IMG_20210704_152047_034.jpg
IMG_20210704_152047_019.jpg
IMG_20210704_150440_796.jpg
20210704_121713.jpg
20210703_191730.jpg
20210702_082718.jpg
20210702_065444.jpg

Awesome job @Chungo

I'm on my 5th grow and am experimenting a bit with outdoor growing this year. I've got 3 Sensi Star in 5 gallon pots in the backyard. With 12 hour days only starting in late September, do most outdoor growers around here anticipate a November harvest? Seems late that would make sense for an 8 week flower no?

GG

I'm on my 5th grow and am experimenting a bit with outdoor growing this year. I've got 3 Sensi Star in 5 gallon pots in the backyard. With 12 hour days only starting in late September, do most outdoor growers around here anticipate a November harvest? Seems late that would make sense for an 8 week flower no?

GG
My neighbors have 2 outdoor plants and I was thinking the same thing... no way that's gonna work IMO. Sooo I volunteered my garden shed, in the next few days we are gonna start to wheel them in and out at 6:30. I hope this will work, has anyone tried this? I checked the shed and it is dark in there.

We checked the sunrise sunset times for the end of September, we should be done around the same time our sun starts into 12/12.

My neighbors have 2 outdoor plants and I was thinking the same thing... no way that's gonna work IMO. Sooo I volunteered my garden shed, in the next few days we are gonna start to wheel them in and out at 6:30. I hope this will work, has anyone tried this? I checked the shed and it is dark in there.

We checked the sunrise sunset times for the end of September, we should be done around the same time our sun starts into 12/12.
Should work. But sounds like a lot of work of moving the plants in and out. I have thought of much the same idea with the one plant but it seems that would take up a lot of my time so I have planed on just bringing in the plant and putting it under lights for the flowering 12/12. The only advantage I see in bringing them in and out is the strong natural light and the savings on the Electric bill....

Awesome job @Chungo

GG
I don't know about your climate where you are but I can get frost here as early as the first week of Sept here so I can't finish the plants outside as such and so I plan on finishing under lights. One person on here is bringing them in and out of a dark shed and others I have heard cover with a tarp to keep out the light which maybe easier. To be honest I don't know if their is a easy way in this part of the world to finish plants outside. Their is some varieties of cannabis that can take a bit of frost/cold weather out their but you would have to research them and you may want to look at ACE seeds to start........Alternatively there is Autos out there that claim they can be ready by Sept with a indoor start but I have no experience with them.

Ya it's gonna be hell getting up for 6:30 everyday, considering I usually go to sleep at 4 or 5.... we'll see how that goes. He said he had a small wagon and the plan is to just roll them in & out, a few feet is enough... dunno if they'll take the abuse considering the height may also be an issue as well as the weight of the buds. It's only 2 plants however I may take a 3rd one out and just carry it in & out. (It's the runt in the room & halfway through bloom)

Waiting it out outside ain't gonna work, harvest would be the end of November = not gonna happen. The other day we popped up an ice fishing hut... it wasn't dark enough to use waaaaa. I suggested spray painting it but it ain't my fishing hut. We considered using some scaffolding and wrapping it with tarp... buddy took his scaffolding back lol. One could probably make a decent greenhouse using scaffolding. Another neighbor has his in a greenhouse on a trailer I suggested to him that he's gonna be needing a heater come fall.

Well moved this girl inside 36 hr ago to darkness and now put her into 12/12 routine this morning. She should be ready by the end of Sept. The plants I had in the grow box before suffered from Nitrogen overload and required flushing then the Thrips set in and needed being taken care of so all in all my harvest was stunted and low volume and poor Cola size. I have turned it all into cobs which are now fermenting for the next week or so.....This girl in the grow box is a experiment in growing outside for most of the veg since May and bring it in to finish in flower which if it works I will do again next year. Hoping to get some decent Colas from her as the structure of this plant is strong to all 8 Manifolded stems with multi strong off shoots and very little trimming .......

IMG_20210802_080235.jpg

IMG_20210802_080053.jpg

Get your Social Security Cards out to scrape the windsheild growmies.
Bumping for freshness.

20211213_034455.jpg

Happy New Year like minded Alberta gro cha chos!

Keep those pipes from freezing and idle the diesels forever.

Beautiful plants you got @Baron Von Blurple

Happy new year everyone!!!

Just wanna say, I randomly ran into @HashFart at work yesterday… shout out to him, super cool dude!! He gifted me some seeds, some herb, some cookies, and some hash!! Very grateful for his generosity!! Thanks again bro!!

I love this community of growers we have in Alberta!

Respect @HashFart

Hai Lips!

:ciao:

And what tides of noble offering that was!

Back
Top Bottom