morning sun-1-3.jpg

Nikon D850, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 1/30 sec f/10 ISO 1600

trics.jpg

Nikon D850, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 1/60 sec f/13 ISO200

White Widow-1.jpg

Nikon D850, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 1/10 sec f/13 ISO1000

Dano999

Hydro DWC - White widow

Nikon D850, Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro (Too much gear to list)

Professional photographer. 40 years experience. Enjoy Wildlife and Landscapes. Make a living doing Real Estate Photography.

Favorite Lens: Nikon 14-24mm f2.8.. For wide angle. Sigma 105mm f2.8 for Macro.

Tip: Focus on lighting and composition. Use a tripod and have patience.

Lights

Update 05072021-10.jpg

Nikon D850, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Shot at 1/10 sec f/20 ISO160

Reflection of Lights

Update 05072021-11.jpg

Nikon D850, Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Shot at 1/15 sec f/20 ISO125

Welcome to the 420 Fotographer Collective where we bring together the best growtographers for a fun and interactive discussion on gear, techniques, how-to sessions, or just to share a nice picture.

Here you will find biographies of real 420 members, what gear they use, what they grow, and some tips and tricks to help you take better photos.

This is very important. Having a good camera, gear, and post production software mean nothing. Incredible art can be captured with any camera. Do not get fooled. Todays smart phones and point and shoot cameras kick some serious butt. If you want to know about using a DSLR technique with a point and shoot. Ask away. Someone will help you.

Everyone is welcome here, as is standard at 420 Magazine, and you are encouraged to ask questions or show off something you find helpful. Now, this is not your beginners thread, as there are a few camera basics and photography terms you should be familiar with before diving into the advanced stuff. Now that said, you can jump right in, because we will show you and you are just that smart. Pick and choose what works for you.

:thumb:

Understanding the owners manual of your camera is important. Here are a few other links to help you get started:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

To get us started we will require some experts. An expert is anyone with an advanced understanding of something compared to the average general public. So in that frame of reference I am going to call upon some folks to share their love of cannabis and photography with us. In reality we will all improve together.

If you have been tagged in this, or feel you should have been, please quote the following post and fill out the questions to the best of your comfort.

Cheers,

UrbanAchiever

@MagicJim @imtoasted @kelticBlue @SwAggNiFiCeNt @dr.h00k @bobrown14 @Amadeus Forzin @Pennywise @rooster @DobeWan @Sphnx @TheMadDabber @Agemon @Cola Monster @Nicholas Flamel

I know I will have missed a few photographer type folks, admins, others due to the sheer size of this site. If this resonates with you please join the conversation.
My Name is Kyea Mofire. I shoot mainly Northern California Outdoor Cannabis. I use a Lumix DSLR and shoot in natural light always.
The majority of the photos I take are bright colorful and vivid.
Ive been photographing cannabis for about 5 years now. Attached are some of my favorite photos.I looooove shooting macro trichomes in natural light.

I used a basic lumix dslr in macro mode while laying on my back under the plant itself.
Using only natural sunlight with no edits after.

1140533.jpg

1160175.jpg

1130613.jpg

My Name is Kyea Mofire. I shoot mainly Northern California Outdoor Cannabis. I use a Lumix DSLR and shoot in natural light always.
The majority of the photos I take are bright colorful and vivid.
Ive been photographing cannabis for about 5 years now. Attached are some of my favorite photos.I looooove shooting macro trichomes in natural light.

I used a basic lumix dslr in macro mode while laying on my back under the plant itself.
Using only natural sunlight with no edits after.

1140533.jpg

1160175.jpg

1130613.jpg
Beautiful and well done.

1150427~2.jpg

Gelato 33. ( organic, full sun ,outdoor)
I love taking garden pics in the morning. The natural light is always amazing. No reflectors or added light. Just the morning dew and natural sunlight.
This picture was taken with your basic 300$ Lumix. No fancy equipment. Just aloooot of time sitting in the same spot shooting till I got it just right. I love this shot because 1. Its one of my fav. Strains. And 2. Because it brought life to seemingly basic photo. The pistols creeping out reaching for light. The dew on the trichomes. It all just said " Morning Vibes".

I'm always amazed at how incredibly beautiful cannabis is......❤
It is by far thee most beautiful as well as versatile plant on the face of this green planet.:love:

1160332.jpg

"Mothers Cookies"
This was a fun strain to photograph. It's a cross between SOUR purple Dog and Girl Scout Cookies...it had the strangest coolest structure. Plus I caught a spider might skeleton on the top photo....Thank U macro :)

Shot in Natural Sunlight. On Lumix DSLR.
1140357 (1).jpg

Welcome to the 420 Fotographer Collective where we bring together the best growtographers for a fun and interactive discussion on gear, techniques, how-to sessions, or just to share a nice picture.

Here you will find biographies of real 420 members, what gear they use, what they grow, and some tips and tricks to help you take better photos.

This is very important. Having a good camera, gear, and post production software mean nothing. Incredible art can be captured with any camera. Do not get fooled. Todays smart phones and point and shoot cameras kick some serious butt. If you want to know about using a DSLR technique with a point and shoot. Ask away. Someone will help you.

Everyone is welcome here, as is standard at 420 Magazine, and you are encouraged to ask questions or show off something you find helpful. Now, this is not your beginners thread, as there are a few camera basics and photography terms you should be familiar with before diving into the advanced stuff. Now that said, you can jump right in, because we will show you and you are just that smart. Pick and choose what works for you.

:thumb:

Understanding the owners manual of your camera is important. Here are a few other links to help you get started:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

To get us started we will require some experts. An expert is anyone with an advanced understanding of something compared to the average general public. So in that frame of reference I am going to call upon some folks to share their love of cannabis and photography with us. In reality we will all improve together.

If you have been tagged in this, or feel you should have been, please quote the following post and fill out the questions to the best of your comfort.

Cheers,

UrbanAchiever

@MagicJim @imtoasted @kelticBlue @SwAggNiFiCeNt @dr.h00k @bobrown14 @Amadeus Forzin @Pennywise @rooster @DobeWan @Sphnx @TheMadDabber @Agemon @Cola Monster @Nicholas Flamel

I know I will have missed a few photographer type folks, admins, others due to the sheer size of this site. If this resonates with you please join the conversation.
Hello Tony Urban, and any other kindred spirits.
Thought I might chime in on your thread because ,well, I like to grow cannabis and I get a lot of satisfaction from photography. They are both great hobbies that a person can live, learn, and grow with for a lifetime.
My username is JeffSher. I'm pretty tight with my best friend and wife "Sher".
So as for grow methods and stuff, I must say I've been growing for a good while and my motivations for growing have changed over the years so of course the methods change as well.
Money has long ceased to be a factor so in more recent years (and with children grown up) I grow small batches of cannabis in the comfort of my home. A motivated person can do a lot with a relatively small operation. My facilities are modestly sized but purpose built and well equipped.
On to camera gear and stuff. As an avid hobbyist I used to shoot nature, wildlife, bird photos etc.
I have never sold off any equipment, just accumulated. Nowadays use a Canon 7Dmk2 and various lenses.
For new photographers looking for tips and inspiration I will share several things that I think are important. Using a decent tripod is essential. With it you can get control of your depth of field so that everything you want to be sharp and focused will be, while your background or anything you want blurred will also be. Use a decent camera that you can put into manual mode and have fun learning. One more thing. Learn to use Photoshop. Your digital camera's internal firmware makes many decisions for you like brightness, contrast, colour saturation, sharpness and more.
You can take control of these qualities for yourself and produce more realistic and pleasing photographs. Be it bird or bud, we can honour our subject with all the tools available to us.
I'm so happy to share my love of photography and cannabis. I can discuss my growing methods and photographic techniques in more detail if anyone is interested.
Night all.
Jeff

7111-1280p-420.jpg

8214-1280p-420.jpg

A free alternative to a paid editing program is FastStone Image Viewer > download here > Download FastStone Image Viewer

Or, I highly recommend Adobe Elements, it can be had for ~ $50 on sale. This program allows you to correct your color with one click...

Cheers.
Yes, any good editing program will do the trick. I use an older version of photoshop before it became a paid subscription thing. One click colour correction is great sometimes but won't always give the results you want. It's fun to take control for yourself and click to your hearts content.

Back
Top Bottom