420 Magazine Background

The Alberta Growers Lounge

Backlipslide

Member of the Month: Mar 2020 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2020 - Nug of the Month: Feb 2020
Just saying hi from Calgary. New to the forums and a new old grower. Love growing now that there's no worry of the door getting kicked in. I sure did 20 years ago though. How times have changed... Anyhow, good to meet you group and look forward to sharing the goods.:headbanger:
Welcome @CagedApe 420 mag is a great place to be! And I mean what else are we going to do with all our down time!
I’m north of you by about three hours. Happy to have you pop in! Are you growing anything at the moment?

CagedApe

20200325_081337_HDR.jpg

I'm running a 4x2x5 tent and 2 cheap LED's. There are 2 strains in there. They were taken as clones so the lineage is here say but Rockstar and Violator are the strains. The Rockstar is a real knockout. Hoping to flip in 2 to 3 weeks. I keep my lights down lower to keep the nodes tight. I am ordering a new light so I'll probably be able to lift the new one up a little higher. I do LST throughout the veg. I don't use wires, just massage into place over time. It ends up giving me a good 8 to 10 leads in the end. Anyways, that's kind of where I'm at right now.:hmmmm:

Last edited:

Backlipslide

Member of the Month: Mar 2020 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2020 - Nug of the Month: Feb 2020

CagedApe

That indeed! Do you plan on having a journal going for your grow?
I was thinking about it. I suck at taking pictures so...:19: To answer those questions previous, yes those lights are close. As I said, nodes.... :yummy: Anywho, I'm in competition with my best friend to see who can grow the better plants. He seems to have this notion that because he can grow it(when I found out he was growing, he wondered why nothing was growing and he wasn't feeding a hydroponic system). So now he can grow it but thinks he's the king. Clearly I'm about to smash his ass in a couple of months. His plants are always long and the nodes are always stretched out. I tried to tell him to bring the light down and then raise them as they need. This guy that grew 20 years ago and noticed that his dumbass wasn't feeding anything, apparently I know nothing...:hmmmm: I do have to give him credit, he does pull in some good weight now :meatballs: I just think his plants are ugly.:19: Anyways, I've known this jerk off for 28 years so I like to make fun of him. :blunt:

Backlipslide

I was thinking about it. I suck at taking pictures so...:19: To answer those questions previous, yes those lights are close. As I said, nodes.... :yummy: Anywho, I'm in competition with my best friend to see who can grow the better plants. He seems to have this notion that because he can grow it(when I found out he was growing, he wondered why nothing was growing and he wasn't feeding a hydroponic system). So now he can grow it but thinks he's the king. Clearly I'm about to smash his ass in a couple of months. His plants are always long and the nodes are always stretched out. I tried to tell him to bring the light down and then raise them as they need. This guy that grew 20 years ago and noticed that his dumbass wasn't feeding anything, apparently I know nothing...:hmmmm: I do have to give him credit, he does pull in some good weight now :meatballs: I just think his plants are ugly.:19: Anyways, I've known this jerk off for 28 years so I like to make fun of him. :blunt:
Sounds like you two have a great relationship :19:

CagedApe

So... you ducked the question... you have a journal for the grow? :popcorn:
:19: The pressure geez... Are ya a cop or writing a book? :51: Yeah I'll have to put something together. I have a seed coming in called auto Purple Ryder. I'll be doing one on it for sure as I've never grown an autoflower and I've never even heard of one up until a couple months ago. So.... I'm gonna give it a shot.:thumb: Well I can see I'm in good company. Should be good fun.

Backlipslide

:19: The pressure geez... Are ya a cop or writing a book? :51: Yeah I'll have to put something together. I have a seed coming in called auto Purple Ryder. I'll be doing one on it for sure as I've never grown an autoflower and I've never even heard of one up until a couple months ago. So.... I'm gonna give it a shot.:thumb: Well I can see I'm in good company. Should be good fun.
Well, jokes or not, it’s frowned upon here saying I’m a cop. So I’ll stick to, writing a book. :nerd-with-glasses:

knowing my past, they would just laugh at me if I tried to get in the academy. Once they stop laughing, they’d actually ask me to get the fuck out.
:19:

Top Bottom