The Best Ice Cream in Toronto (And It's Hemp Ice Cream!)

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
One of the biggest challenges as a lover of non-animal products is to find great replacements for dairy and egg-based products. My weakness is ice cream. This summer, I went on a hunt to find as many non-dairy based frozen treats as possible.

With choices of bases ranging from rice to soy to hemp to coconut, it’s pretty hard to navigate your way around the options!

One day, I decided to head to Kensington Market and see if I could find some hemp ice creams, which came highly recommended. I was referred to Hibiscus, being told that they made their own. I had visited this place before, years ago.

Upon entering the store and finding their choices, I realized they had both a coconut and a red bean-based ice cream. I’ve never been a fan of the red bean desserts (it might be an acquired taste), so I opted for the coconut raspberry ice cream:
Not only is this THE BEST ice cream I’ve ever tasted, even better than the dairy ice creams I’ve had in my past, I’m certain that this is the best ice cream in the city!

Not only is it completely delectable, at $3 for a full cup of the cold stuff, you cannot go wrong. If you’ve tasted better in Toronto, I ask that you suggest some toppers.

Until then, the next time you visit Kensington Market during your grocery or shopping trip, make sure you head over to Hibiscus and tell them Tash sent you.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: technorati.com
Author: Natashia Jefferies
Copyright: 2010 Technorati, Inc
Website: The Best Ice Cream in Toronto (And It's Hemp Ice Cream!) - Technorati Green

Back
Top Bottom