The best way to cut intake hole in tent?

The123321

I have a tent in the closet and the door of the tent is the only side that is easy to get to for an intake and I am getting tired of zipping the 6" intake duct in the door and trying to cover the hole so I am thinking about cutting a 6" hole in the front of the tent so I do not have to keep doing it. Has anyone cut holes in their tent or have tips for it?

I am thinking about getting a plastic flange and put that inside the tent in the hole and use gorilla tape to try to seal it and put the duct to that on there. Do you think that is the best way to do it or do you have any ideas for it?

Thanks. I think I can make the needle and thread work. I really like the idea of doing a sleeve to put the duct in on it.

Our tent has a sleeve, two actually with draw strings to pull it tight. Two draw strings per opening. I made a tube with hardware cloth to stop any small critters.

well you can use 2 rectangles of fabric that keep out light, if you can get mylar canvas cheap wow, try get some string and the things some jackets have to hold the string of a hood after sucking the string tight.

my tent has doors on all 4 sides can you turn your tent in the closet to get a hole showing??

Perhaps ft long 100mm plastic pipe cut 100mm hole in tent slide in pipe...two square bits of ply with 100mm hole in slide on from both sides of tent and screw together clamping it to tent

I would get rid of the tent uve got it's not fit for purpose and then make one that is out of old nuns knickers.:party::yahoo:

Got to find the nuns’ garbage first. Or maybe they have nunnified sales every year. Black with foil linings? Tough to find. Have to visit many convents. After hours. Who knows, maybe they grow. :thumb:

Two of these cut cardboard to make two gaskets bolt together and done.

HG POWER 6 Inch Duct Connector Flange

1664580283615.png

Back
Top Bottom