The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

OG1969, looking good man! Is this your first grow in that 4x4?

WizHigh, any 4x4 space would work, doesnt have to really be a tent, homeade works just as well ;). It is more about the space and lighting than anything else.

First in the 4x4 my pryor tent was 4x8 which I still have, so for now I am using he 4x4 due to the cold weather and he tent being in a detached garage with no insulation out in the country so the light is enough to keep it at around 75ish, looking to go back into the big tent for mothers and clones and then spring will be here and he outdoor grow can happen that is what I am waiting for , but lovethe inside stuff keeps us on our toes,lol. Peace OG

Change lol. Moved the 400 mh from the flower to veg. And moved the 600 from veg over to flower. So now its a 400 and 250 mh in veg and 3x 600 on flower.

All is well in the 1000w 4x4.

IMG_71621.JPG

I have a drying box and that is just the overflow, never seen a difference either way

Could have bigger problems I suppose lol. Hplc analysis have shown up to a 3% degredation over 7 days when exposed to light. Not a huge deal if u cut early I suppose but I personally cut late as is. (Not to mention the dry leaves dropping onto my veg floor lol)

Could have bigger problems I suppose lol. Hplc analysis have shown up to a 3% degredation over 7 days when exposed to light. Not a huge deal if u cut early I suppose but I personally cut late as is. (Not to mention the dry leaves dropping onto my veg floor lol)

They only hang for 3 days then into paper sacks and since its only in my flower tent they only get subdued non-direct light 12hrs a day for those 3 days. Maybe that is why I dont see any difference

Batcave, i'm digging that drying room.

If some of us don't have something like this. Are there other options? Did you start out with something a little less?

Can I take a cardboard box with some ventilation and run strings across and dry them in there? very cheap but I did this last year and it seemed the cardboard may have dried the nugs out extra fast.. any suggestions?

Back to the 4X4 set up. While waiting for my tent to arrive I am running 5 clones @ 450W with the bulb 28" above the tallest. I felt the top leaves on it and it seemed extra hot, should I raise it up a few more inches? Its a steady 73-75 degrees, im just worried about burning these young ones!

-CA215 :peace:

Batcave, i'm digging that drying room.

If some of us don't have something like this. Are there other options? Did you start out with something a little less?

Can I take a cardboard box with some ventilation and run strings across and dry them in there? very cheap but I did this last year and it seemed the cardboard may have dried the nugs out extra fast.. any suggestions?

Back to the 4X4 set up. While waiting for my tent to arrive I am running 5 clones @ 450W with the bulb 28" above the tallest. I felt the top leaves on it and it seemed extra hot, should I raise it up a few more inches? Its a steady 73-75 degrees, im just worried about burning these young ones!

Many people use the cardboard box method as you spoke of and its works. Check out this box method DIY drying box with odor control

If your plants feel warmer than then your tent temps then you need more airflow or air extraction. How old are the clones? Freshly rooted of already vegging out? The clones should be fine at 28" away with the proper air flow and exchange, if you dont have a fan blowing on them lightly then get one. I use a point and shoot laser thermometer to check my leaves from time to time and even under the 1000w the leaves only get 78 to 80 degrees and that is with a tent temp of 78 to 82 with lights on.

Many people use the cardboard box method as you spoke of and its works. Check out this box method DIY drying box with odor control

If your plants feel warmer than then your tent temps then you need more airflow or air extraction. How old are the clones? Freshly rooted of already vegging out? The clones should be fine at 28" away with the proper air flow and exchange, if you dont have a fan blowing on them lightly then get one. I use a point and shoot laser thermometer to check my leaves from time to time and even under the 1000w the leaves only get 78 to 80 degrees and that is with a tent temp of 78 to 82 with lights on.

PERFECT LINK THANK YOU!

Im still waiting for my tent, 3 of the cones have been vegging for awhile at the dispensary and 2 other were brought in the day before. I have a little fan running 24/7 oscillating just to mimic a slight breeze. So im now sure the 74 degree temp wont bother them.

How much did your laser thermo run ya if you don't mind me askin?

PERFECT LINK THANK YOU!

Im still waiting for my tent, 3 of the cones have been vegging for awhile at the dispensary and 2 other were brought in the day before. I have a little fan running 24/7 oscillating just to mimic a slight breeze. So im now sure the 74 degree temp wont bother them.

How much did your laser thermo run ya if you don't mind me askin?

