The ABC Of This New Grow

DSC000849.JPG
males
DSC000837.JPG
east and west
DSC0008210.JPG
DSC000819.JPG
clones in same grow space.
you can follow the clones on this thred[" Cloning from flowering plants,The a.b.c.'s."]. and an occasional report of them here. for now the abc i will report if anything happens. but pics will be in 2 weeks.

yes i will keep updates on the males of this grow and all cross breading and the clones. you should keep males alive if ya have a seperate area to put them in. it dosent have to be a big area or an extensive one either. it can be very ghetto/diy setup. it gives ya the option of being able to rejuvenate a harvested plant for mother seed production just do her early for flowers[your just after seeds.] and she can be taken to the males location for polination and then brought back to the flowering area of the main system if ya follow all the corect procedures i have outlined before. many reasons. keep a favorite strain/mother alive. free seeds to play with. and if ya go 12/12 style many seeds are required for that. and if ya growing 2 kinds pic the best male of 1 with the best traits .and the best female of the other traits you like about her.remeber crossing forward is natural and gives ya dominant traits , crossing back brings those traits to stablelization at the f4,5,6, or 7 f8 plants done all forward crossing gives ya a purebred. crossing back brings back a trait that wasnt dominant at f4 so keeping the female alive at that point[mother] is critical to reinforce the traits you wanted in the begining of your selection. there are alot of info a person needs to know about growing their own strain and most of the avaible info is so basic it really is just a seed grow and not a seed selection grow. i have done this many times and it is like breathing to me [very easy] and my desire to share this info to the masses will no doubt piss alot of master growers off as i intend to share every lil secret[experiance] i have learned over the years. the best kept secret is MALES. really . know your plant and know your strain. regular grow style. from start to finish . and no advanced techniques used as they will not show you the knowledge you need to cross breed. as full a season as possible. then everything about the plant it will show you. one of the reasons i do both indoor and outdoor. is to allow the plants to show me what they really are all about. do not pay any attention to weather a plant is indoor or outdoors. the reason some are considered indoor is because in most cases the photoperiod for flowering is controlled indoors cause of the strain and outdoors the strain dosent get as full of buds as one would like. it is like a disclaimer that the breeder dosent really want you to know . thoose type of starins really like a 2 to 3 day all dark period for the strat of the flip to 12/12. that will shorten your stretch and time to maturity. a secret of the industry. why in most cases you will see in the stats flowering time 8 to 11 weeks. 3 days dark gives ya 8 weeks and no dark gives ya 11 weeks. it is strain specific. like indica has less light in the natural then sativas do and rudys are all over the place but mostly a less light plant. a common mistake autoflower newbie growers make with regaurds to rudys. in the auto flower genetics[common sence really] probogation [survival of the species] is paramount.most say nite is not required to flower. that is stressing to a plant whos entire genetics is survival based on low light and short growing cycles. 12/12 works perfect for autos and longer nites even better. long days still get ya there but stress on genetics will eventually cause greater mutation to start to occur in consecutive crossing.

Paragraphs mate! So much easier to read. A big block of writing scares my stoned head. The letter just start jumping and fuzzing :)

just copy and paste to notes then break it down smaller. lol then read small parts lol. ill try to do better. loved your auto reveiw and the grow.

1.31.13 maintenance ,training and nutes . starting to up the ph. to 6.5.slowly.
ph 5.5. tds 1800. temps average 80dgf , room and lights. reservoir at 69dgf.alpha female of aurora picked out today.
female_papaya_alpha.PNG
papaya
female_aurora_alpha.PNG
aurora

tricomes packing in all over now on both a and b alphas and all their sisters what an awsome smell the 2 kinds are mixing in the room.never did theese 2 kinds in the same space. wow i hope this smell carries over in the offspring[not likely] but hopefull.they still about 7 to 8 weeks out from maturity.

