The Buccaneer of the "high" seas.

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
I live these days a very reclusive lifestyle in one of the most beautiful cities in Australia. I live with my partner who I admire and cherish. I have a canary called Bud, and a wonderful garden in my backyard that I built to create beauty and bring the birds and parrots. I'm not lonely ever and never want yet live simply. And, most of all I have my wonderful memories.
6802planetdubub.jpg

I look back on my life and would descibe myself as a Swashbuckler, "quixotic" in some ways. A free spirited youth...literally a Swashbuckler on the high seas of life. Embodied by the thrills of chasing exotic women in distant lands, beautiful silks, drugs, etc...and of course the ever present dream.
That dream redifining itself on a daily basis as my vessel sailed the high seas of life.
I have experienced the wild women in distant Tibet, eaten guinea pig in Cuzco, climbed for coconuts in fiji, smoked hashish in kashmir, smuggled drugs out of Turkey, brandished guns in the orient, and been to the depths of the prison dungeons in Istanbul. And, weep for I have smelled a frangipani on a gorgeous Hawaiian lassie. My mind is so rich to choose from.
But most special of all, was bringing life to the world with two beautiful boys. Their baby smile imprinted on my mind. Such joys fill my heart.
Yes, I am a true swashbuckler! And damn proud of it.

So you young members and friends. Never ever lose a moment in the persuit of your dreams. Sail with me on the high seas of life. Come taste the world, and embrace the sanctity and beauty of self when it is unencumbered. Fill you minds with memories of adventure, romance and the sweet taste of life.
Namste :peace:

very cool, my imignation soars..

Makes me excited to live. I've been on earth 19 and a half years and I don't feel like I've even began my list of things I want to do. Oh, and I do have a long list. Either I'll run out of money or run out of life before I stop attempting to complete it :)

Nice post mate.....making me think of past adventures :smokin:

Isn't it wonderful that "normal" people can have adventures? I love adventures. I can't wait to have some more.

adventure is what its about sis

i love going down a new road, preferably a backroad and gravel would be the best, for the first time. seeing whats over the next hill.

the young have so much energy. thats one thing i like about being around young people (most of my companions are in their 20's). you guys throw off energy like there is no tommorrow. so an old fart like me can set and bask in it. i always feel physically better around young people. thats why i love the festival so much. you can see the energy in the air, really i sware you can.

damn, i'm high. i said all that but my point was to slow down sometimes. i watch you young fuckers going full tilt all the time. but your gonna miss a bunch of stuff if you don't ..... i refuse to say stop and smell the flowers. no way. ummmm.............. stop and watch the weed grow... thats better.

you want to end up with the shortest list of ' i wish i'd a' stuff as possible. some of those will be slow and easily missed. an indian elder told me the slower you can drive without pissing people off the better off you are. otherwise you miss the important stuff in the journey. he spoke truth. he also said if you get a positive feeling to turn down an unexpected road along your path perhaps you should take it.

other than that "kick out the jams mutherfuckers"

I never want to grow up and have to be serious. It seems so boring.

I want to be an educated adventurer!!

Sounds like you had an exciting past and now you're relaxing in ur own haven. Alot of times i wish i could fast forward time and reach the security you have now atm, esp with ur past, ur loneliness etc. etc. but sometimes maybe its security that holds you back from really living life...

Hopefully i'll have the courage to chase my dreams too. Given my responsibilities to family and gf etc. maybe not that much a chance...but i pray that my time for adventures will come too :)

JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ YOU MAKE ME WANT TO BE A PIRATE

Life is what you make of it.

Take where I live here in the Alaskan Bush, I always tell people slow down and enjoy the scenery. We only have a total of 4 roads out of town, about 60 miles of road around us, that go absolutely nowhere but to some of the most beautiful & exotic scenery, glaciers, animals, etc. We cannot drive away from this town to another.

We see thousands of tourists every summer. I tell them the same thing when I gave them their car rental. They were always saying (and complaining) they never "saw" anything.

Well let me tell you, I would leave work and go for a drive "out the road" and I would see these same people going about 50mph (down a gravel road I might add) straight out to the end of the road, spend 5 minutes checking everything out and then it was "balls to the wall" back to town. No wonder they never saw anything. Too fast, too noisy, and no appreciation for what we have to offer here. And they don't heed the locals who know and try to pass along their knowledge.

I take the same roads, anywhere from 10-30mph, and I see the rainbows that form over the glaciers in the mountains after it rains. I see the momma brown bear with 2 little cubs cross the road (before the next speeding tourist comes along) and take them to the stream to fish for a salmon, which she lets them play with on the bank. I see the Bull Moose play fighting in a field about 400yds off the road (you can't spot them doing 50). I see a Black Bear trying to cross the road after a speeder goes by and goes back into the Alders off the shoulder. If you park and wait, in a few minutes they will stroll out on the road and wander around, sometimes playing with the flowers or eating some berries, until another speeder comes along. I see a family of otters playing in the road with 3 little ones chasing moths and flower fluff. Porcupines in the tree, having a snack. Once I saw a seal give birth on the banks of the river. At first glance, she appeared to be only a piece of driftwood, but after stopping to check it out, we witnessed a small miracle and after about 10 minutes the baby was in the water swimming with her. That was way cool! We also have one of the most active calving glaciers, people from all over the world come to see it. Tourists pile out of their cars, spend five minutes and take a couple of photos and then they are off again to someplace else, again going way too fast. They need to sit and have lunch for an hour or so and then they could see why they came in the first place...huge chunks of ice that crash into the river and make waves that are 10-30ft high, and throw fish on the beach and the bears that come out of the woods for a free meal. There is so much to see here and appreciate.

I haven't "stopped to smell the roses" but rather enjoy everything that comes my way. Don't get me wrong, I can go "balls to the wall" when neccessary, but when I see something of interest, I take the time to appreciate all that I have been given on this earthly realm.

I am with Moose, you gotta enjoy the opportunities that come your way, and sometimes you just gotta say "that sounds like fun - let's do it!"

Sorry about all the ramblings in your thread Moose. But I kinda feel like a Buccaneer also, only land based. I can't wait to see what Mother Nature has around the next corner. It's so exciting!

:smokin:

I'm with you. I want to have fun on the way down the road and not regret that I didn't do something along the way when I reach the end.

Back
Top Bottom