The Absolutely Incredible And Bulky RDWC 750w LED Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk: 2019 Indoor Feminised

$200! And you only bought one. Every one of my Bulk phenotypes had a different odor, one was a lot stronger then the others but they were not as bad as yours sound.
So talk about a swift kick to the nuts... the box heats up OUT OF CONTROL. 80F on the low end and up to 90F on the high end, that’s with only a small plant and it gets worse if I connect the can filter. Spent about 8 hours yesterday trying to solve for it, unsuccessfully, so I think I’m done with that box altogether.

I’m trying to come up with plan B. The RDWC system is sick, and it’s close to fully automated with the PH controller. The plant was getting burned in the box, so I moved it back to my tent under an LED to chill out. When we originally design the RDWC system it was to be over under - in your opinion how difficult would it be to alternate it to a side by side? My thought is have what was the (bottom) reservoir outside the tent to keep cool and buy a new tub for inside where the plant will sit. The part I’m struggling with is the draining from plant tub back to main res if they are both on an even surface. Appreciate any insight here. Can’t tel you how fucking pissed I was yesterday. Good news, have sick RDWC system guts with automation and a plant that’s still alive. Bad news, that cabinet was a bust.

So talk about a swift kick to the nuts... the box heats up OUT OF CONTROL. 80F on the low end and up to 90F on the high end, that’s with only a small plant and it gets worse if I connect the can filter. Spent about 8 hours yesterday trying to solve for it, unsuccessfully, so I think I’m done with that box altogether.

I’m trying to come up with plan B. The RDWC system is sick, and it’s close to fully automated with the PH controller. The plant was getting burned in the box, so I moved it back to my tent under an LED to chill out. When we originally design the RDWC system it was to be over under - in your opinion how difficult would it be to alternate it to a side by side? My thought is have what was the (bottom) reservoir outside the tent to keep cool and buy a new tub for inside where the plant will sit. The part I’m struggling with is the draining from plant tub back to main res if they are both on an even surface. Appreciate any insight here. Can’t tel you how fucking pissed I was yesterday. Good news, have sick RDWC system guts with automation and a plant that’s still alive. Bad news, that cabinet was a bust.

So sorry it's a bust, that cabinet looked like a wicked sick piece of hardware and you invested a lot of energy into it, is an external 4" fan in a box out of the question? Replace HPS with LED? Side by side is an easy setup also, just need a couple of bulkheads and some tubing/pipe, we'll figure something out.

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

So sorry it's a bust, that cabinet looked like a wicked sick piece of hardware and you invested a lot of energy into it, is an external 4" fan in a box out of the question? Replace HPS with LED? Side by side is an easy setup also, just need a couple of bulkheads and some tubing/pipe, we'll figure something out.

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
So what I ended up doing was grabbing a 12 gallon rectangle bucket to sit outside the tent running into a 5gallon bucket with DWC lid via tubing. The feedline is 3/4” tubing and the return is 1/2” tubing (probably should have done the other way around)...but it’s working. I need to figure out a better method to keep the water level EXACTLY where I want it without messing with levers and water flow. Ultimately, I’m exhausted but this setup will be way easier to maintain than the cabinet in the long run. Way less stuff, quiet, and clean.

Curious as to your opinion on lights. I have an Advanced LED XML 350 running in the tent, so I’m debating if I just do a full run with that or add in an HPS. It’s a high quality LED (not the cheap bs ones), but I remember when you did your bulk run you said LED wasn’t even close to HPS.

DF985D56-B532-49A5-B242-448BC430B95D.jpeg
6BE9E0A0-71DE-41B5-823E-9CF19906BC63.jpeg

In mixing nutes I went too hot because I’m at 952 but this is where the bulk needs to earn her keep because I’m too tired to fix right now. If this were a highly temperamental strain I’d be all over it, but roots aren’t even in water so I’m not too concerned.
9D9D89B9-3289-410C-B944-6EE2B80A94E3.jpeg

So what I ended up doing was grabbing a 12 gallon rectangle bucket to sit outside the tent running into a 5gallon bucket with DWC lid via tubing. The feedline is 3/4” tubing and the return is 1/2” tubing (probably should have done the other way around)...but it’s working. I need to figure out a better method to keep the water level EXACTLY where I want it without messing with levers and water flow. Ultimately, I’m exhausted but this setup will be way easier to maintain than the cabinet in the long run. Way less stuff, quiet, and clean.

Curious as to your opinion on lights. I have an Advanced LED XML 350 running in the tent, so I’m debating if I just do a full run with that or add in an HPS. It’s a high quality LED (not the cheap bs ones), but I remember when you did your bulk run you said LED wasn’t even close to HPS.

I did my Bulk runs entirely under 1000W HPS. Your light is very well reviewed and is supposed to be a direct replacement for a 600w HPS, try a few runs with it, if you re not getting your 1/2 to 3/4 pounds with it then look into replacing it. Had I structured my plants differently the LED would have produced more then in my test. What is a connect stick?

I did my Bulk runs entirely under 1000W HPS. Your light is very well reviewed and is supposed to be a direct replacement for a 600w HPS, try a few runs with it, if you re not getting your 1/2 to 3/4 pounds with it then look into replacing it. Had I structured my plants differently the LED would have produced more then in my test. What is a connect stick?
It’s for Bluelab products like their PH controller or Guardian Monitor. Just a USB that you connect to a comp/ WiFi near the devices and they log all the info to it - which allows you to see it real time on your phone from their app. Very old school design, but convenient. Catch is you need their products. Here’s a link to the product on Amazon, not sure if you’re in the US (if not the link may not work).

Bluelab Connect USB Stick Monitor
41weBPRXzhL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Day 32 from seed:
-RDWC
-XML 350 LED and 3x 2’ T5 (420, 460, FS+UV)
-PH 6.0
-PPM 630
-Water Temp 65F
-Air Temp 74F
-RH 60%
-CO2 ~1200/1300 PPM

Introduced CO2 and gave the plant a MAJOR haircut yesterday, took her down to a single node (2 mains). I’d normally leave at least 4 mains, but didn’t like the look/ stability of one of the tops and decided the best bet was to take it down another level/ get two additional clones out of the deal. It wasn’t something I wanted/ planned to do, but her few remaining leaves (LOL) are already perking back up. Cuttings also look surprisingly good considering it’s day 1 and some were smaller than I’d normally take. Hoping for

Additionally, after a lot of debate about what to do with the cab having heat issues - I just pulled the trigger on a few DIY LEDs and the plan is to use that box solely for flowering rooted clones/ small plants. I moved forward with the following gear, and as long as a) heat isn’t a problem and b) the plants will respond the way I imagine... we’re officially in business.

-(2) Chilled Logic 100w Pucks W/ 40MM Heatsinks
-(2) Far Red Initiator Pucks
-Meanwell HLG-320H-48B

The 100w pucks put out 3000K + 660nm deep red and the far red initiators will have a combined (8) CREE XP-E LEDs sending out 730nm far red.

I’ll post some pics in a few days once she snaps out of stunned mode and gets going again.

Day 36 from seed:
-RDWC
-PH 6.0
-PPM 720
-Water Temp 64F
-Air Temp 72F
-RH 65%
-CO2 1152

Had a major flood this week which saturated the plant, you see signs of overwatering on a few leaves (looks like Nitrogen def, it’s not). Plant has recovered well from topping, but would’ve been better without the water problem. I added in some Great White Shark into the last res change which is a dark brown powder, since I’ve noticed the roots are darker. Not having done DWC before, I think they’re fine - but if you think I should be concerned lmk (no smell or slime). Other than that the cuttings look good, 1 of 2 LED shipments arrived and when the other gets here next week I can test heat temps with the Roommate. If all goes well I’ll use that for flowering.
4CE31404-5A97-4B55-A4F9-98F75EE9E405.jpeg
82F5B001-AEDC-4EC3-883B-4C4EA10D0726.jpeg
86904AC3-67C0-4959-845F-482685D89EF3.jpeg
9345F979-5310-44B7-8E11-3AF34383B8A9.jpeg

Day 36 from seed:
-RDWC
-PH 6.0
-PPM 720
-Water Temp 64F
-Air Temp 72F
-RH 65%
-CO2 1152

Had a major flood this week which saturated the plant, you see signs of overwatering on a few leaves (looks like Nitrogen def, it’s not). Plant has recovered well from topping, but would’ve been better without the water problem. I added in some Great White Shark into the last res change which is a dark brown powder, since I’ve noticed the roots are darker. Not having done DWC before, I think they’re fine - but if you think I should be concerned lmk (no smell or slime). Other than that the cuttings look good, 1 of 2 LED shipments arrived and when the other gets here next week I can test heat temps with the Roommate. If all goes well I’ll use that for flowering.

Flood? She looks good. Some products stain roots a little and it's usually nothing to worry about, the staining will get somewhat darker if you keep adding your additive. Major flood?

Flood? Major flood?

