The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Girl Scout Cookies

I have not shared in this thread before because I have not felt that my images were up to par. Most of my equipment stay in their bags nowadays. I'll be completely honest to say that I just don't make the time to bring out my cameras and take some proper images. Just plain wiped out and lazy. So out comes the phone...I know some of you can understand. If I happen to get some decent images, then cool. Next time I am feeling perky, able, and inspired I will bring out the real camera and lenses. Blessings and have a wonderful Sunday!

Took these hastily on my camera phone, so by no means are these in the same zip code as upper tier amatur photos.

I like how the photos demonstrate how our precious plants are simply just weeds that blend into their existing ecosystem.
That's great to see them in their natural environment like that. Thanks for sharing.

Ace Seeds Thai Chi

Camera, Lens and Gear:

Nikon D800e
Sigma Macro 70mmf2,8
Flash Nikon SB900
Software: Photoshop
Shot at 1/100 sec f/8 ISO100

Thai Chi.jpg

Grow method and strains: I grow year round on the coast of Maine in an active solar heated greenhouse I built. I prefer using soil using worm castings from my worm farm and I usually mix it 50/50 with Pro-mix. I use 3/7/20/25 gallon fabric pots. I grow White Widow, CB Dream, Northern Lights (NL) , NL & Big Bud Auto, Low Ryder Auto, CB Dutch Treat. We make most of our crop into soaps, salves, oils, and give the rest away to friends.

Camera, Lenses and Gear: Canon 20D. 24-105mmL lens.

Experience level and photography background: Shooting for 10+ years for personal.

What is your style? (portrait, journal, macro, outdoor, instructional, various) Mostly shooting the beautiful things surrounding me...

Favourite lens or type of shot: never took a bad shot of my kids...

If you could give 2 tips for new photographers: Nothing beats sunlight. Invest in a simple mono/tripod.

IMG_89767.jpg
IMG_90203.jpg
Nice pics & interesting article. However, fill in flash combined with sunlight will massively improve your pics & give them life. Suight coming from behind or 45 degrees either side of from behind, slightly under expose by half to two thirds of a stop & pop a bit of flash in. I have a Lumix G3 but usually use my snappy Lumix. Experiment with covering some of the flash with your finger until you get the result you want. Been a pro photographer for 45 years & know my stuff. I'm out in the garden with my dogs now so can't send a pic but if I can find this post again I will send one/some.

No 1 No Flash.jpg

No 1 Flash.jpg

Nice pics & interesting article. However, fill in flash combined with sunlight will massively improve your pics & give them life. Suight coming from behind or 45 degrees either side of from behind, slightly under expose by half to two thirds of a stop & pop a bit of flash in. I have a Lumix G3 but usually use my snappy Lumix. Experiment with covering some of the flash with your finger until you get the result you want. Been a pro photographer for 45 years & know my stuff. I'm out in the garden with my dogs now so can't send a pic but if I can find this post again I will send one/some.

No 1 No Flash.jpg

No 1 Flash.jpg
I hope this illustrates my point slightly. Dull day today & 'snapped' off quickly, no back sunlight , 2 pics same plant. If anybody is interested this is Atomic Bomb female, (of course) planted seed April 15th 2022, LST & topped once. Fed 4ml per ltr Canna Vega & 4ml per ltr Canna Rhizo alternate waterings. Is about 30" across & 30" tall in 40 ltr tub. Still has 10 weeks veg before it will go into flower.

How about ..... When you're friends ask wheres the Buddha, cause you got the biggest variety! Lmfao :Namaste: :bongrip:

Just another day!

IMG_7515.JPG
IMG_7508.JPG
IMG_7505.JPG
Beautiful work OGpapa!👏

Back
Top Bottom