2.3.13 ... flush day yea. :clap:
system ph is 6.0 tds at 1580.
tap ph is 7.2 and tds at 180.
i do this at the night cycle. the plants dump most of their water and nutes during part of its night cycle, you can see when they all look wilted/drooping. hydro growers see their tds/ppms clime at night.
first i shut the drip valve off and open the flush valve. i put my extension on and carefully run the hose to the bathroom.
step#1
i run 1/2 gallon of water from the top for each pot. just to soak it.
i turn the pump on. and it starts draining everything.
i put 2 table spoons of borax in the resivoir to help breakdown and clean it as i am draining
i have a 20 gal resivoir. [18 gallons operating water in the system]. i do 1 tb in the first 5 gallons then at the end of the primary draining. you can see lots of stuff you normally wouldnt see when useing boraxite as a resivoir cleaner and flush. then i continue with 40 to 50 gallons of water flushing while i clean a shopvac out the crud and wipe the res dry.
step#2
ph 6.2 and tds 680
i use bigbloom and sledge hammer as directed for 18 gallons of water.the resivoir is a 20 gallon but true opperation of only 18 gallons. always measure your true gallon capacity or your gonna run into problems.
i return the valve to drip system and start to run on continueuos cycling thru everything.for 2 to 5 hrs. you can do longer or shorter if ya wish . i watch the tds and the ph. it gives me an idea of the breakdown of the salts. just an idea a way i guage things.
2 hrs latter.
ph at 5.5 and tds at 715 :thumb:

2.3.13 flush complete , after flush and adding new water and nutes.
ph 6.2 and tds 1850. 1/2 teaspoon ph up. ill add ph up in 3 days 1 teaspoon to the tray at the screen.

2.6.13 ph at 6.5 and tds at 1500
tconleaf.PNG
trocomes on adolesent buds,leafs and everywhere only 5 weeks into flowering.
mother_ud_papaya.JPG
mother plant papaya selected for many tricomes,compact size, early and large flowers, sturdy structure . and perfect for aurora males match as early flowering strong smells ect . like made in heaven for each other. virginity will soon be lost this weekend. she had very little strech and poped out her glory and getting fatter day by day.she was the first to show flowers and in clusters. damm good traits here. the next grow from her babys will be all 100% 12/12 should get 20 to 26 inch buds from her f1's. her total strecth was less then her total veg height. mesurements in my main logs. will include when she is done. and she grew strong being shaded by her sisters too. so i expect much better results with her offsprings in 12/12. and if posible after all her seeds are good and ripe if i can get a clone off her it will go to the collectives outside grow.

mother_ud_papaya.JPG
3 to 5 weeks into flowering the plants[feamles will tell ya] when the leaf starts to reverse is a good sign expample 1,3,5,7,9,11,13 then reverse 13,11,9,7, right in here 5,3,1 you will have many flowers by then. just before their mid life flower cycle start polinateing. for me i polenate them 3 times to insure alot of seeds.
DSC001029.JPG
the males are putting it out.
DSC0010110.JPG
side veiw. the short fat girl there is ready to get it on with the pollen.
an easy to remember rule of thumb is.
as soon as a pistal reaches from a bud site to the next node. polinate.you have enough flowers. and dont be skimpy polinate the whole girl if she is an alpha selection.if just needing seed polinate the middle and lowers sides. you want good healthy seed and lots of them.
each female flower is a seperate genetic code of the parent same for male pollen. so alpha selections are done at the top bud when breeding and just seed need is done at mid and lower sites.

2.6.13 polination as they woke up they looked good for it. polinated about 1/2 the garden so lots of seeds for me of 2 kinds of f1 hybreds. could posbly get some seed from the master kush that would be cool it was on the side i polinated with aurora to papaya. all fans are off so i may get some sinsimilla out of it as well. the only drag about breeding is the best plants get seeded. oh well. so i imagine 300 to 500 seeds from this which will give me 2 years of indoor grow 12/12 and 2 years for the hippies [the colective] outdoor grow. i will know in the first crop if the traits i want came over as dominant. if so ill continue going forward in breeding f2,3,4,5. till i know i am stable and phenos are less then 20% ill be happy with that. they stink up the house 2 hrs before lights come on lmao thats a really good trait in both strains and the combo of both strains smell i am hopping will be the same in the f1 and forward. this stuff is really amazing me in this grow. as i know alot about the auroras and some with the papayas now that i can see the papaya indoor i am really impressed with it. out door they grow like gdp but produce shorter plants way more medical and more buds per sq foot. but look very similar outdoors as the gdp does except gdp can get 12 feet and produce 2# grown natural.[no traing ect] hippie style i call it.]

2.9.13 papaya mother polinated by male aurora 3 times.
2_9_13_mother.JPG

some of the others are comming along very nice and a few of the phenos have a airy stretch to them. most are pretty packed like her and still alot of weeks out.
more pics next week.

Back
Top Bottom