The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Very nice. I will have to give that a try. Did you manually set aperture as well?

Nope, I just lowered the exposure setting to -1 for this particular shoot. :thumb:

Welcome to the 420 Fotographer Collective where we bring together the best growtographers for a fun and interactive discussion on gear, techniques, how-to sessions, or just to share a nice picture.

Here you will find biographies of real 420 members, what gear they use, what they grow, and some tips and tricks to help you take better photos.

This is very important. Having a good camera, gear, and post production software mean nothing. Incredible art can be captured with any camera. Do not get fooled. Todays smart phones and point and shoot cameras kick some serious butt. If you want to know about using a DSLR technique with a point and shoot. Ask away. Someone will help you.

Everyone is welcome here, as is standard at 420 Magazine, and you are encouraged to ask questions or show off something you find helpful. Now, this is not your beginners thread, as there are a few camera basics and photography terms you should be familiar with before diving into the advanced stuff. Now that said, you can jump right in, because we will show you and you are just that smart. Pick and choose what works for you.

:thumb:

Understanding the owners manual of your camera is important. Here are a few other links to help you get started:

Top Composition Rules

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

To get us started we will require some experts. An expert is anyone with an advanced understanding of something compared to the average general public. So in that frame of reference I am going to call upon some folks to share their love of cannabis and photography with us. In reality we will all improve together.

If you have been tagged in this, or feel you should have been, please quote the following post and fill out the questions to the best of your comfort.

Cheers,

UrbanAchiever

@MagicJim @imtoasted @kelticBlue @SwAggNiFiCeNt @dr.h00k @bobrown14 @Amadeus Forzin @Pennywise @rooster @DobeWan @Sphnx @TheMadDabber @Agemon @Cola Monster @Nicholas Flamel

I know I will have missed a few photographer type folks, admins, others due to the sheer size of this site. If this resonates with you please join the conversation.
What filters do u use on a DSLR with a 50mm lens for pics of flowers in a cabinet with grow lights on?

I was experimenting with different light sources and settings on my camera tonight and found that the "Program AE" mode allows me to up and lower the exposure which helps blacken out the background in the photos without having to perform any post editing. Enjoy!

Cool beans, good timing Cola M. I just started back with the DSLR and adjusting the settings.
My info tells me I hit this one with a flash and iso 400 with auto white balance, shutter was 1/60s and aperture at f5.

PCK x Kali China
IMG_1292.jpeg

Thanks for the Idea.
I find myself using AV priority, adjust the exposure comp. I must play with that more.

Aloha All,

A couple of shots of strawberry cola autoflower.
3BA84E6E-D141-486B-89A6-C517A6D20175.jpeg
EBCC3FE4-2BC0-46EB-B804-1F4678327800.jpeg
967869C4-730B-44B8-A490-C74EBA806FDB.jpeg

Strawberry Cheesecake Autoflower

61DE4F71-B072-4BA2-A8E5-699451A5CF74.jpeg
F9FDFC00-8F4E-46D5-A7AB-CD01967D99B5.jpeg

Black Cream Autoflower

86BD5A7A-F2C5-479C-9796-B6629C1AD42D.jpeg

:passitleft:

Hi all! A few nice ones I captured recently of a little DDA - always a very photo friendly plant. A semi-overcast day gives great light for photography outside. All are handheld (but leaning on solid objects for stability) with manual settings that I don’t remember! I could look them up in the meta data - but didnt so sorry about that. For shots like these I tend to seek the slowest shutter speeds I can that don’t give me motion blur (at least that’s noticeable w the naked eye ;) ) and then whatever aperture is needed in the moment for the light I want. The diffuse sunlight made for some really nice background tones. :)

Plant texture

:Namaste:

Cool thread... Not sure if this is the kinda thing your all looking for here BUT, I'll share....

#1 photo = Long story short. Was a rainy day walking to work and I seen a Patch of flowers along the way in an open field and quickly snapped a photo with my phone.... ( litterly 30 seconds, pulled phone out, quick couple of photos, back in the pocket due to the rain)

Reason behind this is, a co worker of mine pretty much doesn't like flowers hahaha. We have an app we use at work to communicate that's alot like how facebook works. He told me a few weeks back that IF I post one more flower picture, its gonna lose his mind... So, being the weinner I am, I spent every opportunity to take flower photos and post them daily for about a month hahaha. Nice right?

Anyways photo was taken with Samsung Galaxy S5, no editing was ever done. Just took the photo then cropped it so it looked "cooler"...

#2) Photo = Was out on a hike with the family, was eagerly snapping photos for the same reason above described and didn't even realize till later when I looked back that a wasp/bee was in the flower lol Again, just cropped the photo as to zoom in on the flower more.

Enjoy the photos, feel free to use it anyway you wish... Ohh here is a Cannabis related photo also taken with my new phone Samsung A7. (Camera ain't as good on this one)

20190610_195859.jpg
20190524_204820.jpg
20200603_201828.jpg

@Amy Gardner Simply stunning.. the camera loves purple buds. I always plant a purple one not only for the smoke but the esthetic value every time I open the tent lol. Aloha Amy!

@CADBOY Beautiful photos. I’m quite fond of getting flower pictures in nature. Something about capturing the soul in the moment.

FD7B7F55-8AD4-49CA-864F-73EB3CB65C35.jpeg

@Amy Gardner Simply stunning.. the camera loves purple buds. I always plant a purple one not only for the smoke but the esthetic value every time I open the tent lol. Aloha Amy!

@CADBOY Beautiful photos. I’m quite fond of getting flower pictures in nature. Something about capturing the soul in the moment.

FD7B7F55-8AD4-49CA-864F-73EB3CB65C35.jpeg

Thanks fella. Lovely photo you have here also ;)

always plant a purple one not only for the smoke but the esthetic value every time I open the tent lol. Aloha Amy!

Absolutely this!

Aloha Sunny! And Mahalo :) I’m the same with the purple. I really like purple strains to toke on as well - they often have a good pain relief element as well as lovely euphoria.

That’s a lovely pic CADBOY :D. A lovely exapmple that great pics don’t necessarily require a fancy camera - phone cameras are getting pretty fancy these days of course, but I’m sure y’all know what I mean.

Thanks, your right and it also let's me feel "professional" which I'm certainly not lol

Blueberry Auto Flower almost ready to harvest.

A19B3653-3822-4999-B734-22A5296CBE8A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom