The Cannabis Project

CADBOY

Welcome and let's get rolling...

I've collected a bunch of Landrace Genetics over the last few years and I'm very interested in preserving the Original Genetics for future generations, collectively we shouldn't allow Landrace Genetics to be squashed...

I'm also interested in making high quality Hybrids in general, from Old Genetics, New Genetics and Lanrace Genetics...

I'm not looking to be a professional breeder or anything But I've found that I simply enjoy growing.

If I post wrong info or something, call me out on it, I'm all good with long conversations and finding the facts.

Of course if I do post something non factual, I'll will update it to reflect accordingly.

However I will put forth my best effort to produce professional high quality Genetics in general while being able to preserve some old school genetics for future generations.

So what the heck is going on here?
Well in this project I've got;

Mothers Genetics Lineage. (Feminized seed)
20200621_101331.jpg

(Source) Wikileaf: Granddaddy Purple Marijuana Strain Information

Created back in 2003 by Ken Estes in the San Francisco Bay Area, Ken and his team sought out to create the ultimate Indica hybrid by merging two strains with fantastic genetics - Purple Urkle and Big Bud. The product of these two, Grand Daddy Purple, is a spitting image of it's parents' two best qualities - the deep and dark purple hue from Purple Urkle and the overgrown, dense buds of Big Bud. The dark purple buds blend well with the bright orange hairs and frosted white trichomes that generously cover the bud making it an extremely photogenic strain.

(My collection source) Buy Grand Daddy Purple Feminised Seeds - 5 from Grand Daddy Purple at Seedsman

Fathers Genetics Lineage. (Regular seed)
20200621_101348.jpg

Jew Gold cannabis strain by Vlone Only is an Indicadominant hybrid. Apparently, a crew of Jewish kids in Los Angeles was running around town with this hybridand dubbing it "Jew Gold", and now its a popular strain in the upper crust community of LA. The genetic origins of Jew Gold cannabis strain are currently unknown.

(My Collection source)
An older gentleman "Cannabis caveman" that I've known for the last few years has been exclusive growing this strain for many years and had some Original Genetics preserved from 1974 Regular Seeds, we cut a deal and I got 2 seeds, 1st one sprouted and I got a male. I then collected the pollen for future breeding. Hopefully the 2nd seed is female, the future will tell it all.
20200621_102043.jpg

What do you get when you cross these two fantastic strains? Well, it's something I've researched called cannabis cubeing...

The mother and father strains have already been cubed by other breeders to bring us awesome cannabis, so thank you to all the true breeders who put in all the seriously, time consuming hard work.

I personally appreciate what you do....

Now when you cross the parents, you'll get what's called hybrid vigor.

When you cross the two cubed parents together you'll get fairly uniform seed in the first generation, the F1 hybrid generation.

The dominant genes of both cubes will come back in this cross and you'll get both Potency and Vigor at the same time and should be better than either parents.

Now all we gotta do is give this epic new strain a name so, officially this New F1 Hybrid is called "Kosher Daddy" essentially representing both parents lineage....

Once I've collected and sprouted all the Kosher Daddy F1 Hybrid Regular seeds and cull through them all, I will have then selected the best of the best and "Selfed" them to ensure F1 Hybrid Vigor in the Feminized Seeds Stock for future use.

I will also back cross some Private Stock select plants to provide Regular Seed Stock of Kosher Daddy Genetics for future use.

I know, I know, this will take a while. But this is a hobby and I'm enjoying it.

Most likely after all the hard stuff is done, I'll be going through my email list and tracking down all the people who have donated, traded or bartered or helped me in the past and gift them a few Kosher Daddy seeds each, so they can do what they wish with them.

You know who you are, I've blown up all your emails before hahah. This may take a while, But good carma is coming back to you wonderful people.

I'd honestly hope that my cannabis friends would also continue to produce more F1 Kosher Daddy Fem Seeds and in turn gift some, to someone who helped them along the way... ya kna Carma and all that...

I'd be seriously happy if everyone, everywhere in the world could enjoy this strain at some point.

Updates will be infrequently available as this project matures.

Cheers.

I was wrong in saying the "non pollinated bud" looks like the 1st pic... Nope, that's also pollinated.

Let me tell ya, no matter how careful you are when keeping a male in a tent with a female, 100% your whole plant will get pollinated. Dont take the chances. Separate the male in it's own separate home for collecting the pollen.

Congratulations lol,I watched these videos on YouTube yesterday”strain hunters” they were like an hour long each but very interesting, they were going to different countries looking for landrace strains

Congratulations lol,I watched these videos on YouTube yesterday”strain hunters” they were like an hour long each but very interesting, they were going to different countries looking for landrace strains

Thanks Stormblessed, I've watched similar shows before, very interesting indeed.

I've got a few landraces myself and excited to grow them out over this coming winter.

I’m still unsure what makes it a landrace strain? R they just like original strains to specific regions? Before we started crossing them

Yes exactly, your correct.

Landrace = Strains that are growing naturally the way GOD ment them to be.

Of course many geographical areas have there own type, styles, flavors ect.

Landraces are also the ancestors of the cannabis we have today, because for many generations now people have cross breed, back crossed ect ect to get Hybrids...

I'd like to preserve the original Genetics of landraces for future generations and of course I like crossing too, making a whole new hybrid strain.

Awesome man, How long since they were pollinated?

Since about June 5th to the 7th roughly.
Got about 4 weeks in tottal to wait.
Just gonna let them start to fall out of the pods on there own, then wait a day or two and harvest all the seeds that will easily pop out of the pods.

Nice work cadguy :thumb:
I love the idea of finding the headwaters, as it were, of different genetic streams.
Crossing cubes - cool.
We are in good hands.
:popcorn:

Thanks Brother, it's always good to see 15 :thumb:when you coming by :) I'm really interested in this type of thing. I think I'm addicted to growing more then smoking lol

This thread may take a while, but will be cool to see the progression overall.

Back
Top Bottom