Oh man, it was fucked. Basically I moved my outside res and accidentally kinked the return line, but didn’t notice and went to bed. When I woke up, tent and outside were SOAKED. Basically all of the backup res flooded out of the netpot opening. Had to clear and takedown the whole tent to cleanup. Gave me a chance to clean up wiring and nothing died, but a major PIA. Was totally my fault, just should’ve paid more attention. Good news it was all hardwood floors, no carpet thank goodness. Need to come up with a bucket design that plans for fault tolerance and single points of failure.

Hey Growca, you've got a nice grow coming along! In reference to the last few pics you posted, did you clean those water droplets off the leaves? Those droplets can act as magnifying glasses, and can burn spots into her. I'm sorry to hear about the flood!

I'm waiting for one more part, and then I'm building a RDWC that seems similar to what you're going for. I'm using two 5 gallon buckets, and running 1-1/2" PVC between the two with bulkheads. I have an inline pump (not submerged in the res, for temp reason) 'sucking' water from my plant site into my control bucket. I have 1/2" return PVC. I'll link a 3D model I built to plan for it.

I'm growing an HSO Blue Dream about 2 weeks behind you, and I'm super jealous of your dark green coloring! I think I added nutes entirely too late, and I had a problem with a product called Defguard, which I've replaced with Hydroguard. My girl is a little lighter than yours, so I'm hoping she catches up in color soon.

The grow box seems awesome, and hopefully your new LED lights can lower the temps a bit. I'm running a single HLG - 135 quantum board in a Mars Hydro tent, in a less-than-ideal closet space. My temps would be uncontrollable if I were using an HPS or something. Have you looked into the temps the LED driver is going to get up to?

I'm using two fans total. A 4" inline fan with carbon filter as an exhaust fan, and a 3' tower fan with 5 different speeds. I've been able to maintain 72F lights off and 79F lights on. If you had more air movement (cycling) in your box, maybe your temps would be lower?

EDIT:: I forgot the damn pic. Here it is:

Hey Growca, you've got a nice grow coming along! In reference to the last few pics you posted, did you clean those water droplets off the leaves? Those droplets can act as magnifying glasses, and can burn spots into her. I'm sorry to hear about the flood!

I'm waiting for one more part, and then I'm building a RDWC that seems similar to what you're going for. I'm using two 5 gallon buckets, and running 1-1/2" PVC between the two with bulkheads. I have an inline pump (not submerged in the res, for temp reason) 'sucking' water from my plant site into my control bucket. I have 1/2" return PVC. I'll link a 3D model I built to plan for it.

I'm growing an HSO Blue Dream about 2 weeks behind you, and I'm super jealous of your dark green coloring! I think I added nutes entirely too late, and I had a problem with a product called Defguard, which I've replaced with Hydroguard. My girl is a little lighter than yours, so I'm hoping she catches up in color soon.

The grow box seems awesome, and hopefully your new LED lights can lower the temps a bit. I'm running a single HLG - 135 quantum board in a Mars Hydro tent, in a less-than-ideal closet space. My temps would be uncontrollable if I were using an HPS or something. Have you looked into the temps the LED driver is going to get up to?

I'm using two fans total. A 4" inline fan with carbon filter as an exhaust fan, and a 3' tower fan with 5 different speeds. I've been able to maintain 72F lights off and 79F lights on. If you had more air movement (cycling) in your box, maybe your temps would be lower?

EDIT:: I forgot the damn pic. Here it is:

Hey man, thanks! The water drops you in that pic are on cuttings in a closed dome with tons of condensation, so no concerns about burn.

I’ve been using Hydroguard and so far it’s been fine, so should work out well for you. What base nutrients are you running? I’m sure your plant(s) will pick up steam and you’ll be all good in no time, so don’t sweat the color too much. I’m planning to mount the driver outside of the cab, but not 100% sure how hot it gets - most things I’ve read say the run anywhere for ~100-140*F.

I think your design looks good, and having the pump outside will make res changes and cleaning easier for sure. Are you planning to keep the primary res/ control bucket inside the tent or outside?

@Alienpus

Since I’m planning on using cab to flower, the RDWC bucket plant is sort of turning into a slow project plant. Want to get your take on this mainline structure. Here’s an endstate example of what I’m thinking:

7B0E6C91-6790-4C8C-88EF-A5291DB80838.png

16 tops, 4 rounds of topping. Since I’m in no rush on the bucket plant, I could top again right now, but wondering if the better approach is letting it beef out with more foliage and established roots before chopping more. You’re the only one I know who’s grown IB, so interested in your opinion. My thought is flower cuttings while giving this plant plenty of time in veg with training, and then at some point go big flowering her in the tent.

Here’s her current growth and where I eventually want to cut, question is just should I give her time.
B1E98BED-443B-4B67-8E86-00B46E101327.jpeg

I think this is actually going to be a great pheno, but time will tell. It’s funny because my friends and I all avoided growing these seeds thinking they’d be lame, but the structure, smell, rigor is looking very promising so far (I’m admittedly pretty pleasantly surprised). Appreciate your input as always.

@Alienpus

Since I’m planning on using cab to flower, the RDWC bucket plant is sort of turning into a slow project plant. Want to get your take on this mainline structure. Here’s an endstate example of what I’m thinking:

16 tops, 4 rounds of topping. Since I’m in no rush on the bucket plant, I could top again right now, but wondering if the better approach is letting it beef out with more foliage and established roots before chopping more. You’re the only one I know who’s grown IB, so interested in your opinion. My thought is flower cuttings while giving this plant plenty of time in veg with training, and then at some point go big flowering her in the tent.

Here’s her current growth and where I eventually want to cut, question is just should I give her time.

I think this is actually going to be a great pheno, but time will tell. It’s funny because my friends and I all avoided growing these seeds thinking they’d be lame, but the structure, smell, rigor is looking very promising so far (I’m admittedly pretty pleasantly surprised). Appreciate your input as always.

I think you have too much light and not enough stretch to train like in the picture, yours would be a lot denser plus there is no shoots in the center, I really believe you would be better served with an other method, but experimenting is part of the fun. Check out @The Germinator IB DWC journal HERE, the pictures document well his pruning, he structures them basicly they way you liked in mine, add a little LST to get the desired lower/wider and flat canopy we are after. His IB behaves just like mine did, we should assume yours would be similar. If you do not need the clones and are in no hurry, then go ahead and prune her any time you wish.

I think you have too much light and not enough stretch to train like in the picture, yours would be a lot denser plus there is no shoots in the center, I really believe you would be better served with an other method, but experimenting is part of the fun. Check out @The Germinator IB DWC journal HERE, the pictures document well his pruning, he structures them basicly they way you liked in mine, add a little LST to get the desired lower/wider and flat canopy we are after. His IB behaves just like mine did, we should assume yours would be similar. If you do not need the clones and are in no hurry, then go ahead and prune her any time you wish.
Yeah good point and thanks for the link. He structured it like I was originally planning with 4 mains, I just screwed up on and nicked one of the mains and so ended up removing it (you can see the issue on the left branch near meristem). His plants look great though. I’ll turn down the blue on my LED, and give it low power red for a while to encourage some stretch and see what she does and how she grows, then decide from there.
38F0FD13-7348-4E9F-B4BE-94CFFA55057A.png

Hey man, thanks! The water drops you in that pic are on cuttings in a closed dome with tons of condensation, so no concerns about burn.

I’ve been using Hydroguard and so far it’s been fine, so should work out well for you. What base nutrients are you running? I’m sure your plant(s) will pick up steam and you’ll be all good in no time, so don’t sweat the color too much. I’m planning to mount the driver outside of the cab, but not 100% sure how hot it gets - most things I’ve read say the run anywhere for ~100-140*F.

I think your design looks good, and having the pump outside will make res changes and cleaning easier for sure. Are you planning to keep the primary res/ control bucket inside the tent or outside?

Nutes I'm using are GH Flora trio. I'm only in a 27"x27"x63" tent, so the control res will be outside. I've already cut the holes through the tent and everything goes through fine. However, in disassembly it ripped significantly. I received patching material, so once the new system is in place I'll sew it all up.

Day 42 from seed. Not much happening, just vegging out the bucket plant for a while and will train for a (hopefully) massive flower in the tent. Cuttings are rooted and I moved into coco today, will start flowering these in my cabinet after New Years with the Chilled Logic LEDs. The new LEDs are bright, so so bright. Excited to see how the plants do.

A99E638A-9048-4921-B60D-5F32C4A544BD.jpeg
C3C049AA-DC3D-4226-8B81-D86DD24471F9.jpeg
AAC02BA5-B150-460F-A7C8-96B6493861A4.jpeg
28054F24-079D-4D6F-A287-CF4FE567A13C.jpeg
DBD741B0-1D69-4D5B-BC8D-B86B44652C7B.jpeg
76171E49-99F3-4305-8585-FB12FBD48972.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom