The Best Strains Of Marijuana For Pain Relief

I am hoping that someone here can help me, since you all seem so knowledgeable.

I am growing two Big Bud plants for my first grow, along with two Pineapple Express. I am hoping that the Big Bud can help me with both my debilitating back pain and my unwieldy anxiety disorder. According to Wikileaf.com, Big Bud is supposedly very good for anxiety and quite good for pain.

My back pain is truly debilitating. At the best of times, I am sometimes walking with the aid of a cane, sometimes not. But I am always feeling terrible spasms in my middle and lower back. According to my MRI that was done 3 months ago, I have a huge bubble in my back pressing on the spinal nerve (the word "huge" was used by my doctor who is never prone to exaggeration, mind you). At the worst of times, I cannot get out of bed, I cannot twist at all while lying in bed, and I cannot even hold the jar myself that my wife gets me to pee into because I cannot move. It really is that bad. I'm not exaggerating (sorry, I have a thing about people thinking I'm exaggerating about my back because I've been accused of doing so). I regularly have my wife rub oils with peppermint and tea tree oil into my back to relieve the tension and calm the spasms down.

Also, I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, a disorder that at the best of times has me crying 2 - 5 times per day because I'm so terrified. At the worst of times I have to crawl beneath the windows because I'm so afraid of anyone seeing me from outside. And I live on a farm in central Alberta. There is absolutely no one to see me for miles around. At the best of times, I often think I am hearing someone arrive in a vehicle and so I approach the window with such trepidation that I come at it from the edge of it to prevent anyone from seeing me. And of course there is never anyone there except possibly the sweet little old landlady who is 90 years old and blesses me ten times a conversation (truly, she does). My GAD is truly a terrifying experience to live with. Currently, I treat it with antipsychotics and Ativan -- medications I am hoping to reduce with the aid of cannabis.

Now here's the thing. I have no idea, once I have my harvest in, how to -- and how much to -- dose for my back and my anxiety.

Apparently, and I didn't realize this when I purchased my seeds initially, the Big Bud is both a couchlock strain as well as one that puts the user to sleep often. I don't want to sleep my life away. But it is apparently very good for anxiety and quite good for pain.

I was thinking of making RSO for most of my dosing. I have heard that using cannabis oil as an edible can last longer than smoking the flowers, and I'm hoping not to ruin my lungs with my new medication regime.

Apparently, according to Wikileaf.com, Big Bud has a strength of between 15% - 20%. I don't know if this is THC or CBD or what.

Can one of you much more knowledgeable people advise me as to how to dose this stuff? I don't know how strong this oil is. My only memories of anything like it is the oil we used to smoke when I was a teenager and I remember it getting us REALLY high.

I was thinking of putting it into capsules. Does this sound reasonable? Doable? Advisable? I can't stand the thought of eating that stuff any other way. If my memory serves me correctly, it tastes terrible!

Also, I was planning on making it with Everclear, if that makes any difference in its strength or not.

I know I'm asking a lot here from you good folks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated regarding how much to take, how to make it a reasonable strength, maybe how NOT to take it, etc. etc.

Or if you have any advice on what strains I should try to grow next time around, that would be most welcome, too. I'd prefer something with incredible pain relief that isn't going to make me paranoid, but rather help reduce my anxiety instead. It was because of a paranoid trip at 15 years old that I quit smoking weed in the first place. This return to cannabis is a big leap of faith for me at this point in my life (50 yrs old).

Thanks again.

I am hoping that someone here can help me, since you all seem so knowledgeable.

I am growing two Big Bud plants for my first grow, along with two Pineapple Express. I am hoping that the Big Bud can help me with both my debilitating back pain and my unwieldy anxiety disorder. According to Wikileaf.com, Big Bud is supposedly very good for anxiety and quite good for pain.

My back pain is truly debilitating. At the best of times, I am sometimes walking with the aid of a cane, sometimes not. But I am always feeling terrible spasms in my middle and lower back. According to my MRI that was done 3 months ago, I have a huge bubble in my back pressing on the spinal nerve (the word "huge" was used by my doctor who is never prone to exaggeration, mind you). At the worst of times, I cannot get out of bed, I cannot twist at all while lying in bed, and I cannot even hold the jar myself that my wife gets me to pee into because I cannot move. It really is that bad. I'm not exaggerating (sorry, I have a thing about people thinking I'm exaggerating about my back because I've been accused of doing so). I regularly have my wife rub oils with peppermint and tea tree oil into my back to relieve the tension and calm the spasms down.

Also, I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, a disorder that at the best of times has me crying 2 - 5 times per day because I'm so terrified. At the worst of times I have to crawl beneath the windows because I'm so afraid of anyone seeing me from outside. And I live on a farm in central Alberta. There is absolutely no one to see me for miles around. At the best of times, I often think I am hearing someone arrive in a vehicle and so I approach the window with such trepidation that I come at it from the edge of it to prevent anyone from seeing me. And of course there is never anyone there except possibly the sweet little old landlady who is 90 years old and blesses me ten times a conversation (truly, she does). My GAD is truly a terrifying experience to live with. Currently, I treat it with antipsychotics and Ativan -- medications I am hoping to reduce with the aid of cannabis.

Now here's the thing. I have no idea, once I have my harvest in, how to -- and how much to -- dose for my back and my anxiety.

Apparently, and I didn't realize this when I purchased my seeds initially, the Big Bud is both a couchlock strain as well as one that puts the user to sleep often. I don't want to sleep my life away. But it is apparently very good for anxiety and quite good for pain.

I was thinking of making RSO for most of my dosing. I have heard that using cannabis oil as an edible can last longer than smoking the flowers, and I'm hoping not to ruin my lungs with my new medication regime.

Apparently, according to Wikileaf.com, Big Bud has a strength of between 15% - 20%. I don't know if this is THC or CBD or what.

Can one of you much more knowledgeable people advise me as to how to dose this stuff? I don't know how strong this oil is. My only memories of anything like it is the oil we used to smoke when I was a teenager and I remember it getting us REALLY high.

I was thinking of putting it into capsules. Does this sound reasonable? Doable? Advisable? I can't stand the thought of eating that stuff any other way. If my memory serves me correctly, it tastes terrible!

Also, I was planning on making it with Everclear, if that makes any difference in its strength or not.

I know I'm asking a lot here from you good folks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated regarding how much to take, how to make it a reasonable strength, maybe how NOT to take it, etc. etc.

Or if you have any advice on what strains I should try to grow next time around, that would be most welcome, too. I'd prefer something with incredible pain relief that isn't going to make me paranoid, but rather help reduce my anxiety instead. It was because of a paranoid trip at 15 years old that I quit smoking weed in the first place. This return to cannabis is a big leap of faith for me at this point in my life (50 yrs old).

Thanks again.

Hello Magnus. Well, life handed you some interesting twists, didn't it?

I maintain a Study Hall thread dedicated to cannabis oils and working through protocols. I invite you to join us over there, if you so desire. It's not necessary at all. I'm certain we can deal with this here. At the Study Hall we've worked out some particulars on producing oil-filled capsules to administer the cannabinoids, and we've come up with formulations that make the medicine take effect sooner and last longer.

For anxiety I recommend you find something in a balanced ratio, an even balance of THC to CBD. If I were going to increase one of those components to counter the anxiety it would be the CBD, however, many patients respond very positively to the balanced 1:1 ratio.

The 15-20% figure is THC, and that would be a problem, if it were a sativa-dominant. I caution you, the Pineapple Express is sativa-dominant. The sativas can sometimes ramp up anxiety, so treat this strain with care until you know for sure how your body will react to it. It's important to remember that cannabis will express individually with each patient and each new batch of plant material. You can't assume with cannabis. It's all trial-and-error. Thankfully, you can't be harmed playing with cannabis.

The Big Bud will meet the sleep needs, and should hit the pain well enough. It'll help you sleep longer if you take it as an edible. That extends the window from a couple hours to as long as 8 hours. Edibles make all the difference for sound sleep. A vaporizer by the bed in case you wake during the night can be a godsend.

I'd recommend you make a strong topical with the Pineapple Express. The sativa influence concerns me from an anxiety perspective, but the high THC levels will do so much to relax the muscles of your back you won't believe it, and that application won't effect the anxiety in the slightest. Use the cream as much as you need to.

The reality is likely that one of these strains will work best during daytime and the other at night, but you're going to need to experiment with that to see. Again, I recommend you grow something in a balanced ratio. The CBD Critical Cure and CBD Critical Mass are two I've had spectacular success with.

There are some CBD autos on the market at better than a 1:1 ratio - Med G.O.M. 1.0 is a 2:1 CBD:THC. This can be invaluable for vaping to overcome breakthrough anxiety. Like having it slip off you like an old coat you dropped to the floor. :cheesygrinsmiley: The advantage of the CBD autos is the quick turnaround. They don't grow very big or yeild as much as you'd like them to, but they offer potent meds for the need. It's amazing the effect they can have on anxiety.

I'm in the middle of taking a course on using cannabis to treat chronic back pain. I'll be putting that information together in its own thread soon. In the meantime, if you'd like to look over my raw notes, in hopes of grabbing some inspiration, you can find them here:

SweetSue's Class Notes

They're in raw form at this point, just waiting for me to finish it up, but you may find something of worth there. If you have any questions on the information feel free to leave it here and I'll stop back and answer you. The class notes thread isn't really for conversation, just a dumping point.

There's much to be hopeful for Magnus. Healing is what you were evolved to do. Cannabis can help you find relief and support your endocannabinoid system as it works to re-establish and maintain homeostasis.

Are you taking opiods? Be aware that cannabis will potentiate the opiods, both by increasing potency and by extending the therapeutic window. Take no opiod without a dose of THC, as little as one vape or hit, and be prepared to reduce the opiod dose almost immediately.

Cannabis is your way off opiods. It's a methodical process, but a very possible one.

I've controlled my daughter's Severe Anxiety Disorder with a daily regimine of four capsules of infused oil made with a balanced ratio strain and the Med GOM 1.0 for breakthrough anxiety. You can get the same effect with CCO (RSO), but it's possible to get effective results without going through the trouble to make the concentrated oil, saving you time, resources (I'm sure you've noticed the cost of Everclear) and the concerns of ethanol fumes during production. I enjoy making CCO as much as the next person. Winter kinda put a crimp in my game. I have no vent fan in my kitchen. I find it much easier to make an infused oil and work with that.

Either way, the crew at the Study Hall has compiled any number of different recipies for infused oils, depending on what we need them for. We love to experiment, so that list keeps expanding. :cheesygrinsmiley:

When you get to making oil, you can find us in the study hall or work with the making CCO thread. Either place will bring members to assist you.

I think I answered all of your questions. If not, ask, ask, ask. Our mission here is to reduce your frustration levels and offer assistance. Let us work on your behalf. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Last, but not least, I do a system of exercises called Callanetics. I have a thread dedicated to them in off topics. Callanetics is no-impact, very precise, controlled movements that can have life-changing effects on your musculoskeletal system. The pulses of this system gently coax the muscles to hug the bones in the way they were intended to, strengthening the core without any chance of damage. They may offer you the relief from your back pain unavailable from any other source.

They were developed by a lovely woman with degenerative back pain, who was unwilling to accept that reality, and so she changed it and revolutionized fitness forever. I'm something of an authority in the system, and I'd like you to feel free to call on me if they interest you. They work for anyone, regardless of physical condition when starting.

Hi Sweet Sue,

Well, first of all, thank you so much for such an indepth answer. I didn't really expect to receive so much help I feel like I've been looking for help for so long with my issues and help has been so hard to find. Thank you. I appreciate it so very much.

I read your message all through and then re-read the beginning and decided to look for the Study Hall. After searching for about 10 minutes through the different rooms, I finally decided to check the links at the bottom of your message and, lo and behold, imagine what I found! I'll be checking it out as soon as I'm done thanking you and writing this text.

I do have some questions. Forgive me for being such a newbie to cannabis and weed and getting high and all. But it's been a looooong time for me.

First of all, what does it mean to have a 1:1 ratio? Does that mean that if my THC % is 15% that my CBD would also be 15%? I really don't understand. If you could quickly explain this, I would be very thankful. I know this is basic cannabis 101 stuff, but I'm still in kannabis kindergarten, or cannabis cindergarten as it were!

In fact, I WAS thinking of making a topical with one -- or both mixed -- of my strains. I'm an old hand at soapmaking and lotion making (real lotions, not the stuff that is simply an oil combined with some beeswax to thicken it). I was quite looking forward to developing my own lotion recipe for a topical lotion. Again, I'm not quite sure how much tincture to use (I had planned on making tincture with my harvest, too -- I was planning on a lot! Being on gov't disability gives me lots of time to grow and cook and make lotions with tinctures...) Hey, maybe I could actually have something to add to your Study Hall if I developed a lotion recipe that others could use for their own needs. That would be cool.

In fact, I have used cannabis on the odd occasion during the past 6 years or so. My wife once suggested I use it for pain control during one of the really bad periods. I agreed and so her son picked some up for me. Not every sativa hits me with anxiety, but some definitely do (I've had access to about 8 - 10 different 1/4 ounces during this time), so I fully understand when you say that some will hit me badly. Some definitely do. I decided to purchase the Pineapple Express to deal with my Bipolar Depression (yes, Bipolar Disorder too, which I neglected to write about above because I didn't want to seem like I was saying I had everything... When you have multiple disorders sometimes people begin to tune out and turn off what you say because, like, who could have so many things wrong with their bodies, right?). My depression is terrible sometimes, sometimes I'm able to deal with it manageably. The sativas seem to be the best thing for depression as far as I have been able to discern. Hence the decision to purchase the Pineapple Express seeds. Besides, I thought they would help my wife, who deals with absolutely debilitating depression and wanted me to make her a tincture that would help her motivation. So whereas the Big Buds were mostly supposed to be for myself, the Pineapple Express were mostly to be for her. I'm the only one who will have the medical marijuana license, though.

As for the topical, should I decarboxylate the cannabis before I make the tincture? Or should I leave the carboxyls intact?Will leaving the carboxyls intact help or not with an anxiety attack from the cream? These are the kinds of questions I have that I really need answers to, and most everyone is much more concerned with pH balancing their nutes and looking for signs of light burn here. Not that I have a problem with grow journals; far from it. I'm doing one myself right now and just had a problem with light burn...

I will definitely look to try to find the two Criticals. I'm not sure where I can find those seeds. I recently came across a seed dealer in Canada here that might carry them. They seem to carry quite a few strains. They're called "Dr. Seeds." I had to get my Big Buds from Amsterdam, actually, so I'd like to find something closer to home (Canada IS home. Alberta, actually.).

I was actually thinking that one of my strains would be good for night and one for day. Glad you picked up on that. The Pineapple Express isn't supposed to be too bad on pain, supposedly. Not sure if it's that great. But I will look into the Criticals, for sure.

How do I tell what their ratio is? It isn't something I remember being remarked upon when I was researching seed companies. I don't remember my Amsterdam company mentioning it at all, actually. Should I go to Leafly.com or something to try to find this info? Come to think of it, I don't think they mentioned anything about the ratio regarding the Big Bud on Leafly (which is where I first learned about that particular strain).

I'm interested in trying the autos. I've never really considered them, actually. But I just had a 5x5x6.5 tent come in last night, so I'll have quite a bit of room for a 4x4 SOG or something. I haven't received my cannabis prescription yet. That'll come on the 25th of Jan when I see the new doctor who prescribes cannabis at the pain clinic that I am a client of. I expect to receive a prescription of about 4 - 6 grams per day of cannabis, which would allow me to grow between 20 - 30 plants at a time legally in Canada (5 plants per gram prescribed). A prescription like that would allow for me to have a nice little SOG while also having a nice nest of clones on the way. I'm sure this would work out with autos very well, from a yield perspective.

Gawd, how I'd love to have instant relief from my anxiety. I would live for that. Slipping off an old coat... Imagine the relief. As I sit here right now filled with anxiety, waiting for my Ativan to take effect, I cannot imagine anything nicer than just going to my office and taking a toke.

BTW -- what is Med G.O.M.?

I WILL look over your notes. Thanks so much for the link. And I won't bother you with questions about them. I will respect that they are in raw format.

Are you a doctor or nurse yourself? You say you're taking a class on back pain. Who in their right mind takes classes on this stuff unless you're already working in the medical industry? hahaha.

Yes, I am on opoids. I am on a 200 mcg/hr Fentanyl patch (please everyone, i don't need the lectures; it has saved me endless hours of incredible back pain over the past 6 years). And I am on T4s for breakout pain when it happens, which it happens a lot more during the winter and when I'm stressing my back for whatever reasons. These past 3 weeks have been harrowing and I am just biding my time, waiting, looking towards getting my prescription so that I can grow my cannabis legally (rather than my current, first, illegal grow) and get my first package of cannabis from the dispensary. Actually, I don't think my wife and I can afford the cannabis from the dispensary. They say that it is available to all prescribed Canadian patients. My ass. It's available only to those who can afford it. And setting up our first grow has taken heaps of cash, too. If it hadn't been for a windfall of about $800 CAD late in December from a few different sources, we'd have never been able to afford to start our first grow, either. Don't get me on that soapbox. I'm not pleased with the economic structure in Canada. Yeah, I know it is better than living in the States, but seriously -- access for all? F*C% that. I'm so angry I could cry right now. But that's probably just the anxiety, surging up through my pores.

I am getting off the opoids soon, very soon. That is why I am about to see this new dr. When my current doctor told me he was taking away my Fentanyl and the T4s, I countered him with a demand to be referred to the newish Cannabis clinic here in Edmonton. He came back with telling me that they had a doctor at the pain clinic who dealt with cannabis patients, something he had neglected to tell me before that. So going to this new doctor will be the first step in getting off the opoids. The new doctor will be weaning me off the Fentanyl and the T4s, too.

What is CCO and what does it stand for? I only know about the RSO stuff. Reading further, I guess I can just go to the Study Hall and learn for myself. Sorry to be wasting your time.

And with that, there's finally an end to my endless questioning. I want to thank you. No, I must thank you. You are so kind to have written me such a long and clear answer to all my questions. I was feeling very lost and alone when I posted that earlier today. I still feel lost, but not so alone. Thank you, from the bottom...

I am also quite interested in learning more about your exercise regime. I'm about to start yet another round of physiotherapy next week, so I must put your exercises off for the moment. It's not good to mix up exercise regimes at the same time, I would think. I know I'll have exercise homework for my physio, but if you think that your exercises could fit in and augment/supplement/support the exercises I'll be doing in physio, then by all means, let's talk. Maybe it would make sense to work on them together. At least then I'll just have to work out on all of them at the same time. I once had a friend who used to extol the virtues of the Alexander Technique, but I know nothing about it. I almost wish that I had learned along with him, just so that I'd have SOMEthing to ease my everpresent back pain that I live with. And right now, tonight, it's really bad. Probably because my anxiety is so high. Or more probably because I had my back shots yesterday and the freezing has worn off and the muscles are antagonized tonight. The dr said that would happen, as it always does, but for some reason tonight it's worse than usual.

Anyway, I"m drivelling (I know that drivel has no verb attached to it, but what the heck, eh?).

So I hope you're having a great night. I'm heading over to the Study Hall now.

Be well.

The best strains for pain relief..

We discovered one today... its called "Blaze" and you can find it on leafly. GW says its a 10/10 for pain.

Its also a strong intense effect, both body stone and head high... I love it.

Any chance, Danolo, that you'd know where to pick up the seeds? And what, btw, is GW?

Sounds like one that would work for me, apparently, according to needing it to be at least 1:1 or 2:1. 10:10! But I don't even know what that means, yet...

Hello SweetSue! I've been diligently reading page after page of your Study Hall. I"m afriad that it quickly got over my head. I read faithfully up to page 8, and then just gave up. For so many pages already it seemed to be opaque language for me. I just don't have the science/medical background to understand this stuff. Would it be okay if I just ask you some questions and get some answers? I'm afraid the Study Hall might be too much for me. If there's ever anything I write that you feel might be a good contribution to the Study Hall, just tell me and I'll be happy to go over there and write it up for your audience. But for now? I'm just so overwhelmed... If ever you think that my perspective on pain and anxiety might be a good contribution for them, then I'll be happy to contribute. But until then, I think I'll have to sign off on the study hall and participate where the language is somethign I can understand and contribute to.

One thing I did learn was what a CCO was, and though I understand that it requires a carrier oil and can therefore assume that it is a liquid that contains cannabinoids in it via some form of extraction method, I still don't know how to make it, how to extract the cannabinoids for it in particular, and how to mix it with its particular carrier oil. I've got tons of oils I can use as carrier oils for a CCO, since I've just recently put my old soapmaking business to rest (Gawd Bless 'Er she was a good ol' gal sniff sniff). Coconut Oil (without any scent or flavour), Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, etc etc etc. (my wife-bot's computer, which I'm currently using, has a nasty habit of repeating letters that you've typed only once. Just had to say that... And yes, she likes it when I call her my wife-bot. No disrespect intended, just a fun endearment)

I was wondering, could anyone advise me as to whether or not Everclear would be the best alcohol to make a tincture with? I don't drink myself, and neither does my wife, but she wants me to make her a tincture, and I was thinking of making one for myself too. Just trying different ways of dosing to see what works. She wants something to add to drinks and such, like tea and coffee. I just want something to put under my tongue for sublingual transmission. After watching that first video on (jeez, what do I even call it?) ways in which drugs enter the bloodstream and get cleaned out by the liver, I'm trying to find ways of dosing that are not necessarily edibles. Though I do believe that edibles have their place and time (especially when going to bed a nice cookie or brownie or piece of cheesecake might cure other ailments beside those we are dosing for, eh?), I am trying to bypass that liver of mine. Yes, my liver is in fine working order. Therein lies the problem. I don't want my liver to clean out my blood so efficiently as to dismantle almost all the drug I'm putting into it. Hence the tinccture and my desire for it. I'm trying to convince my wife to try using the tincture sublingually, but she's having nothing to do with that idea. Flavour means a lot to her, and anything that tastes bad doesn't get a second chance. I can just imagine how a dropperful of cannabinoids combined with reduced billion-proof alcohol sounds to her tongue, palate and general mouth receptors! Maybe there's even a way to make a tincture that doesn't include alcohol, but I believe that by its very nature a tincture is made with alcohol, right?

I know there's a spot on this site wherein one can find recipes, but most of those recipes are for edibles such as cookies, brownies, smoothies, etc. Does anyone know of a site where you can find recipes for tinctures, CCOs and which carrier oils to use for which diseases, etc? I haven't found one in my online searches, but they haven't really been the best searches, either.

