The Blue Experience - Kharma Reborn

Calcium deficiencies run high with LEDs. Some growers think that light manufactures should send out cal mag with their lights.

Are you serious? I did not know that. So I guess I need to start supplementing Cal/Mag as soon as I flip to flower.

I'm saying with that light they need it from seedling on. Not joking. Unless you have other amendments in your soil to make up for it.

Oh ok so I need to start using it permanently. Thanks Derby. Now that I look back I have always had these cal mag deficiencies on every grow during flower. I have also added crushed eggshells to my soil recipe for my next grow so hopefully this won't happen again.

Oh ok so I need to start using it permanently. Thanks Derby. Now that I look back I have always had these cal mag deficiencies on every grow during flower. I have also added crushed eggshells to my soil recipe for my next grow so hopefully this won't happen again.
The crushed egg shells might get ya thru the seedling stage but once the heavy veg hits with that light all bets are off.

Crushed egg shells take forever to break down into calcium the plants can uptake. Don't bank on that being your source unless you're hot composting for a year. Even grinding them doesn't speed the process much. If you insist on making your own calcium supplement from eggshells you'll need to grind them and soak them in vinegar for a few weeks. Not worth it (I tried it). Cal/mag is a hell of a lot easier and much more precise.

Crushed egg shells take forever to break down into calcium the plants can uptake. Don't bank on that being your source unless you're hot composting for a year. Even grinding them doesn't speed the process much. If you insist on making your own calcium supplement from eggshells you'll need to grind them and soak them in vinegar for a few weeks. Not worth it (I tried it). Cal/mag is a hell of a lot easier and much more precise.

Ok cool. Just saved me a bunch of hassle with the egg shells lol. Cal/Mag it is.

week 5.2 flower
hope and change

One gallon of purified water with 5 mls of Cal/Mag was added yesterday. This morning a foliage spray of 1 ml per liter of Cal/Mag was administered right at lights on, with the fans off until the leaves dried as per instructions for emergency Cal/Mag supplementation. I read that this can be applied no more than once a week. Hopefully this will be my only time. I may be seeing things but it seems that the foliar spray has made a difference in the coloring of the leaves at least. They look a little more green now. Also, the buds have surely started bulking up again and there are even new pistils growing. I will continue with 3 mls of Cal/Mag at every watering from now on.

I think we all have been there. In and out the grow room ten times a day checking on progress and if any thing are going the wrong way. But just like @Pennywise said. What they need and want most is time. Changes from this tweak you have done today will take at least 24h to fully have affect on her. Just like the process at work, purifying water is a slow process and when changing variabels in that it can take up to a hole day to see the full effect of that too. While some think the changes take full effect as soon as you press enter. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom