The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

A little something I was working on awhile back by laying one photo over another to create a composite image. It took more than a few tries to get it right so all the branches in the background matched up without having any blurring but was well worth the time and effort in my opinion. This pic. I call "Cannabis...It Does a Mind and Body Good". Enjoy and have a green night my friends!:rollit:

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Very cool CM, incredible effort to make that happen!

Thanks UA!:thanks:
It was a challenge keeping the camera steady on the tripod when snapping the shots as well as the branches from swaying in the breeze in order to get two clear photos to work with. Thanks again mate!:Namaste:

We could use someone familiar with using flash, both on camera, and off. Using speed flashes or stand alone strobes. To give a nice intro to that kind of lighting. I am more of a light stand type of dude when using secondary lighting.

I was was taking these using T5s and my light stand, using a 100w led I think for side lighting.

I was also testing different focal lengths. All images taken with my 100mm macro.

Excellent work UA!:thumb:

I will say that with flash there are many things to consider and it might be easier if you ask specific questions and or post pictures with flash so we can critique a bit and get some conversation going. Flash tends to eliminate many shadows and therefore can flatten images. When doing product photography in the past I've used flash but like incandescent lighting more. You can get very technical with product lighting. I think I posted a picture of a Buffalo Trace Bottle that I shot. I used at least four different light sources and multiple reflectors too. It was a lot of set up for, really, just one amazing picture. I'm not sure where I posted that picture though, either this journal or mine I think.

EDIT: I found it!

View media item 1709911

I will say that with flash there are many things to consider and it might be easier if you ask specific questions and or post pictures with flash so we can critique a bit and get some conversation going. Flash tends to eliminate many shadows and therefore can flatten images. When doing product photography in the past I've used flash but like incandescent lighting more. You can get very technical with product lighting. I think I posted a picture of a Buffalo Trace Bottle that I shot. I used at least four different light sources and multiple reflectors too. It was a lot of set up for, really, just one amazing picture. I'm not sure where I posted that picture though, either this journal or mine I think.

EDIT: I found it!

View media item 1709911
That’s that’s an incredible shot. Looks simple but not so much.

Not so sure where to start with the questions. Maybe how you can make the light look natural and not as harsh as the typical flash photo one would see.

If you have a built-in flash on your camera you can go with controlling your flash exposure and you can under expose using the flash compensation. A diffuser even just a kleenex or paper towel taped over the flash can soften the strobe. I used soft boxes on my strobes, photogenic strobe heads, or travel lights. 1000 watts per head. You’ll be seeing spots, magenta and green all over...

Seeing a lot more people step up their photography game this last year. Awesome to see. I was looking at my some of my media and wanted to re-share some bud shots using props.

It can be challenging to come up with new shots or angles. Thats where props come in. They can add a new dimension to a subject, add context, tell a story, or just be a fun way to spend an afternoon. There are a few folks at 420 mag that use props very well, Nivek is one off the top of my head.

But the next time you want to do something a little differently. Think about a background change, using a prop, or both.

I have created a tradition of having scooby hold up a harvest nug.

A couple closeup/macro shots of a never before seen yellow winged butterfly with pink trimming out doing its morning pollen hunting.:cool: Enjoy the beauty good ol' mother nature has to offer and have a great day folks!:blunt:

View media item 1717793
View media item 1717794
Species name-Yellow Clouded Sulphur Butterfly

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

What a treat Monster! :thanks: :love: The post before as well. Fortunate, we are :Namaste:

Thanks Amy!:thanks: I was shocked to say the least seeing it gathering pollen along with the orange gulf butterflies that normally visit this property.:eek: A definite rare but also welcome find in my area!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom