The Calculus of Fate

Mercury Trismagistus

The Counselor fumbled with the joint and the lighter. He knew he should have warmed it up more first. He looked up nervously at the stars and shivered with the sidereal cold of outer space. He was on a gravel road leading down a mountainside with a clearing at the very bottom. He took a quick glance at the chronographs on his wrists. They were just starting to ice over. He saw the stars flicker for a moment, like a match does just before it is about to go out. He knew he was running out of time.
He began to sprint towards the oddly shaped structure at the end of the road. It was a sort of bluish cylinder with a conical top like an inverted pie plate. It's overall shape was definitely non-Euclidean. Just as he got near it, a figure appeared in the doorway. It was Glider. It looked like his transmission had gotten through after all.

"Where the heck have you been Mr. T.? We have been losing some serious heat here!"

"Sorry about that Mr. G. It took me longer to work out the field equations than I thought. It's the Peer Pressure that always slows me down...That and my love of good works. You know that."

"Bah!"

Glider made a dismissive gesture and headed back into the Control Room.
The Counselor followed him and fed the parameters into the Main Computer Panel.

"I hope these turn out better than that last lot Mr. T."

"Tomorrow is always another day Mr. G."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

They both looked up at the Simulation on the monitors.

The Counselor smiled..."Not too many anomalies...I think we have to chance it."

Glider chuckled and rolled his eyes..."Now when have I heard that one before?"

"Look to your helm Mr. G. ...Engage the Higgs Field and prepare for Matter/Anti-Matter conversion on my mark."

"Aye Sir, Total Conversion is available on your mark."

Glider looked up from his controls and ginned a big grin.

"Say the words"

The Counselor engaged the Launch Sequence and shot Mr. G. a wink.

"Let there be light"

And there was light.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom