"The best grow lights" 120w led?

The ad says it's a 120-watt LED panel that equals (replaces) 500-650 watts of HID. I'm a little skeptical of claims like that in general. Would be cool if it turned out to be true, but my gut tells me that a panel of that nature would have a hard time covering the area usually covered by a 600-watt HPS (unless you have total climate control, supplement with major amounts of CO2, and thus run your lights at a light-density of over 112 watts per square foot - in which case... I'd be a little skeptical).

But that's just my opinion - and a guess. Hopefully someone has used one in a grow and can give us a firsthand report.

ive never used an LED before, BUT i do plan on using on for my next grow ;)
so ive been doing some research on these babies and so i far i have come to conclude that the best type of LEDs for flowering are the ones with 2 or 3w diodes. me personally im going with a 3w diode chip set. so basically what im saying is in my opinion im not sure that the light your looking at is the best bang for your buck...and it kind of looks fried already...it just looks sketchy to me.

It has only 2 wavelengths, looks like an old model LED someone is dumping. Check AdvancedLED, they offer lights with 11 wavelengths lights at 180 watts, they is a replacement for a 400HPS 2X2ft core coverage.

Most people don't run a 400-watt HPS at a light-density of 100 watts per square foot (and probably none without relatively high temperatures, humidity, and ~1900-2000 ppm CO2). How would the light you mentioned perform in a space of six to eight square feet?

So it's not a viable replacement for a 400-watt HPS after all. A 250-watt, perhaps.

Thanks.

I should clarify that by my above statement I was speculating that it doesn't seem comparable to a 400-watt HPS in the traditional sense. I suppose it is possible that in terms of yield it might compare. (I don't know.)

But it would - as I see it - have to mean that the yield per square foot from the light would be 2x(?) or more greater than a 400-watt HPS. Which is always possible. It just seems like a rather high bar for a grower - and a company - to set for themselves.

Who knows? I have not had the pleasure to use an LED panel to grow with. Therefore... My opinions are, as I mentioned at the beginning of this post, speculation. Take them with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom