The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

Just getting set up. Got a grobo unit and started trying to start clone with my trimmings. They did way better than I could have hoped. I live in a cold winter area was going to just toss them until someone pointed me in the tent direction. Since the genetics are good i didn't want to do that. Now I have a 600w LED and 4 4 foot fluorescent grow lights. A small 4 inch fan and a carbon filter. After less than 2 weeks it seems to be going ok. I also have a small space heater because my basement is not the warmest.
1544914193806986875871.jpg
How'd that Grobo unit work. I had a unit similar to that, but it was a late 1980's version like this one. Phototron and Martha Stewart! The only thing it was good for was making clones. I don't think I ever got any decent bud from it.

Ok so I was planning on getting a 4x4 but I need a shorty tent something under 68" to fit in my space. I found a bunch of 2x4x60" but no 4x4's. Does anyone know if they make them in 60" hieght

Gorilla Grow Tent is a sponsor, and it makes a "Shorty" 4'x4' grow tent that's only 4'11" tall. It comes with an extension kit that extends that height to 68" (maybe you can sand a layer of paint off the ceiling and slide it in with the extension installed, lol?).

That's the good news. The bad news is that this model of grow tent sells for THREE HUNDRED NINETEEN DOLLARS AND NINETY-FIVE CENTS!!! (lol) - and is currently out of stock. But that's probably your best bet if you can afford one - and can get the crew to actually make you one. Looks like more is out of stock than in stock on their website, so maybe they're getting ready to do another production run (or to go out of business? IDK...).

Gorilla Grow Tent is a sponsor, and it makes a "Shorty" 4'x4' grow tent that's only 4'11" tall. It comes with an extension kit that extends that height to 68" (maybe you can sand a layer of paint off the ceiling and slide it in with the extension installed, lol?).

That's the good news. The bad news is that this model of grow tent sells for THREE HUNDRED NINETEEN DOLLARS AND NINETY-FIVE CENTS!!! (lol) - and is currently out of stock. But that's probably your best bet if you can afford one - and can get the crew to actually make you one. Looks like more is out of stock than in stock on their website, so maybe they're getting ready to do another production run (or to go out of business? IDK...).
thanks for the info. That one might be out of my budget for a few. I'll look into it for sure. I did find another one that's 32"x48"60"

Hi 4x4 Tent Club!

I wanted to stop by and show off my setup. Currently on my 2nd grow ever!

4x4 Tent
4x Quantum Board 288.2 (Currently only have 2 active)
3 Plants
GG#4 (Day 30)
GG#4 x Cheese (Day 22)
GG#4 x White Widow (Day 21)
Soil -- 5Gal Fabric Pots

Watering using Liquid Seaweed/ URB Natural / Molasses pH'ed to 6.8

20181227_195621.jpg

20181227_195634.jpg

Nutes .jpg

GG#4.jpg

Cheese.jpg

20181227_101403.jpg

I Just FIM'ed the GG x WW...
20181227_192712.jpg

BPN, lol, now there's a company name I haven't seen here for years. Never saw any complaints about their products "back in the day," though.

I hope your second grow is even more enjoyable than your first.

Are you running those two light units dimmed? If not... I'm wondering if, at this stage in their development, you would end up seeing the same rate of growth if you ran only one panel/board directly above the three plants, instead of illuminating your entire tent's space (much of which being currently unused).

Plants looking good how hot do the quantum led run in the 4×4 for you was thinking on investing in a few

Not very much heat at all. I was curious and cranked both boards to 135w overnight with the tent sealed and with living in AZ the temps were 81 max. I just blow a fan over the drivers, that plus the heatsinks its no problem. Technically you could leave the drivers outside the tent and simply run the wires if heat is really an issue

BPN, lol, now there's a company name I haven't seen here for years. Never saw any complaints about their products "back in the day," though.

I hope your second grow is even more enjoyable than your first.

Are you running those two light units dimmed? If not... I'm wondering if, at this stage in their development, you would end up seeing the same rate of growth if you ran only one panel/board directly above the three plants, instead of illuminating your entire tent's space (much of which being currently unused).

Yah heard nothing but good things from both companies so we'll see I wanted to use less synthetic nutrients this time around. I don't have a PAR meter and I haven't seen any tests for the 288.2 lm301b diode boards so IDK how many boards @ what wattage I should be at I'm sorta just playing around with it. They're both at about 30in from the plants @ about 120w each. Going to watch their growth and adjust.

I gave up on finding a 60" tall 4x4 and ordered one that's 32"x48"x60" hopefully it's a decent one

What company did you go with? My 4x4x6 is from Apollo and I haven't had any issues. The stitching in holding together nicely.

Plants looking good how hot do the quantum led run in the 4×4 for you was thinking on investing in a few

I'm running 4boards in a 39"x39" tent by marshydro. Used to run 2× 96×5watts Marshydro, and the 4 panels run cooler than that! You're going to pay a little more, but imho, well worth it. Better coverage for sure. Don't get me wrong, I've ran my Mars panels for years with pretty decent results. They are very good starter lights to see if you really want to make a fuller, and larger financial investment.
Just my two cents...
Peace. Sparks.

Well started harvest today, one plant, took way to long.
Total wet weight of trimmed smokable buds was 881 grams, so at .25 wet to dry should be around 8 zips. The smokable buds are heavy, hard and tight. Did not trim a lot of this plant because about 1/3rd of the plant was covered by canopy so quite a bit of lite and fluffy. This plus the trimmings and shake will go directly into making FECO as soon as it drys. Should dry out at around 6 to 7 zips. Want to get about 24 zips, off all 5 plants, of trim and shake to go into making FECO.
Here is a pic of the harvest about just over half way through. Took forever to harvest this plant.

20181229_140916-2-jpg.1684337

Side bud.
20181229_091905-2-jpg.1684338

Have decided to harvest just about the same on the other 4 plants, so will have plenty for making FECO.
We shall see how it all comes out. May do one tomorrow, but will probably wait till after New Years.
By the way Happy New Years to you folks, may you harvest be great and the quality be the best.

GR

Here is #4 prior to harvest.
20181229_083547-jpg.1684725

And after.
20181230_110009-jpg.1684727

I would say I trimmed about of this plants total growth for smokable buds.
Thinking I need new 315W bulbs also. They have been used for both veg and flower for the past 6 grows, between 13,000 and 15,000 hours. Have probably lost more that half grow power. That could be why the lower parts of all of this grow are weak. Not sure but replacing both bulbs before I start this next run.

GR

Back
Top Bottom