I look forward to seeing them Dabber. :battingeyelashes:
They dont incorporate infused EVOO but I'm sure a drizzle here or there could make the dish extra fun

Happy Holidays indeed! Have a deliciously wonderful celebration Dabber. :hug:

Happy Holidays indeed! Have a deliciously wonderful celebration Dabber. :hug:
Thanks sue. Can forget to parlay that with some Pacifico's, or hornitos! I spent most my life an hour from the Mexican border, so I refuse to eat second rate today. Gotta do it right.

Have a wonderful and medicated day my friend!
:ganjamon::circle-of-love::ganjamon:

Ghee-fully Yours
Gheefully Yours.jpg
I am finally retired from work and can enjoy the benefits of cannabis without worrying on drug tests, in addition to legalization in my State. Damn straight 'bout time!
Yesterday I made up some infused caramel sauce (will post pics when I get them) using up some cannabutter I had in the freezer.
Today I used the last of it to make Ghee (clarified butter). This is not real strong, but is going to add a nice dimension to a steak basted with it and a little rosemary this week.
So, let's see if I can remember how to post photos. ;-)
To those of you I know, hello again. To those I don't, hey there...HIGH there!

It's great to have you back! I'd be interested in the caramel sauce you made. We went to the fair yesterday and I bought a caramel apple for $7. It would be easy enough to make at home.

It's great to have you back! I'd be interested in the caramel sauce you made. We went to the fair yesterday and I bought a caramel apple for $7. It would be easy enough to make at home.
Good to be back. I'm looking forward to posting recipes and pics here! Food and food photography have become a passion of mine.
If you have a recipe for infused caramels it's pretty easy. I melted down some that didn't set hard enough for me, added heavy cream to it while it was heating until I got a nice smooth sauce. I used the microwave to melt it down, about 45 seconds, then stir....repeat and stir until it's a saucy consistency. I think there's a caramel recipe at the beginning of this thread or a couple pages in. I'll try to post mine when I get some pics of a recipe I did for milk cake with caramel topping.
Have fun!

Roasted Spaghetti Squash With Cannabutter Sage Sauce Topped With Parmesan Cheese

We are reaping in the squash varieties this time of year. One of my personal favorites is Spaghetti squash. Here I've done roasted spaghetti squash with a cannabutter garlic and sage sauce. I added some of the roasted seeds for a little extra crunch. Some might not like those, but we grew up on munching roasted and salted squash seeds as a kind of treat. The parmesan cheese added a nice nutty flavor to the plate.
I'll post a very simple recipe for this in a couple days.

spaghetti squash with brown butter sauce.jpg

Slicing the squash in round form instead of cutting in half, helps the "noodles" come out longer and more like spaghetti strands.

Spaghetti squash rings baked.jpg
Spaghetti squash and fork.jpg

I have a dosage question.

If I make these apple muffins with the 1 cup of buttermilk infused with 40 grams of cannabis plus 1/2 cup (20g per half cup) of cannabis-infused butter and the cannabis I'm infusing it with is approximately 18% THC and <1% CBD, how many milligrams of THC is there per muffin based on 12 muffins altogether?

I have a dosage question.

If I make these apple muffins with the 1 cup of buttermilk infused with 40 grams of cannabis plus 1/2 cup (20g per half cup) of cannabis-infused butter and the cannabis I'm infusing it with is approximately 18% THC and <1% CBD, how many milligrams of THC is there per muffin based on 12 muffins altogether?
It's been a very long time since I've had to do dosage calculations.

This is what I came up with for calculation from the book I have: (I invite anyone to double check this)

You have 60 grams total in your recipe with the buttermilk and the cannabutter. That is correct? Seems like a lot.

1 gram of weed = 1000 milligrams

18% THC

Calculation:

1,000 milligrams x 0.18 THC = 180 milligrams of THC in 1 gram of cannabis x 60 grams = 10, 800 milligrams total

Divide by 12 (number of muffins) = 900 milligrams per muffin.

I also used a calculator at this site and entered your numbers, coming up with the same:

Hempster- Age Verification

It's been a very long time since I've had to do dosage calculations.

This is what I came up with for calculation from the book I have: (I invite anyone to double check this)

You have 60 grams total in your recipe with the buttermilk and the cannabutter. That is correct? Seems like a lot.

That was what I was thinking but 900 mg THC / muffin is definitely a lot. I do have to make my oils and edibles strong but not that strong. I usually infuse 125 ml of oil/butter with 20 grams of cannabis. But, I'm all over the place on trying to make a serving the amount of THC I want. I've done edibles from a low of 216 mg/ml to a high of 437 mg/ml, with the average being 323 mg/ml per serving.

The only edibles that didn't feel strong enough had 218 mg/ml for a Diesel Coconut Oil No Cook Cookie and 437 mg/ml for a Blueberry Oatmeal Cookie but it's an indica and I rarely feel high when I take an indica edible but that's okay, they were made so I could eat a cookie before stressful occasions instead of having to take oil alone.

The goal is to make edibles for all the strains I want to get high with as it's less calories having an edible than taking the oil alone in tea.
1 gram of weed = 1000 milligrams

18% THC

Calculation:

1,000 milligrams x 0.18 THC = 180 milligrams of THC in 1 gram of cannabis x 60 grams = 10, 800 milligrams total

Divide by 12 (number of muffins) = 900 milligrams per muffin.

I also used a calculator at this site and entered your numbers, coming up with the same:

Hempster- Age Verification

Thank you for the math help. I suck at math especially when using multiple different measurements.

That was what I was thinking but 900 mg THC / muffin is definitely a lot. I do have to make my oils and edibles strong but not that strong. I usually infuse 125 ml of oil/butter with 20 grams of cannabis. But, I'm all over the place on trying to make a serving the amount of THC I want. I've done edibles from a low of 216 mg/ml to a high of 437 mg/ml, with the average being 323 mg/ml per serving.

The only edibles that didn't feel strong enough had 218 mg/ml for a Diesel Coconut Oil No Cook Cookie and 437 mg/ml for a Blueberry Oatmeal Cookie but it's an indica and I rarely feel high when I take an indica edible but that's okay, they were made so I could eat a cookie before stressful occasions instead of having to take oil alone.

The goal is to make edibles for all the strains I want to get high with as it's less calories having an edible than taking the oil alone in tea.

Thank you for the math help. I suck at math especially when using multiple different measurements.
Oh trust me, math was not my subject in school. LOL

If I remember right, it seems the normal edibles strong dosages or standard or whatever, was between 350-400 mg. and then adjusted as tolerance levels require. Keep in mind that was slightly shy of a decade ago when I was heavily involved with the edibles. :laughtwo:
I have a chart in one of the other cookbooks that talks about low to high dosages. I'll read up on that tonight or tomorrow to refresh my memory drawer in my brain. I have go find the key to the drawer first.......

@HashGirl

Just remembered, I used a dosage calculator for a while that I had downloaded on Googleplay.
Look around on that when you get some time, it might be useful for you to just enter your amounts and away you go.
There are several there now, one I'm looking at is
"ChronicCooker". I haven't downloaded yet, but probably will give it a try later.

Just type in at googleplay store THC dosage calculator, or edibles dosage calculator and see what comes up.

Back
Top Bottom