The Absolutely Incredible And Bulky RDWC 750w LED Dr. Krippling Incredible Bulk: 2019 Indoor Feminised

Day 4 Flower - Started first dark cycle last Friday night and the growth after just 3 full days is pretty amazing. No real updates, plant is just looking beautiful and wanted to share.
E9582DD0-1ECD-4B4C-9E88-D83072D4C488.jpeg

Do you remember how hungry your bulk was for calmag? I see what appears to be calmag deficiency on a few leaves, but I’m having a hard time believing that’s the case. I’m running a high RH environment right now aligned to the VPD chart, and I’ve read that humidity can create calmag deficiency in plants despite the res having plenty of available nutrients... so I’m a bit unsure which is the root cause. The top comment on Leafly for Incredible Bulk states “calmag beast” so maybe it’s just a heavy consumer? Plant is healthy and I’m going to defoliate again soon anyway, but curious if she’s actually deficient or if it’s the humidity. VPD has enough science behind it to knownits legit, and I’d rather go by that as the current growth is great, curious for experienced input.

Any Thoughts?

Funny
Do you remember how hungry your bulk was for calmag? I see what appears to be calmag deficiency on a few leaves, but I’m having a hard time believing that’s the case. I’m running a high RH environment right now aligned to the VPD chart, and I’ve read that humidity can create calmag deficiency in plants despite the res having plenty of available nutrients... so I’m a bit unsure which is the root cause. The top comment on Leafly for Incredible Bulk states “calmag beast” so maybe it’s just a heavy consumer? Plant is healthy and I’m going to defoliate again soon anyway, but curious if she’s actually deficient or if it’s the humidity. VPD has enough science behind it to knownits legit, and I’d rather go by that as the current growth is great, curious for experienced input.

Any Thoughts?

No major calmag issues with my bulk runs.

Thanks, man - I added more CM+ to be safe and working to adjust humidity down (I think it’s the humidity TBH).

LOL I hope all viewers are sitting down because today is Root check day. Before you panic and start throwing your popcorn everywhere, there’s no root rot and everything is healthy! This is just what DWC with organics and recharge in the water looks like. Hard to tell from the pic, but there are some monster roots mixed in to the overall bundle. Though it’s not nearly as pretty as the pearly white roots I see from so many growers on here, my hope is the flavor of these buds is going to be off the charts (fingers crossed).
E06E48F9-F766-463A-8A83-6C3F9F36ADB2.jpeg

My roots are often that color from using floraliscious plus (I think) in my general hyrdo nutes. Still trips me out and I just keep hoping it's all good. I just look at it like you are, if the plants look healthy hopefully they all are.

Realized today that my light started coming on at 12am instead of 4am a few days ago...which means I started a few days of 12/12, but then must’ve hit the timer when I was moving stuff which made it revert back to 16/8 the last 3-4 days.

Soooooo let’s try this again. Day 1 of flower starting tomorrow. Good news is it gave me an opp to super crop about 6-7 branches. FML.

Little concerned about how big the plant is, just shy of 3’ x 3’ canopy. Bigger than originally intended and IDK how much of the flowering stretch occurred before lights reverted or what is still to come now that I reset 12/12 light cycle. Assuming I can support the buds, I have a feeling this plant is going to bang pretty hard.

659C6105-780B-4F05-B195-DBF4B190BEA7.jpeg

You could make a net over to spread them a bit sideways and up to help control the stretch a bit too. How fast does that little silica dehumidifier down there get saturated to needing to be dryed out? I have a few in safes but didn't think they would do much with so much air volume.

Good suggestion, I’ll either scrog or tie lines to the ceiling for support, just depends what week 2/3 flower looks like. Hard to know what the plant will do at this point (especially because of the light screw up). Since this strain is big bud/ skunk, my biggest concern is branches will snap under the weight.

I just got those packs the other day and I don’t have confidence they are actually having any impact TBH. It says as they fill up the beads turn from orange to green, but so far they’re still orange and I’ve had them in there for prob 3-4 days at ~65-70% humidity.

Yeah they seem to do rather little inside a pretty tightly sealed up safe, and it's not like they ever have enough to drip ever so it must be tiny amounts. I see them in peoples tents though and wondered. Good to know before I stuck more stuff in my already cramped tent!

Could do a double scrog, one to get all the sites perfectly level now with a little higher second set to support the buds and the first could probably be removed when it kicks into the support structure. Looks really happy though despite the snafu!

Just installed the dehumidifier in the room and hoping it keeps up. We shall see!

Little concerned about how big the plant is, just shy of 3’ x 3’ canopy. Bigger than originally intended and IDK how much of the flowering stretch occurred before lights reverted or what is still to come now

Figure on a cannabis plant stretching for the first 40% of the flowering period (assuming there are no significant changes during that time, especially to your lighting), so if you have a fairly accurate idea of the total length of the flowering period, you can just multiply that by .4, then multiply that by the amount of growth you're seeing per day.

If you don't know the flowering period, well... at least you can multiply the length of the stretch (in days, not inches ;) ) by 1.5, add that stretch period (again, number of days) to what you got, and get a pretty good estimate of the proper flowering period - because 40% + 60% = 100%.

Thanks man, flower time should be 7-8 weeks. I did 3 things somewhat simultaneously - changed env to align to recommended VPD levels (new for me), ramped up CO2, and added more flower LED... then flipped to 12/12. I saw explosive growth over the next week, which I attributed to flower, but then realized my lights were coming on earlier than I set my timer- I accidentally hit my timer when I was pruning my pepper plants which kicked my lights back to 18/6 about 4 days into flip.

Good news is I have vertical space to accommodate stretch, but I’m really wondering 2 key things if you have experience or an opinion on them.

1. Do you think 4 days into flip cycle (12/12), abruptly reverted back to veg (18/6) for 3 days and then changed back to 12/12 is any cause for concern the plant will herm out? My hope is that so early it won’t matter. I’ve read a lot of studies that it takes 2-3 weeks to fully revert to veg even when you’ve entered pre-flower.

2. I do single node flip, but now I’m (sort of) restarting 12/12 and have about 3 nodes worth of new growth since my original light change. Im counting on that growth all turning to bud like normal, but do you think there’s any merit in stripping them down again and counting on new stretch?

Problem is idk how much of that new growth is due to VPD vs start of flower. 3-4 days doesn’t seem long enough for true flower stretch, so idk.

W1, D5 Flower (Long Update)

PPM- 875, PH 5.8
WT 65F, Air 83F, RH 68%
CO2 - 1100-1300

Thought I’d update as I’m seeing a few signs of positive progress.

1. Plant is big, much bigger than my original plan. Thick stem, the canopy is 34” x 38”, and plant is 2’ tall from the top of the lid of the bucket. Keep in mind this is also after supercropping.

3848D064-1EF8-45BE-A8DC-38D6BDC7C042.jpeg
C4D673CC-CBDB-4B2E-9200-A4B74F9659AA.jpeg

A9306FC2-765C-4010-BA75-0AB06E737FF1.jpeg
1F5157C0-22CE-48A3-A439-DB4F16C1C6C4.jpeg

2. First signs are starting to show, turns out the feminised seed look to keeping their word and are female
clear.png

5BCC0F0C-2327-4625-A4B7-AF5E2A19C16C.jpeg

3. Roots are massive, think I may have to upgrade from a 5 gal bucket to a 7 gal bucket. Some of the roots are much thicker than the pic gives off.
A65C3B5C-F879-4CAD-87F3-9EC4CE40A870.jpeg

4. Did a res refill (not change yesterday) and lowered the PPM to ~875. I’ve only cleaned the res once since it’s been in the 5 gal bucket. Went over 30 days last time and I’m already creeping up on over two weeks since that wipe down/ sudo clean. I’ve been giving nutrients as I see the plant needs them and adding water. I feel like I’m doing DWC a bit against the grain by using organics, myco, bennies, etc. and really not cleaning as much as everyone recommends...but the plant is vigorous and healthy, and if it’s not broke don’t fix it.
5. Since I lowered the humidity and have been adding calmag (almost every other day), I haven’t noticed any more signs of CM deficiency.

And no, it’s not root rot
clear.png

A clone I FIMmed is finally starting to regrow the shoots (never FIMmed before), seems to be doing good, but I can’t tell what the final result will be just yet - hoping it’s cool.

FA9C00C7-083F-454C-BACB-B8EF7D1C50D7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom