The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the pic. It is the method I use to dial in the strength of my nutrients, I do not own a ppm meter. I hold a leaf to the light to inspect it, sometimes using a magnifiying glass. If the plant wants the nutrient strength bumped up the shade of green will fade slightly. When this happens I increase nutrient strength in small incriments until the shade darkens back to where I like it. This method works well to prevent overfeeding. I believe it's a better strategy to have the plants tell me what they want as opposed to a chart telling me what they need. I think they are about ready, will probably flip them on Monday.

Been almost 2 weeks since my last post and things are looking good. Had to bring in my old Viparspectra light in to cover my Black Sugar, but I was able to lower my QB another 5-6 inches closer to everyone else. So with after about 3.5 weeks/26 days flowering I’m left with this

FA351E55-1D40-499F-AFF9-4A66AB116954.jpeg

I believe these plants are pretty smart. I thought the lower leaves would fade when it wanted me to add more food. Instead it decided to sacrifice just one leaf, none of the others had any fade to them at all. After taking the pic and returning it to its original spot I noticed something. It was not by chance it chose to sacrifice that particular leaf, it did it because it was the one receiving the least amount of light.

Its been pretty quiet in the 4x4 club lately, maybe everyone is growing outdoors this time of year? I am starting to think I might be in over my head this time. I flipped them 10 days earlier than I did my last grow so they only vegged less than 5 weeks.

Only been about 2 weeks since my last update but my girls are starting to put on the weight. Thinking maybe 3-4 weeks until harvest

D757E68C-ABA3-433D-9683-EAAA26D6CCA7.jpeg

The one in the back corner looks like a monster :thumb: A canopy like that makes lighting difficult, by the size of the colas it looks like you managed well. The fat cola in the back looks like its enjoying its front row seat.

Yeah for one week I brought out my old Viparspectra to help cover it lighting wise but had to stop once my temps climbed above 90 in the tent. Raised my Quantum Board high enough to cover it and everyone else. It’s a Black Sugar from Seedsman from my first attempt at my 2nd grow. Had to restart everyone from seed after they went belly up, and she just kept growing. Think it was almost 18-19 weeks in veg. Almost tossed her in the beginning too cause she wouldn’t grow for me and considered her a runt. Now she’s like Clifford the Big Red Dog

Thanks, I did supercrop all of them a few weeks ago before flipping to 12/12. It worked well for the 3 plants I have in the back but the 2 in front are mutants and grow much faster. The 3 in the back 4.5 feet tall & on crates but I can barely see them. It was about 2 inch from the ceiling last night before bed, should be done stretching anytime now. I will chop the top if I have to but I hope it doesnt come to that. The last time I had one like this it grew pink colas, I think this one will do the same.

Wow, there have been some nice grows here since I've been gone. I think I'm done with hydro. It's such a PITA to keep up with the water. Lots of tending and testing. Too much for me. And I also think it kind of messes up the grow when the water gets too warm. I just wasted a crop because we had a couple of heat waves this spring. I think I'll be lucky if I get 6 to 8 oz out of this grow. So, I'm going back to soil. It's much easier and the high summer temps I get don't seem to affect the grow near as much in soil. So, I'll be posting here in the near future when my little Blackjack clones are ready to put in my 4x4. Here is a pic of the little buggers. I took cuttings about 5 weeks into flower. They are just now starting to show some signs of veg growth.

Wow, there have been some nice grows here since I've been gone. I think I'm done with hydro. It's such a PITA to keep up with the water. Lots of tending and testing. Too much for me. And I also think it kind of messes up the grow when the water gets too warm. I just wasted a crop because we had a couple of heat waves this spring. I think I'll be lucky if I get 6 to 8 oz out of this grow. So, I'm going back to soil. It's much easier and the high summer temps I get don't seem to affect the grow near as much in soil. So, I'll be posting here in the near future when my little Blackjack clones are ready to put in my 4x4. Here is a pic of the little buggers. I took cuttings about 5 weeks into flower. They are just now starting to show some signs of veg growth.
Have you tried growing in coco? I have only been growing a few years now but have had pretty good luck with it so far. Sorry to hear you lost your grow, i lost one last year too when my exhaust ducting came off my fan during a heat wave. When it gets hot I water down the nutes so they can have more to drink. Currently the room temp is 82F with lights off so tonight should be fun.

Have you tried growing in coco? I have only been growing a few years now but have had pretty good luck with it so far. Sorry to hear you lost your grow, i lost one last year too when my exhaust ducting came off my fan during a heat wave. When it gets hot I water down the nutes so they can have more to drink. Currently the room temp is 82F with lights off so tonight should be fun.
I've never tried coco before, but I'm really happy with soil as long as it's good soil. I picked up some bad soil once that had some kind of gnats in them. When they hatched it was kind of a mess. But as long as the soil is pretty fresh and hasn;t been sitting around forever, it's pretty good.

Too bad to hear about your grow. But I guess if you've been growing long enough, failures are inevitable. Hope your current grow goes well with the high temps. if it get's over 100 degrees, that can be a real killer as I found out.

@SherlokOhmz I also have one untopped girl that wants to grow right into the cool tube reflector.

i have 2x Ackbar OG in the 4x4 tent. I dropped 3 of my feminized beans, and one REALLY started stretching about 10 days into flower and went crazy 90% hermaphrodite. Think I'll stick with regular seeds after I'm done with this mother and the next year of runs. She is X-Wing OG X Phishhead Kush from The Bank genetics. I'm now 22 days into the flip, and I let them veg a week or so too long but they are beautifully chugging along now. Medium of ProMix and Miracle Grow potting soils, some have extra perlite amended. Using Fox Farms nutes trio of Grow Big, Big Bloom micros, and Tiger Bloom and are my select choice of nutes, typically. I go super light on nutes, have all perfect leaf tips, never had any real issues this run of genetics. 5-gallon paint buckets.

600w HPS in a cooltube with XL wing reflector 390CFM of extraction out the filter.

Once these finish in ~40-45 days I've got 5-6 I plan to flip sooner and likely make it a SCRoG setup in same 4x4.

Back
Top Bottom