On a very positive note, my back was feeling much less pain today than last night. Still it is very, very uncomfortable, but I don't feel the need to cry tonight with the pain like last night. I had had my shots 2 days ago, and the few days after my shots are always very difficult. The injection sites are bruised and purple, they hurt to have my wife-bot touch them, even with her loving fingers spreading on the oil I make for my back and her arthritis. But it was still much better than last night. Last night I could hardly stand it. Of course, it was nowhere near as painful as it has been on other occasions. But that knowledge doesn't seem to diminish the pain that I feel in the moment.

And because the pain was lessened, I was able to get some work done today. I don't know if I mentioned last night that I'm working with my editor on my novel, Finding Max, that they have generously agreed to publish (publish date = 14 Nov 17, just before Black Friday and the Christmas rush - woohoo! hopefully the sales will skyrocket, but that's doubtful. First published novels rarely, and I mean very rarely, do well in sales. But since this is a thriller, and a damned good one at that, with some good twists and turns and some very delicate subject matter, I think there is hope yet. Of course, there is always hope. There isn't, however, always sales to bind together with that hope...) Anyway, this week I'm supposed to be writing some backstory on one of my characters, Gus, who was originally intended to be a very minor character, but who took on a life of his own through his actions in the novel and became a bigger character than I had intended. Because he was slated to be a minor character, I didn't write any backstory for him when I introduced him into the narrative. But because he took on this greater presence in the narrative, I had to write some in for him. That is what I was supposed to be doing this week. Well, weeks I have my shots are usually weeks I shouldn't plan anything else to do. The drive to Edmonton is over 2 hours each way, and after getting my shots the most I can accomplish is sleeping, the whole way back as my wife-bot drives and the whole evening long afterwards. Then comes the pain the next day and evening, and the day and evening after that. But today I was able to write Gus's backstory. I don't know how good it is, but I always think that after I write something, that it's never any good (high expectations of myself, no?). But I think it will work. It is quite a tragic story, but it explains his approach to women later in life, and his approach to life in general. It also explains, in a subtle way, his need to break free from his current life that he's built for himself and get away, as far away as possible, and experience the sublime.

So that was my day. A lot more pain, but considerably less than yesterday. And the ability to finally write Gus's backstory. A good day, overall. I just wish I had something to kill the pain tonight besides T4s.

Can someone tell me whether they've noticed a subtle divide between those who use cannabis recreationally and those who use it medicinally on this site? I'm beginning to notice very subtle things said that make me wonder if this divide exists. I can see how it would happen, but I would find it sad. We all come to the herb in different ways and for different means. Though I am coming with the intention of healing my body as much as I can, I do enjoy the feeling of smoking a good joint or getting off a couple of good bong hits.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. I'm goign to head over to my grow journal and see what's happening. I've been able to find one member in particular who has been a real gawdsend for my grow, and I'd like to see if he's checked in yet tonight. And AngryBird checks in every once in a while. It's always a pleasure to see her come by and alight on a branch for a few minutes before she flits off to another adventure. If any of you are interested, plese come by and say HI. I'm growing two Big Bud seeds, one of which received some light damage and is having a hard time of it now, and two Pineapple Express seeds, who after a rocky start are taking off like weeds. Pun intended. I had low temperatures in my closet in the beginning, retarding their growth significantly, but since installing a space heater in there they've really taken off. Come by and say HI. We're on day 18 or so I think.

Hello Magnus. Wow! That's a lot of words, but so enthralling! As a writer myself I find the styles of other writers fascinating. I'm thrilled you had the inspiration to do Gus's backstory. Writing takes you away from the pain in its own way, does it not?

The study hall is for brainstorming and working out protocols. There's an overwhelming amount of day at tossed out there for us to dig through. The best way for someone intimidated by the information to approach it is to browse at your leisure, but to come to the current day for questions. We're there to answer the questions you can't find answers to or to simply help you make sense out of something you need to understand. We're learning a great deal about the endocannabinoid system and how cannabinoids work to heal.

CCO is Concentrated Cannabis Oil, otherwise known as Rick Simpson Oil. In answer to your other question, Everclear is quite acceptable to use as a tincture. Ethanol solvents will give you the best cannabinoid pull with a tincture, and they mix well with drinks. They burn like the dickins under the tongue. For that I'd recommend using vegetable glycerin, a process that takes months if done cold, but is tasty as it can be.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of tinctures. Each delivery system gives you a different type of high, and I'm partial to edibles. I've learned to potentiate the baked goods to get twice the effect I'd get any other way. Pretty spoiled.

