The Canna Voyages of Captain Kronic

Here is a shot of the wannabe bubbler I setup yesterday, I am going to get a larger one. I will need it to run 4 barrels like this one by the end of the season.
2011_Med_Grow_001.JPG

2011_Med_Grow_002.JPG

Freshy view from the chill spot... they are starting to look bigger:
2011_Med_Grow_003.JPG

LOL... cougars like blood meal... most peeps only have dear to worry about!
2011_Med_Grow_006.JPG

2011_Med_Grow_0071.JPG

A bit of POG almost ready for the chop:
2011_Med_Grow_0081.JPG

The fair weather girls... they don't know how good they have it... ask the OD girls!
2011_Med_Grow_0111.JPG

MAN your POG has sooo much better nug structure than mine, i got like the Hindu Kush pheno and you got the Skunk one pheno or something. I got rid of mine because it had like no nugs compared to anything else in my garden but ALL the leaves had sugar on them and thick. i like yours a lot though

GAAAAHHHH... I now have 7 (a couple seed and a couple of clones) that are going into flower. I have checked out the spectral analysis on the soil I got and find it to be high in both P and K... the N is average.
I am starting to think that this, coupled w/an abnormally slow Spring is causing this.
I am giving them a stronger dose of N nutes and a top dressing of blood meal to combat this.

What I want to know is, how long does it take to reveg naturally and how much potential growth/harvest weight is lost by the reveg process?

I read about 4 weeks... sound about right?

Pot of Gold friend, and Revegging is based completly on how big the plant is and every strain does it differn't, a plant has been harvested and is being attempted to reveg can take like 2 months, thats indoors dont know outdoors. but if it was like a clone that was a nug then revegging, it would only take like 2 weeks.

OOOOH WAIT WAIT WAIT, i just read that better your plants are flowering because it is before the summer solstice june 21st. after that your plants will start to Veg again till the fall starts to come, you wont see really anyproblems arise from this except a slow down for about a week, it happens with most strains that you put out early

Damn Capt, you are causing me backyard envy!!!!! I want a backyard like that...... And a frikin cougar to boot, that should be a good deer deterrent. :)
Looking good Capt, you da man......... :popcorn:

Yeah... the babies are pretty damned big for this time of year, I know that's part of the prob. I have had plants out pretty early before and it was never a problem... so, if nothing else, I will have learned new tricks.

What you are saying makes very good sense to me, I am w/o particular knowledge in this so I am kind of grinding on it a bit!
May I inquire as to where you read that info... just good stuff to have in the link bank... thanks Greenie.. your the best!

OOOOH WAIT WAIT WAIT, i just read that better your plants are flowering because it is before the summer solstice june 21st. after that your plants will start to Veg again till the fall starts to come, you wont see really anyproblems arise from this except a slow down for about a week, it happens with most strains that you put out early

Thank you Irie, I have been very blessed to live in such a great place... I will at some point have a friend do me some aerials... I have about 12.3 acres here w/Sucker creek frontage.
Yeah, we have cougars about the place, if you remember my stealth grow from last year, I had a bear use a couple of my bags as special boy seats while it was eating the blackberries... LOL

Damn Capt, you are causing me backyard envy!!!!! I want a backyard like that...... And a frikin cougar to boot, that should be a good deer deterrent. :)
Looking good Capt, you da man......... :popcorn:

Hey Cap'n, why is it that you use the smart pots and raised beds vs going directly into the earth? You stated you just had to sweeten the soil, I'm assuming you used on site soil.

I used the soil that was in those bags from last year... I just used some bone, blood and then some compost to sweeten up the older soil.

As for the boxes, I wanted to go above ground so the organic soil we are building, we can use again next season... soil in bulk is pricey. We got about 40 yards this year.

The boxes have 1/2x1/2 square welded mesh on the bottomns that keep the gophers out... that is also why I didn't go straight into the ground.
The natural soil underneath is a loam composite (bottom land) and once they drop into that... BOOM!
But... I figure that even once they are into the natch soil, even if I get attacked by gophers, I have enough root system up in the box to keep us in the game!

AND... yes, the gophers have already been trying to get into the boxes... I will post pics sooner or later... some of the boxes have upturned gopher trailing all around where the lil bastards have been searching for a way in... NO WAY PUNK!

Hey Cap'n, why is it that you use the smart pots and raised beds vs going directly into the earth? You stated you just had to sweeten the soil, I'm assuming you used on site soil.

i have been talked to too many times about giving out non 420 links so im not gonna go looks for one, but that was just knowledge i had i think maybe a farmers almanac would have all the information you could want for your area but im not sure i havn't look at one in a long time but if i remember that is in there.

I almost ran over a cougar in your neck of the woods one time in the middle of the night. One of the trippiest things I ever experienced. I was smoking some weed that was local to your area called Old Hippie, but I swear it was Colombian. I was pretty high and driving around the switchbacks along Smith River. I was climbing hills and hitting patches of fog and slowing down for a foggy switchback when this cougar runs in front of me. I hit the brakes hard and the cougar looks back and sees me, then starts running the same direction in front of me. It finally turned off the road. All I could think of is, "I almost hit a freaking cougar". That was some good weed and good times. That highway was dark and down right scary on that late November night.

You have some very nice grow set-ups! I think anyone on this site would love to have a backyard like that. Looks to me like you have a fulltime job just taking care of all your girls.

On top of all that you have deer, gophers, cougars, what else? Do you have to worry about pochers? or neibours?

:goodluck: and don't work too hard!

cheers;)

The cougars being attracted to your dirt cracked me up. I've never actually used blood meal, but I always use fish emulsion. Back home, I used to have a hell of a problem with racoons getting into my nutrients and scurrying about the garden in an obvious confused daze as to where the smell was coming from in the dirt. There would be little bite chunks out of the soil here and there and I had to end up storing my fish emulsion in my garage so they couldn't get it.

Eventually they would catch on and after a couple weeks of stopping by and eating small clumps of dirt they stopped coming. After I stopped storing the fish emulsion outside the next year they eventually never came back. Must have been frustrating for them though at first. :laughtwo:

Been on the chop and not keeping up in here... I will post some freshy pics today I hope. 15 hours straight yesterday, 12 the day before... almost done!

Hwy 197 down to Brookings... I'm pretty sure you are right on the name!
isnt that road like lower smith river rd or old smith river rd or something

It is definitely a full time job... on top of all my other life responsibilities.
I have some really cool neighbors (other growers) and a couple of tweeker ones too... what's that line from that old Beach Boys song... the bad guys know us and they leave us alone :thumb:
You have some very nice grow set-ups! I think anyone on this site would love to have a backyard like that. Looks to me like you have a fulltime job just taking care of all your girls.

On top of all that you have deer, gophers, cougars, what else? Do you have to worry about pochers? or neibours?

:goodluck: and don't work too hard!

cheers;)

HAAAAHAAAA... good story, coons are curious lil buggers!
I had a bear problem one time on a guerrilla grow I did. It was back in the day and I was using some fish fert and the bear must have thought the bags were special boy treats and it went down the line slashing the bags open looking for the fish... GHHHHAAAAA! (we were able to save all the affected plants) We stopped using the fish... we were using the bear wallow was part of the problem!
The cougars being attracted to your dirt cracked me up. I've never actually used blood meal, but I always use fish emulsion. Back home, I used to have a hell of a problem with racoons getting into my nutrients and scurrying about the garden in an obvious confused daze as to where the smell was coming from in the dirt. There would be little bite chunks out of the soil here and there and I had to end up storing my fish emulsion in my garage so they couldn't get it.

Eventually they would catch on and after a couple weeks of stopping by and eating small clumps of dirt they stopped coming. After I stopped storing the fish emulsion outside the next year they eventually never came back. Must have been frustrating for them though at first. :laughtwo:

Didn't get back in till late and I was dead tired...
Here are some update shots, the girls are kicked into another gear and really starting to tear it up. :morenutes:

Super Lemon Haze:
6_20_2011_002.JPG

God Bud:
6_20_2011_003.JPG

Fire Kush:
6_20_2011_006.JPG

C99 Hybrid:
6_20_2011_020.JPG

BubbleGummer:The loupe is about 3/4" across... gonna be big!
6_20_2011_040.JPG

Pot 0 Gold:
6_20_2011_048.JPG

Da Purps:
6_20_2011_049.JPG

Group Shot:
6_20_2011_053.JPG

Took the better part of 3 days but... the indo is 90+ % trimmed. One more time over should have them ready once they are near dried.
I have manicuring... it makes me physically ill anymore. I also think the trimming screws up the bud... they are so damned pretty and bigger while alive.

Indo_hung_20011_003.JPG

Indo_hung_20011_005.JPG

I will post piccys of the finished product too... stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom