The best lights to use to grow for a poor guy?

Abstract

hey guys i wanna start growing but i dont have 100-300 bucks for a H.P.S light what are some light i can get for cheep that will work maybe not as good as high pressure sodium but will get the job done

a guy recomended these Philips]Philips 120-Watt Incandescent Plant Light Bulb (E)* - 167155 at The Home Depot 120-Watt Incandescent Plant Light Bulb (E)* - 167155 at The Home Depot

but a thread i read said Incandescent bulbs are not reomended. any help guys?

:thanks: :adore::420:

Sorry, but incandescent bulbs are near worthless for growing. Go CFL - and use at least 100 actual watts for one plant. CFLs aren't expensive and they deliver enough light to get some decent results.

If you can't afford this minimum investment, I am sorry but you shouldn't grow.

i cant afford the hps bulbs dude im rich but i dont wana go all out my first time.

Check e-bay for construction over stock, and or used High Bay's. High-bays are warehouse lighting fixtures.. usually 400 to 1000watt metal halides.... used industrial exterior lighting is usually HPS 400 to 1000 watt. you can usually find one for under $50. they are big heavy pigs though... usually with the ballast attached and may require some change to their configuration for your application.

Check e-bay for construction over stock, and or used High Bay's. High-bays are warehouse lighting fixtures.. usually 400 to 1000watt metal halides.... used industrial exterior lighting is usually HPS 400 to 1000 watt. you can usually find one for under $50. they are big heavy pigs though... usually with the ballast attached and may require some change to their configuration for your application.

cool i will do that and a search for it

i cant afford the hps bulbs dude im rich but i dont wana go all out my first time.

I think you are mistaken, CFL's are not HPS/MH bulbs... These fit in the same sockets as incandescent, but require less electricity to run and produce more light... They are also available in different color temperatures, so you can have ones that are good for vegetative and flowering states.

T5 fluorescent lights aren't that pricey either (and the lowest for heat), but the cheapest is CFL... Unless you can find a killer deal on a ballast! Then by all means, they do produce the best from all I have read.

Back
Top Bottom