The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

lmfao I have gone blind in the last 3 years. They both look great. Although the first one pops.

Even with my reading glasses, I have difficulty seeing the finer points.

The top shot is the post edited photo which I than took lessons from before shooting the second.:nerd-with-glasses:

And I hear ya, the past three years have taken a toll on my vision also. I think it's about time I cut out as much sugar from my diet as possible since they say it contributes to having blurry vision problems at my age.

Bummer, no more Mike & Ikes...potato chips...fruit pies...etc., etc.! :cheesygrinsmiley:

For example here are two similar photos I took on different days with one being edited in camera for the most part and the other in my I-Photo program by adding a burst of color and than upping the exposure a bit to blend in the edges of the 420 Magazine sticker to the white background. Also, both shots were given a minor sharpness adjustment to bring them into focus since for me everything is blurry as can be without wearing glasses, and even with for that matter.:nerd-with-glasses:

Can you tell which is which?

:hmmmm:
edited photo on top?

That setup is really coming along cola :D :popcorn:

Some friends of mine many many year as ago who were into animation made a stop animation bong session (I know, too much time :laughtwo: ) and they used a tiny straw extended into the figure frm behind the head to fake the smoke coming out. I have a setup I’ve been wanting to do for ages using that technique to get a smoking element into a mini scene. Seems it might be an approach to experiment with there as well if you’re keen :)

I think there’s a lot of ‘honour system’ with the photo comp, becasue it can really be hard to tell - esp if folks a really good at it! So really it’s up to us.

Urb, I think you could easily adjust light and colour balances in a free app and not be outside the guidelines, or the realms of decency :) They say “makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them”. So basic adjustments that anyone could do by eye in free software seem like they should be fine to me. As soon as it’s paid/pro software then it becomes unfair. I think that’s what the rule is aiming for. IMHO anyway :)

Wish I had more time and energy to play in here. Summer is usually my most active time with the camera, but this summer is a bit different and no fun at all, just exhausting.

Enjoying the eye candy and continuing experiments very much tho’ :popcorn:

Its not so much popularity contests, but there is a culture of exuberant assistance, and group support. Everyone wants everyone to do well.

I do it in hopes the Mag can use it, just want to help out. Most editing I do is crop square and trim a little in the histogram all in iPhoto.

:ganjamon:all my photo program no longer work on modern OS. :ganjamon:
tis the way of it sometimes.

:passitleft:

I feel your pain Amy. 2017 and 2018 here were brutal for fires and smoke. The stress and anxiety cumulative. I had little desire to do much, the smoke messed up the light, drained energy. I hope things improve soon.
:passitleft: exactly, all of that. And therefore, especially this :passitleft: thanks Urb.

A few updated shots of a photo I posted previously but with some smoke added to the background this time for dramatic effect. It's a work in progress! :nerd-with-glasses:

:circle-of-love::Namaste:
Nice work! Smoke is super tough. Been messing around off an on for a while now trying to find a cool smoke shot. Get some VERY cool swirling in the bong mouthpiece but hard to capture it properly.

:passitleft:

I feel your pain Amy. 2017 and 2018 here were brutal for fires and smoke. The stress and anxiety cumulative. I had little desire to do much, the smoke messed up the light, drained energy. I hope things improve soon.

For the past three years now our area in Northern California has been in constant fear of wildfires breaking out due to the high heat or from P.G.&E.'s powers lines falling with the Cobb fire back in Oct. of 2017 burning my Trump loving brothers home and everything he owned to ash costing him tens of thousands of dollars in personal damage. Ouch, that had to hurt!:eek:

Nice work! Smoke is super tough. Been messing around off an on for a while now trying to find a cool smoke shot. Get some VERY cool swirling in the bong mouthpiece but hard to capture it properly.

Those were my best three efforts so far out of over 300 shots taken. It's not easy capturing a perfect plume of smoke that fills the background equally and what I'm looking for if at all possible. Back to the grindstone! ;)

Get some VERY cool swirling in the bong mouthpiece but hard to capture it properly.
When you set the first smoke challenge, I spent many an hour trying to capture, and not succeeding, this wild spiralling whirlpool of vapour that happens in the stem of the Arizer Solo I have. There are just some visions that seem to defy capture!

When you set the first smoke challenge, I spent many an hour trying to capture, and not succeeding, this wild spiralling whirlpool of vapour that happens in the stem of the Arizer Solo I have. There are just some visions that seem to defy capture!
Yeah that turned out to be a tough challenge. I am yet to take something worth posting lol.

For the past three years now our area in Northern California has been in constant fear of wildfires breaking out due to the high heat or from P.G.&E.'s powers lines falling with the Cobb fire back in Oct. of 2017 burning my Trump loving brothers home and everything he owned to ash costing him tens of thousands of dollars in personal damage. Ouch, that had to hurt!:eek:
No doubt.

The sheer scale of what has happened here this summer is truly astronomical. I’m pretty much right in the middle of it all. Half a million hectares of forest north and south of me, and more. For one thing, that’s a lot of oxygen that now suddenly isn’t there. Stuff has burnt and is burning that should t because the severity of the drought has dried out even rainforests up north and lots of them has burnt as well - and they wont recover. The pressure and stress just locally has been insane, and still is. Then there’s the broader implications of the scale of it.
Thank heaven for my stash. At the very micro level, while i am extremely lucky to still ahve a house (within 300m of first wildfire, and within 30m of second wildfire), plants don’t grow well under these conditions - but i do still have plants :D

No doubt.

The sheer scale of what has happened here this summer is truly astronomical. I’m pretty much right in the middle of it all. Half a million hectares of forest north and south of me, and more. For one thing, that’s a lot of oxygen that now suddenly isn’t there. Stuff has burnt and is burning that should t because the severity of the drought has dried out even rainforests up north and lots of them has burnt as well - and they wont recover. The pressure and stress just locally has been insane, and still is. Then there’s the broader implications of the scale of it.
Thank heaven for my stash. At the very micro level, while i am extremely lucky to still ahve a house (within 300m of first wildfire, and within 30m of second wildfire), plants don’t grow well under these conditions - but i do still have plants :D

I myself have the added stress of keeping my 87 year old disabled father who I watch over everyday out of harms way which in turn puts my very life in danger if a random wild fire breaks out in this area since I cannot just up and run for the hills like others.:lot-o-toke:
That's why I keep daily tabs on the weather conditions here just in case since I don't want to end up whining like my older brother saying "I never thought in a million years that this would ever happen to me". That's called apathy in my book thinking bad things only happen to others!

I wish you all the best Amy G.!;) Stay safe!:hug:

A couple updated photos of the ones I posted above. This time I replaced the shiny 420 sticker with one of my 420 Magazine black t-shirts to help cut down on the glare and then took over 200 shots with the two below being the best of the lot.:cool:

I can now see that this is going to take a long time to get just right but am up to the challenge.:snowboating:

A couple updated photos of the ones I posted above. This time I replaced the shiny 420 sticker with one of my 420 Magazine black t-shirts to help cut down on the glare and then took over 200 shots with the two below being the best of the lot.:cool:

I can now see that this is going to take a long time to get just right but am up to the challenge.:snowboating:

Cool man I like what your doing.

Thanks shottafire!:thanks: It's just a new concept I'm working on trying to come up with something original for future contests.;)

Soooo you took over 200 shots of this, eh?

I wonder...were you by chance high? :laughtwo::smokin:

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom