The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

can you set up a 4x4x6 grow tent up with 600 watt lights in an unheated garage....How cold can it get outside but still be in the good temp range in your tent?

In the short term the answer is YES :high-five:

In the long run you may want to think about ?

1. Seasonal variations of temperature aka summer to winter, day & night etc effecting grow room area !

2. Lights on & off cycle, lights on extra heat for an example... i run lights on during real life night time when temps are cooler others wise if lights where on during day time & i may add in the middle of summer, temps would be much higher !

3. Cold roots stunt growth... garage ah more likely a concrete floor, insulate bottom of grow tent from garage floor with polystyrene sheeting a couple of inches thick for example.

4. Temps below 15c stunt growth, might be problem during lights off & seasonal average temp depending on what part of world ya in ?

Might want to think about running as heater during lights off if temps drop below this point.

5.. RH aka relative humidity ya don't want it over 80% for a long period of time & mainly in flowering as it may produce bud rot ! so a dehumidifier may help.

I don't grow with led's for some reason but they do appear to provide good results these days :high-five:

So i can not really comment on such ?

I'm a 400w person myself & used dual spectrum hps by grolux & sunmaster in the past to which i have recently moved to pure HPS with a digital ballest by lumintek ....

But HPS does appear to cause extra stretch in the girls in the first few weeks of flowering when compared to dual spectrum HPS of said brand names mention above !

But pure HPS appears to provide a greater yield between the 2 bulbs types by x %

LED vs HPS...... i still think HPS will win hands down for yield but its a cost/maths ratio vs expense on electric & yield between the 2 & that being a fine line to draw ?

Pretty new here and need a little guidance. I purchased a 4 x 4 Gorilla tent, a LED light, Phresh Filter and fan setup. A couple of questions:

1. I have two possible locations to set up. One is a spare room where the ambient air temp is around 65. The issue is that that I really have no way to exhaust the air outside of the house. The second is a spare room off the garage. The ambient air temp is around 58 and venting is not an issue.

2. In either location, should the fan be put on a thermostatic timer or should the venting be cycled to bring fresh CO2 into the tent?

3. Are 2 gallon pots going to be to small? I wanted to get around 9 plants in the tent.

Thanks!

Hey Guys, I am going to be buying a 4x4 gorilla grow tent, im just unsure what the best setup to use would be. this will be my first ever grow. I was thinking a 600watt hps light with a air cooling system and carbon filter, and just a fan or two to keep air circulation inside the tent, Is there anything else i should be using as well? Also what would be the best amount of plants for a 4x4 for maximum yeild? I was thinking 8?

I use two of those 300w LEDs in a 4x4 tent and I am really happy with them. I am a new grower so take that for what it's worth. I did just buy two more of them to turn another tent into a flower tent. Below is my current flower tent with one plant in flower for about 45 days.

IMG_272912.JPG

IMG_27306.JPG

IMG_273110.JPG

As for people asking about room in a 4x4 tent, below is a tent with five clones that are about 3.5 months old. It fills up fast and if you do fill it, you are going to want to have access to at least three sides of the tent for pruning or grabbing dead leaves etc..

IMG_27358.JPG

Merry X-Mas!

IMG_27277.JPG

Joining the club! Great idea Batcave.

I bought a Secret Jardin DS120. Was able to pick it up locally and the price was right. Mars 2 900 for lighting and a 6"can-fan with carbon filter for venting. Passive intake. This tent has a 6" intake at the bottom and a screen on 1 side. Currently the intakes are fully open and the walls suck in just a little. This should work fine for veg. My concern is flowering. In order the make the tent light proof Im going to have to close over the screen. When I do this the tent looks like it might implode. How do you handle your intake? I have the fan on a Day/night fan seed controller.

Snoop :peace:

Getting ready to start with my new tent. Planning to start with one clone, and have it become the mother. Grow clones from her. I will have only three plants at a time running. My question is about lighting, I have not seen too much here about LED lighting, what are the thoughts? I have one 300 watt LED Full Spectrum light, how much more should I have for max three plants?

Thanks in advance...

As I have not started my first grow yet, I am open to suggestions. I am trying to apply the knowledge I gain from you guys as I start this quest. So I am looking for Ideas from you all to help me over the humps.

So I do not have answers to those questions as this is the first grow for me...

Back
Top Bottom