Chopped and trimmed :snowboating:

Attachments

• 3F4024B4-01D7-4639-84B8-4840C277AF45.jpeg
    3F4024B4-01D7-4639-84B8-4840C277AF45.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 70
  • B1EC3F68-4249-4BFE-9C45-125FBEB3DA76.jpeg
    B1EC3F68-4249-4BFE-9C45-125FBEB3DA76.jpeg
    630.7 KB · Views: 68
Well it’s been a week sense I chopped them down and the smaller buds still aren’t ‘snapping’ off the stem. I did trim one branch s few days earlier than the rest so I have that one now in a mason jar with a mini hydrometer, the Rh shot up to 85% so I left the top open for a day now I’m at around 65-75 burping twice a day. Things are smelling great but my question is am I waiting for the stems to be able to snap too on the larger buds with thicker stems as well or what? Is 7 days enough for me to trim them off and jar them without having to worry about mold?

So I should be good on drying? Just burp more frequently until the RH starts to lower?

Also a little shot of some butter I’m currently making from the trim. Almost done!:drool:
Yup.... I normally burp the last 5%-8% off in the jar.

What kind of RH do you have when you close it up in the jar for a couple hours?

Your buds will start "sharing" their moisture as you leave them in the jars for a bit.

They will all even out with time.

:thumb:
So I should be good on drying? Just burp more frequently until the RH starts to lower?
Yup.... I normally burp the last 5%-8% off in the jar.

What kind of RH do you have when you close it up in the jar for a couple hours?
It’s still pretty high like 80% so I’ve just been leaving the lid off. It’s stays around 68% like that... and those buds were picked like five days before the rest

It’s still pretty high like 80% so I’ve just been leaving the lid off. It’s stays around 68% like that... and those buds were picked like five days before the rest
You're gonna want to get down in the low 70's, at least, before closing them up.

Give em time... they will thank ya later.

Not just the risk of molding, but buds that get jarred too early can have a funky taste left behind..... and can be harsh too.

You're gonna want to get down in the low 70's, at least, before closing them up.

Give em time... they will thank ya later.

Not just the risk of molding, but buds that get jarred too early can have a funky taste left behind..... and can be harsh too.
Thank ya buddy, think I’ll let the rest hang a little bit longer than. I do notice a much stronger dank smell from the buds still hanging compared to the filled jar. My tent has been at a steady 50% Rh at 71 degrees. That’s good for the drying process correct?

Thank ya buddy, think I’ll let the rest hang a little bit longer than. I do notice a much stronger dank smell from the buds still hanging compared to the filled jar. My tent has been at a steady 50% Rh at 71 degrees. That’s good for the drying process correct?
That'll do just fine.
:thumb:

One week after sprout on my newest grow. Got another blueberry auto going(from Ministry of Cannabis) along with a LSD auto and a aK-47 auto. (Those come-from MSNL) My last grow which was my first I grew the blueberry and a northern light. I got 3 oz dry off my blueberry which I topped an around 2 oz off the NL that I didn’t top. So I think I’m going to top all 3 of these within the next week. Man it’s great smoking on some fine bud you grew yourself....! Couldn’t have done it without the :420: crew. Y’all some fine folks I must say:passitleft::morenutes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    959 KB · Views: 47
Howdy y'all! :ciao:
Seems like I'm not the only one who has enjoyed the recent group/comparative grows.
:high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five:
I couldn't believe the overwhelming response to the idea of running a comparative grow journal, as a group. Growing all things Blueberry. :drool:

So, it looks like most members are able to free up some space between 2-6 weeks from now. I think that will give everyone time to figure out the logistics. I'll be dropping mine in about a month.

I personally believe these group grows are an amazing tool for new growers and seasoned veterans. I actually hope to see some brand new growers join.
:welcome:
Growing the same or similar strains side by side with all levels of growers really shows the fine details that generally go unnoticed. It personally helped me dial in my set-up.

Enough rambling...

We finna grow some Blueberry folks. However you grow.... let it grow. Feel free to hit me up via pm if you have issues getting a bean in time, or want to try matching up beans to compare the same breeder. We'll figure it out... I would just love to see a huge group participate.

Hope y'all are ready!
@Pennywise @Bilbobudkin420 @MaddHacker @Master Of None @MiOutdoorsman @Kitchenhawk @Smeegol @Kingjoe83 @ddGreenThumb @MrLoveGrow @nobodyhere @BigBearNTexas @Lady G2HM @newty

....and anyone else interested.... I have a terrible memory, so I know I forgot a bunch.... Come one, come all. Let's blow the roof off this mofo!
:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Looking forward to it!

-P:ganjamon:
Oh my! I have just discovered this thread and it just what I have been looking for. I am growing bag seed from hehehe "indoor" blueberry for the first time and I am going to learn tons from you folk on this thread. I have put two seeds into coco pots outdoors at Lions Head, in Cape Town. This is an appy grow. Next Blueberry I plant will be the real deal.

Looking great! That SP250 is gonna pump out some nice hard buds!
:cheer:
This is my first 100% grow with it, loved how it did for me during budding of my last grow. Just need to find some time to rewire the ballasts outside the tent so I’m not constantly at 85 degrees during the day. Other than that not micromanaging this one like my first one and still seeming to get great results. :passitleft: my only question is when i LST I start to get some purple stems. Every time so I don’t know if I need cal mag or is it from the stress?

Some shots this morning. Ak47 is smelling like something serious already :Rasta:..... also I topped all three but seems like I might’ve been to late on the LSD and the Ak47. I believe I got some back budding(I think that’s what it’s called lol) going on... woooops... live, learn and grow right?:hookah:

Attachments

• 6F76605D-6B32-40C2-A099-5CCF52EE4571.jpeg
    6F76605D-6B32-40C2-A099-5CCF52EE4571.jpeg
    964.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 2A860B08-1821-4584-8D2A-DEA6B389BB06.jpeg
    2A860B08-1821-4584-8D2A-DEA6B389BB06.jpeg
    936 KB · Views: 50
  • 4018BC94-3CFD-4BC8-AD99-6F2110ECACD3.jpeg
    4018BC94-3CFD-4BC8-AD99-6F2110ECACD3.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 7B454768-3C7B-4D34-BDCF-001560DA0424.jpeg
    7B454768-3C7B-4D34-BDCF-001560DA0424.jpeg
    897 KB · Views: 60
I have decided to grow some Blue Dream. The seed is from bag seed, seedling is two weeks old. Pictures later when I get it transplanted!

Back
Top Bottom