420 Magazine Background

The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Cannafan

Member of the Month: Jan 2014, May 2016, Feb 2017
I decided to gather up some pictures to remind me of what I look forward to in the Spring & Summer months. Hopefully this will help squash the Winter doldrums when it arrives again.

I'll start with some Wild Flowers that just appeared here. These Lily's sparkle like crazy in the sunlight!

Cannafan

Who can identify these flowers for me? They are growing next to a large Oak tree.

Cannafan

This is a Begonia that was near dead when Winter set in last year. I put it under a cheap-o LED panel and it came back to life and flowered in the little closet I had it in. The plant behind it is Rosemary.

Cannafan

Cannafan

Now for some good ol' veggies. Here we have Zucchini and Spaghetti Squash flowers:

And what do we do with all of those Zucchini flowers?

We cook em' up! This is a fond memory of visiting my Grandmother in the summer months. She would always make sure she cooked us up a snack in the afternoon, and it was usually these:

Cannafan

It took almost 3 years of waiting, but I saw my first grapes finally.

Cannafan

These next pictures were taken in Australia, near the city of Adelaide. I don't know the names of these flowers or trees, maybe somebody from AU can help identify them.
First up are some unusual shapes that reminded of what we used to call "Push Up Pops" ice cream treats. They have vanilla ice cream on top and orange sherbet on the bottom.

Cannafan

Cannafan

A little wildlife break. We have the fawn resting after a nice lunch, and then a possible Daddy munching a tree across my pond.

Cannafan

Let's not forget the Barnyard activities. Chickens get a little nervous when I head into the barn looking for eggs. If they aren't laying eggs, then they might have another purpose. Gets them thinking.

These two guys were always sparring for attention from the ladies:

Cannafan

Cannafan

You are absolutely right! That's what they are. I'm going to cut some for my salad. Woo hoo. :)

Cannafan

My backyard Pergola is where I spend sunny days as I watch the wildlife in and about the pond.

Cannafan

Thanks guys. This thread creation this morning really gave me a nice calming effect.
I took a walk and got some more pics to add soon.
:circle-of-love:

Cannafan

I found this little guy when I was out for a calm down walk yesterday. Beautiful vibrant color pattern!

Cannafan

And here's lone Ms. Violet

How about a closer look?

Do you see the itsy bitsy spider?

Cannafan

How about this mountain view? Great scenery!

Oh, wait a minute....let's take a closer look at that

It's actually a reflection on the pond when I was taking a pic of a bluegill coming off his bed.

Top Bottom