The Abrams Report

Rastoner said:
Those are people, not churches. Two different things my friend.
People that go to a church that promotes the freedom to choose to have a gay marriage. Oxford Methodists are just fine with gay marriages. As long as you accept Jesus/God, you are fine with their church.

Ok you agree with me, but still find some way to argue. My whole point is that it came from monkeys, which you simply restated. Good job on pointing out the obvious.
This is what I hate about being me. I sit here and try to be as fair as possible, and some people think that I'm just trying to "find some way to argue"

You stated a false fact, and I corrected you. It had no implication on the argument at all except to show that you fell for a rumor. If you're going to take a correction as an attack, you might as well just go because I'm not going to let false facts stand as truths if I can correct them. I think most people would consider that a noble thing to do.

Here here! Make sources mandatory! What were you guys talking about anyway?

Rastoner said:
You said nothing to disprove my earlier statement. I said a person and a church (an establishment) are two different things. All you said in return is that people who are fine with gay marriages go to church. Yeah I know a few people who are fine with gay marriages that go to church. But a Church is an establishment built around the principles of the bible. So all Churches condemn gay marriages. Maybe not the people who go to that church, but those churches do.
The Bible, as you may well know, is open to interpretation. The interpretation of my sister's church, Oxford United Methodist, is that gay marriages are just fine under God. That's not just the people that go to church, that's the church itself. The church's interpretation of the Bible is that God will accept you regardless of whether or not you choose to have a gay marriage

But either way, it is a moot point because of the First Amendment.

learn about tone and attitude.
Why are you getting so bitter just because I corrected you? I wasn't trying to be rude. I was just trying to educate a misled mind. Why are you getting so uptoght about that?

If this were a formal debate, I would check my attitude at the door, but this is not a formal debate and I'm only human, so excuse me for having a personality.

Rastoner said:
learn about tone and attitude.
Learn about trying to take things in the most positive manner when in an INTERNET FORUM. Tone and attitude are very hard to convey on an internet forum, so everything is up to interpretation.

TheOldGuy said:
The Bible, as you may well know, is open to interpretation. The interpretation of my sister's church, Oxford United Methodist, is that gay marriages are just fine under God. That's not just the people that go to church, that's the church itself. The church's interpretation of the Bible is that God will accept you regardless of whether or not you choose to have a gay marriage

But either way, it is a moot point because of the First Amendment.

How could they say that?!?!?!It clearly states, "A man shall not lay with a man as he lays with a woman."Sounds like he's condemning homosexuality to me.

Rastoner said:
If thats the way you think, then you my friend must have never read a book.
Then you my friend are an idiot, because none of us here are authors, so we aren't exactly the most expressive people. Also, you don't exactly elaborate on what you are actually trying to express, everything comes off the same. What do you think the smi9lies are for?

Rastoner said:
Ok...Time to de-stupidfy you. I'm trying to fuckin say that tone and attitude are easily expressed through the written word. You don't have to be overly expressive to show tone and attitude in writing.
Tone and attitude are a lot harder to express through the written word, just use a goddamned smilie. :) :rolleyes: :cool: :D ;) :p :confused: :eek: :eek: :mad:

Also, you own mood will translate into how you take something. For example, you don't like TOG, so everything he types, you take as an insult. He says the word ignorant, and you go off and attack him.

I also think you need to be de-STUPIFIED

Back
Top Bottom