Laser thermometer on ebay around $20, fairly cheap and worth every penny.
s-l300.jpg

good thread glad i found it as im going buy the dr120 or simular (4x4) with 600w lighting so be good to get some tips, also going have 5" exhaust with carbon filter and all other accessories like fans etc...

going be growing in soil in 20litre pots so should fit 9 plants in there in total, going start them off in a 60x60 tent under 250w mh then transplant to bigger pots and put them straight in the 4x4 and maybe do sum lst and continue to veg for a couple of week untill they fill out and flip to 12/12,, what you rekon im a beginner at indoor growing so any advice is welcome, i was also thinking would 9 plants low stress trained be to big for 4 x 4 and should i just just grow them normal (maybe top/fim them) and if i did low stress train would maybe 5 plants be better (in a number 5 domino/dice shape) wont be purchasing the tent for a month or 2 so just want get as much planning done as i can,,

also what sort of yields are people getting from simular set ups, i no its a big question with a lot variables but not asking so i can put a number of oz on my grow im just curious and interested, thanks

good thread glad i found it as im going buy the dr120 or simular (4x4) with 600w lighting so be good to get some tips,

going be growing in soil in 20litre pots so should fit 9 plants in there in total, going start them off in a 60x60 tent under 250w mh then transplant to bigger pots and put them straight in the 4x4 and maybe do sum lst and continue to veg for a couple of week untill they fill out and flip to 12/12,, what you rekon im a beginner at indoor growing so any advice is welcome, i was also thinking would 9 plants low stress trained be to big for 4 x 4 and should i just just grow them normal (maybe top/fim them) and if i did low stress train would maybe 5 plants be better (in a number 5 domino/dice shape) wont be purchasing the tent for a month or 2 so just want get as much planning done as i can,,

also what sort of yields are people getting from simular set ups, i no its a big question with a lot variables but not asking so i can put a number of oz on my grow im just curious and interested, thanks

I am a firm believer in vegging from seed to pre-flower and no less than 3 weeks veg from clones, longer if you have the space and time. Any training adds extra days for recovery and growth so even though you may get a little more it will take a little longer.

I have run up to 15 in my 4x4 before and I do much better with 7 or 8. I am in the process of scailing the number back even more right now since I moved from 2gal pots to 3 and 5 gallon buckets with a longer veg. At this time my tent is full with 6 plants and one hasn't started its stretch yet so I may have over vegged a tad ;).

As far as yield you should expect at least 8oz, any less and there is a problem somewhere. I averaged 2 to 2.5 per plant when I ran my 600w in my 4x4, so 14 to 18oz. with little to no training.

My current tent with 6 and the plant in the very front comes out next weekend.

IMG_7238.JPG

thanks for replying so quick, very informative appreciate it, think i may just get a few standard grows in there first and settle in so to speak before i start thinking about any kind of training etc...

im sorry but iv got loads of questions and things to talk about so i may start to drive you all crazy haha just exited about upgrading like a kid at christmas :cheer: haha
how do you go about watering, looks like it could be time consuming with 8-10 plant in large pots, is there a simple way to do it or is it just a matter of taking some plants out of the tent everytime, been trying think of sum sort of system with hose pipe etc but diy of the top of my head isnt really my strong point haha, and trying look for some large enough trays to collect run off

also iv been looking at cool tube reflectors, how hot do 600w hps get in a tent that size, cant see it being to hot especially with exhaust fan running and osculating fans on aswell but prefer to get some1 with first hand experience to let me no just so i dont end up running into unnecessary heat problems

im sorry but iv got loads of questions and things to talk about so i may start to drive you all crazy haha just exited about upgrading like a kid at christmas :cheer: haha
how do you go about watering, looks like it could be time consuming with 8-10 plant in large pots, is there a simple way to do it or is it just a matter of taking some plants out of the tent everytime, been trying think of sum sort of system with hose pipe etc but diy of the top of my head isnt really my strong point haha, and trying look for some large enough trays to collect run off

also iv been looking at cool tube reflectors, how hot do 600w hps get in a tent that size, cant see it being to hot especially with exhaust fan running and osculating fans on aswell but prefer to get some1 with first hand experience to let me no just so i dont end up running into unnecessary heat problems

Watering in smaller pots is time consuming but going to a 3gal or larger gives you a few extra days in between watering most of the time. I water only when they are very light or showing they want an drink. I just check them first thing when they wake up to see which may need a feeding and pull out the ones that do and hand water them each. This also give me a chance to rotate them inside the tent

Heat wise all depends on your ambient temps, with my 600w my tent temp would get up to 80 degrees and with my 1000w max has been 82 on average. I run a 440cfm fan and filter with just passive intake. The ambient of my room is 75 to 78. You will just have to test your setup and adjust as needed.

Im starting a tent in the next few days,4x4x6.5, 600w scrog.... :Rasta: 420cfm fan, ima plant em in fox farm ocean forest soil, using Blue Planet Nutrients, Great White mycorrhizae, water crystals, I'm going to use air baskets(pond baskets for pots(12in by 12in or 4.97gal) I want to use supplementary CO2 will post link on here soon

Back
Top Bottom