follow or experiment with the settings.

Nice work everyone, pics lately have been amazing

Back
Top Bottom