As to carrier oils: we typically use coconut oil if you're using recreationally or if you're treating liver cancer. Otherwise, you want to choose a long-chained fatty acid like olive or almond or grape seed. Most of us use olive, for the additional nutritional and medicinal benefits.

For particular disease treatment I'd advise you stop in the study hall and ask.

I'll try to swing by your grow now and again. I stay pretty busy, so please don't take offense if I don't show very often.

Good luck with the novel. :high-five: I'm working on a series of books on the ECS myself. It'll keep me busy for a few years.

I'm sorry. I tend to write as though a cadre of bushmen are chasing me brandishing torches, machetes and firecrackers. I don't even realize how much I've written until I post the stupid thing. Then I feel foolish.

After writing the above, I DID go back and check out the Study Hall again. I had been reading the first couple of pages, when things were very technical and everyone seemed to have a great deal of background knowledge underpinning their thoughts. Background knowledge that I, regretfully, do not possess.

But my perusal of the Study Hall tonight has been a joy to experience. So many people asking questions, attaining knowledge and getting answers. Wow! My kinda place.

And so I posted. And you can imagine what happened. E-gads! What a long posting. I'm so stupid sometimes... Why don't I think of the time restraints that others have?

But in my posting, I explained rather succinctly the 3 major issues I am going to try to medicate with cannabis: pain-depression-anxiety. A rather tricky triumvate of issues that my doctors have been fighting to control for, oh, say 30 years or more. But I wanted to explain it fully so that everyone has a reference for advising me and gathering their thoughts. I know that the sativa/indica balance is going to be hard for me to manage. The anxiety and pain require a mostly indica composition, while the depression requires a more sativa kind of approach. I've been thinking that one way to balance it all would be to mix the two sorts together, when I make my oil, when I make my ejuice, when I smoke. I can simply grind up two different strains in the same batch to approach how I'm going to balance things out. I've got a good scale and am an old hand at weighing elements together (an old soapmaker's trick, eh?).

I am really excited about developing a recipe for a true lotion, one using the ingredients that lotioncrafters use in their products. These ingredients may not be what everyone normally keeps in their storecupboard, but they are easily available from any soapmaking/lotioncrafting supplier. I have lots of the stuff lying around from when I was making lotions. I would say that I still do make lotions, except I've got so many bottles in storage that I have no need to make any new ones now.

(Okay, keep it short, Magnus, keep it short!!!)

So I'm signing off. Hope you're all either sleeping on this side of the Atlantic, or having a great morning on the other side. I guess I'm relentlessly steeped in European/New World ethnocentricities.

Be well, my friends.

High All,
First time on Sue's pain thread here.
I've read most of it & have a few opinions.

Blue Cheese is my go to strain to relieve pain. It's just me & my system, but this strain rules.

Well, rules. Here are a few that are in-general & might help out.
Indicas "usually" are better painkillers. Everyone has an opinion about it, but in general most dispensaries will tell ya that indicas are preferred.

Indicas cause the munchies though, so get a Indica dominant hybrid & have healthy food on hand. Lol.

It comes off here that CBD is really misunderstood from what I've read. It's always good to read about it from several good sources. I've read some that was just honestly incorrect that I hope the info is pretty clear soon for your decisions.

Also, if I were a quick brown fox, I'd mix the flowers/buds of several strains you've grown/obtained that have the effects you need, then make the oil. As opposed to mixing oil.
Be careful where you get your CBD strains from. CBD from cannabis (MJ) is in its infancy still no matter what the breeder tells ya. Stay away from hemp oil & any CBD product obtained from hemp too.
The only exception in my opinion is hemp derived from Kentucky. There a reason, trust me.
Lots of dispensaries & clinics beginning to use the Kentucky hemp, not MJ.

There's a whole lot of massed produced & mom/pop pain product applications now. Transdermal patches, sprays, lotions, salves... My dispensary sold dozens of different brands.
All of the above can be made in your home for arthritis, neuropathic pain, chemo damage, sprains, burns...

This might all been covered by someone, but I'm bored tonight anyhow.

Good thread Sue! Important one too.

High All,
First time on Sue's pain thread here.
I've read most of it & have a few opinions.

Blue Cheese is my go to strain to relieve pain. It's just me & my system, but this strain rules.

Well, rules. Here are a few that are in-general & might help out.
Indicas "usually" are better painkillers. Everyone has an opinion about it, but in general most dispensaries will tell ya that indicas are preferred.

Indicas cause the munchies though, so get a Indica dominant hybrid & have healthy food on hand. Lol.

It comes off here that CBD is really misunderstood from what I've read. It's always good to read about it from several good sources. I've read some that was just honestly incorrect that I hope the info is pretty clear soon for your decisions.

Also, if I were a quick brown fox, I'd mix the flowers/buds of several strains you've grown/obtained that have the effects you need, then make the oil. As opposed to mixing oil.
Be careful where you get your CBD strains from. CBD from cannabis (MJ) is in its infancy still no matter what the breeder tells ya. Stay away from hemp oil & any CBD product obtained from hemp too.
The only exception in my opinion is hemp derived from Kentucky. There a reason, trust me.
Lots of dispensaries & clinics beginning to use the Kentucky hemp, not MJ.

There's a whole lot of massed produced & mom/pop pain product applications now. Transdermal patches, sprays, lotions, salves... My dispensary sold dozens of different brands.
All of the above can be made in your home for arthritis, neuropathic pain, chemo damage, sprains, burns...

This might all been covered by someone, but I'm bored tonight anyhow.

Good thread Sue! Important one too.

Thank you for the input Cajun. You have the experience mon ami. CBD is actually my next point of focus in my planned studies. If you can suggest any sources you believe might be a good direction to look, you know my ears are always open.

Kentucky hemp, huh? Interesting. What on earth would make Kentucky such an excellent place to grow hemp? Or might it be the type of hemp? Now you have me curious. :laughtwo:

Also interesting that you suggest mixing the plant material and then make the oil. I can see why that would be more beneficial, but it might not have even occurred to me had you not mentioned it. How would you determine ratios, though? This is the part that still confuses me. Some things just have to be experienced.

Sue... I have no idea where to get seeds of Blaze. You probably have better resources than I.

GW = good wife.<<<< an old forum acronym

:thumb:

Are you looking for a strain called Blaze, Danolo? I'm not sure I understand the question.

Thank you for the input Cajun. You have the experience mon ami. CBD is actually my next point of focus in my planned studies. If you can suggest any sources you believe might be a good direction to look, you know my ears are always open.

Kentucky hemp, huh? Interesting. What on earth would make Kentucky such an excellent place to grow hemp? Or might it be the type of hemp? Now you have me curious. :laughtwo:

Also interesting that you suggest mixing the plant material and then make the oil. I can see why that would be more beneficial, but it might not have even occurred to me had you not mentioned it. How would you determine ratios, though? This is the part that still confuses me. Some things just have to be experienced.

It must have something to do with the strains of hemp that they are growing. I am no expert on hemp, but it stands to reason different strains of hemp would be as varied as different strains of cannabis. :circle-of-love::peace:

I am curious too about the oils sold by licenced producers here in Canada for medicinal purposes as to what they grow for the oils, Hemp or MJ.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Nah... my mistake... it was magnus that asked me for a source for Blaze..

Anyhow, we are out of Blaze and now using Blue Dream... its a favourite.

I realized that after I left this. :laughtwo: I'm getting Blue Dream. You two were the last straw.

A further update on Blaze.

This strain is our top favourite now. It vaporises smooth, tastes good and provides almost instant pain relief. My wife loves it... today she was able to clench her fists, tight... something she hasn't been able to do for a long time.

She continues taking the 7/27 oil, but she felt the need yesterday to take a break. She took a Naproxin, for the pain, and didn't take the 7/27. She said she wanted to "get straight" for bit. So, she skipped the morning dose, we consumed a bit of Blaze in the vaporiser, and she didn't take more 7/27 until bed time.

I don't think such a short interval without the CBD input from the 7/27 oil will impede her healing.

What do you think?

In any event, Blaze is top of our list.

Has anyone found a seed source?

A further update on Blaze.

This strain is our top favourite now. It vaporises smooth, tastes good and provides almost instant pain relief. My wife loves it... today she was able to clench her fists, tight... something she hasn't been able to do for a long time.

She continues taking the 7/27 oil, but she felt the need yesterday to take a break. She took a Naproxin, for the pain, and didn't take the 7/27. She said she wanted to "get straight" for bit. So, she skipped the morning dose, we consumed a bit of Blaze in the vaporiser, and she didn't take more 7/27 until bed time.

I don't think such a short interval without the CBD input from the 7/27 oil will impede her healing.

What do you think?

In any event, Blaze is top of our list.

Has anyone found a seed source?

Seedsman had a page on it.

Blaze

Skipping a dose of CBD now and again won't hurt anything. Skipping a THC dose won't either, but you'll feel it more. Keep in mind that as she goes along you should anticipate that the ECS will begin to pick up more of the load, which will mean she won't be on a high dose forever. Also, we should be able to help her find a therapeutic dose that she feels normal with.

Back
Top Bottom