The ABC Of This New Grow

Re: the a.b.c. of this new grow.

damm camera wont stay on. batteries are dead dead dead. both of them.:(
phone conection to computer is at work.

your own strain and how to do it: backcrossing to original mother from f1 thru f6,7,8 hybreds male to seed her grows. will give ya less than 10% phenos at the f8 stage for sure. you will have a new and unique strain no one else has. forward crossing will give you the traits your after. new seed male to female of various strains and traits you like. do the forward cross first. inless you have 2 or more strains you like that is already stable[less than 10% phenos] f1 thru f4 will get ya there. this just means keeping good records of your grows. so 10 to 12 grows for a new strain is required all from seeds and keep the f1 mother of the first f4 you like and a male from its first seed grow. and grow seed. once you get to f6 it can be stable at that point but f7 and f8 will garentee it.this can be done in less than 18 months if ya know what your doing and only crossing 2 to 3 strains max.
all males will be from the seed. the mother remains the same in back crossing[stabilization for pure strain]

i am working with 2 strains that are very close to being stable. ie:[less than 10% phenos] so my forward cross for traits will be about f4 types crossing into themselfs best male to best female from same seed grows. 4 times [forward crossing for traits]. new males and new females each grow. will stablilize[back cross] new strain at the f5[forward cross] grow for f1 back crossing to start. the total time frame should be 2 to 2.5 or less years as i want to introduce at f5 back cross another strain. one time in. and go from there for another f5 grow. then if i am stable at that grow just back cross to f8[pure new strain] and then kill off the mother. wont need her as all new seed will be a new strain onto itself and less than 10% phenos. 10% of any pure strain is pheno. mutation as mother nature likes it.

lighting , temp. ferts and conditions canot change very much to get a pure strain. 7 generations in the wild will mutate any mj to adapt to its enviroment. not always to your liking. under lab conditions like what indoor grows give is the best way to stabilize seed. most seed banks dont go far enough as most of you get many phenos. one reason i like master kush and skunk#1 is that they are some of the most stable strains out there. and carry dominant genes. so most hybreds will have traits of thoose strains. also i like bag seed from comercial as it is a pure strain 99% of the time. 1 good grow of 25 to 50 plants of anything you buy can tell ya if the strain is truely stable. under the best conditions you will get less than 10% phenos. i like phenos as you can pic the traits but if the whole grow or 80% is way diferent then it is not a stable strain and results will very alot. i like it when a strain shows 1 to 3 compleatly diferent traits. it is more close to stable and easy to pic traits. thoose traits are dominant genes. can cut 1 to 3 grows off your new strain developement.

NOTE ; FOR ADVANCED GROWERS ONLY. this is the basics of develpoing your own new purebred. :)

getting ready to top
IMG_075716.JPG
ditto
IMG_075613.JPG

wasted space
IMG_075820.JPG

the lights all red spectrum now.
IMG_075918.JPG

fyi only ; some resesive genes carried by males from past generations will carry over as a dominant trait in males and most of the females. like blue eyes in humans almost always if pop has blue eyes and grand pop has blue eyes 90% of the time all males will have blues eyes and 50% or greater the females will also have blue eyes. so picking males is very important to remember and picking females that have mostly the same trait to pick your mother/seed plant will give ya greater success in getting the traits you want to carry over in the next generations. and dont worry about hybred vigor as the trait you want shows up 50% or greater then you have a succesfful carry over of desired traits to your f1's just remember you can cross back or cross forward at that point it will be definate in the f2 80% in the f2 show up what you want in a forward cross keep going forward. if less then 80% then cros back to original females from males. so keeping tract and good records and labeling seeds incase you need to reinforce something will help you get what your after by f4 or f5. only when phenos show up alot more then 3 you need to decide if going forward crossing and hopeing for the best or back crossing to get exactly what you want . at that point you will know the triat is resisive . dont fret it happens 50% of the time. just stick with males that show your traits in consecutive seed grows. or change to a diferent female. all it means is the female carries a greater dominat trait than the males your useing. from your next seed grow you can get on tract with a female that shows ya what ya want. i call that the mother daughter cat fight. lol.

sony hmmm can ya direct me . i looked at one at best buy for 120$ wasnt going to make a decession with out more info. i wanted a small one that does good closeups.
also 1.22.13 the stretch is way way going like crazy i already had to cut 6 inches out i may have to do it again [sh..t] . didnt have this problem the last time i did aurora but everything is going hog wild now. still early enough for me to cut them back. and got a master kush true hermie going lots of male and female flowers. going to kill that one off tonight. going to take a pic with phone and post . they in sleep mode now.

1.22.13 thanks goat for the recomendation for sony camera. as i was looking into them 2 weeks ago they were 129$ so i was shopping again and wha la they were on sale 'yipeeeeee' and a bundle to boot 'who ra' the orininal cost for 129$ now included 1] case 2] tripod 3] 8gig memory and 4] the camera all for $129.86 tax included. now battery is in charger and tonight new pics 'yipeeee'. so i am subbed for sure on that.

1.22.13 crazy stretch. will have to trim. only 2 inches of pulley left and 4 inches after that of clamps. damm the water issue set me back. oh well yeild will be smaller but seed grow is primary here. removed males from system [2] 1 papaya and 1 aurora in seperate lab now. had to kill the 2 hermie master kushes off. sent complaint to nirvana on that.
DSC0000922.JPG
DSC0000820.JPG

they just exploded into stretch should of did my ole trick of 3 days of dark. that would have got them to start early. was trying not to manipulate them much some are tied down 8 to 10 inches already. will trimm tonight for sure all the stretchy ones to the same height 3 inches above the slow stretchers.and some fan leaf comming off as well. didnt want to do that but need the slow them down a few days.

they been on flower nutes for 2 weeks now.
i would of been 4 weeks from harvest if on my reg 12/12 grows . and 2 weeks less then i am now if water issues didnt fu..k me up. cant wait till i have seed. about 9 to 10 weeks from now i should be done and into 12/12 seed to harvest a.b.c.. going to keep theese males alive for the grand daddy purp cross this comming outdoor grow. the clones are not started yet but both females are still alive and looking good. not going to clone them till late feburary as we want alot of big clones for outside. and i got to teach the old hippies how to do it mega style. lol. going for 50 plants. and an outside trelus type of scrog. will be 8 times last summers harvest. in the same space. hehehehehe. they love the all natual grow but this last harvest i supervised and got them way more then they dreamed of and way better stuff they still got alot of it. told them it will last till next years crop comes in.

1.23.13 males moved to lab 1 till needed.
DSC000268.JPG

cool thing about males is you can hack the sh..t out of them and keep them alive a long time.

Back
Top Bottom