The Capn's 4 Plant Perpetual Grow Journal TGA Ace of Spades

Re: The Capn's 4 Plant Perpetual Grow Journal TGA Ace of Spades - Final Weight: 20oz

It has been 7 days since harvest drying in the tent as you saw in the picture above. To know when it's dry, I wait until the branches become brittle (fractures when you bend it). If you can bend the branch easily, it is not dry enough. A few days ago, I snuck out about 1/4 of non-premium buds, decarb'ed it, and made coconut oil, and used it in brownies. My girl and I went to a party, and she had to drive me home I was so bent.

Yesterday was 6 days after harvest, and stems were fracturing when I bent them. So I cut off all the bud. It took me a long time, and I kept making trips to the tent :) I turned it over a couple times, then I let it dry in this container over night with no lid.

CutBud.jpg

Today I separated into netpots, 60-62grams per netpot. 2oz is 56.7 grams, so I added a bit more to make up for what I'll lose in the next week during the cure. I found this is a good way to cure, as jars are too much trouble. I will now take the lid on and off, until I feel like they are cured enough. Then they go to giant glass cookie jars.

s1ingblade had faith in me, but I had no idea it would be 1.25 lb. I have been growing this method for several months, but usually the harvest is 8-12oz. I almost doubled that at 20+ oz here. Why did this plant BLOW OUT my previous harvests? I have never grown ACE using this method before. I have been growing Nirvana's AK48 using this method. While the AK48's colas were bigger, they were not as dense as this ACE. In addition, I am now vegging 9 weeks instead of 6. Funny part is, this plant almost died in veg. I went away on a business trip back in late Feb, and the top feed hose got disconnected. It looked like charlie brown x-mas tree. And now look at it! NO seed, no stems, just bud.

FinalWeight.jpg

I will have one more update to this journal, and that will simply be a final weight on the other ACE you see above, which has another week or so to go. On my next adventure, I'm simplifying it even more with Top Feed in a 6 gal superoots Aero-pot. Check it out here. Please don't expect another 20 ouncer. I don't know if I can do it again.

Damn Capn :adore:

You're setup is awesome! I love flood & drain!

I'm bummed I didn't catch this until the end, but great grow. Gonna go sub up to your new journal.

:Namaste:

It is amazing how fast these TGA strains grow:

I am running their Apollo 13 x Vortex. They are very vigorous growers!

so this is where we are so far with one more ACE to go to harvest.
1.25 lb x 454=567.5 grams
3x600=1800 watts
567.5 / 1800=0.3152 grams per watt

still some room for improvement in the gram per watt challenge, but a great harvest none the less.
do you still grow the AK48?

congratulations on your harvest!

Thanks Hiker and John for the kind words.

Hiker, I'm going Top feed with that latest plant put into flower, but I'm worried I'm making a mistake. In another week I'll have another one going into flower, and I'm tempted to make a flood and drain container for it. Unfortunately I won't be able to compare because they are different strains. Ace and Agent Orange.

John, yes good point about the gram per watt thing. I don't think I'll ever get there! This other Ace, I'm thinking 12oz, nothing near 20. What's the goal for grams per sq ft? I used about 16sq ft for this one. Also, I want to vote for you for motm. How do I vote?

John, you have my vote and +reps for all the helpful advice. Minus reps for pointing out I'm no where near a gram per watt. ha ha ha! :rofl: HOWEVER! I did some re-arranging in my flower room, and now have 3 plants (Agent Orange) in flower. The third plant doesn't have nearly enough room (about 2' diameter) but I'll see what I can do. No way I'll get 20oz per plant to make a gram per watt. The above plant was exceptional. I'll be happy to average 12oz per which is just a bit better than 1/2 gram / watt. Of course, I'm flowering a new strain for me, agent Orange, so I really don't know what to expect. If it turns out well, I'm not going to grow ACE any longer.

I'm going to be starting a few new threads soon. One will show my new adjustable (up/down) scrog system, and my mobile base :) Also, I'm working on a "poor man's ice box". If it works, I'll probably buy the real one, but dang they are expensive.

I chopped the other Ace last night. This one is pretty, and looks more like the "black cherry soda", but the buds are not as big.

ace3.jpg

Hanging up to dry. I'll check in next week with final numbers.
dry6.jpg

Final post for the Ace grow:

The second Ace of spades, as I said before, is the one that is closer to the "black cherry soda" type. This one did not have as near as much weight, but the buds are much prettier. This picture is a little blurry but you can see the lavender tint to it. I didn't keep it in vegetative growth for quite as long.

Just under 11 OZ dry:

Ace2Dry.jpg

Also made 12 grams of dry ice kief from the trim on this one.

Final thoughts... I originally bought 5 ace of spades seeds. 3 of the 5 were females. One of those 3 was kind of weak, so I didn't flower it. Of the other two, we can see how one produced twice as much weight as the other. Granted, the first one was "vegged" a couple weeks more than the other, and had a bigger scrog net space. Still, all things equal, I don't think the second would go 20oz. All that said, I'm keeping the second strain instead of the first. The buds are SO pretty, and it is only this second one that shows the chinensis. I just think it's so cool I can't bear to let it go. This is a pic of the new ace put into flower 3 weeks ago. The leaves are so shiny.

buds53.jpg

Thanks for all the "likes" and positive feedback. Happy grows to you all. Next up... Agent Orange.

Jessie

Re: The Capn's 4 Plant Perpetual Grow Journal TGA Ace of Spades - Final Weight: 20oz

It has been 7 days since harvest drying in the tent as you saw in the picture above. To know when it's dry, I wait until the branches become brittle (fractures when you bend it). If you can bend the branch easily, it is not dry enough. A few days ago, I snuck out about 1/4 of non-premium buds, decarb'ed it, and made coconut oil, and used it in brownies. My girl and I went to a party, and she had to drive me home I was so bent.

Yesterday was 6 days after harvest, and stems were fracturing when I bent them. So I cut off all the bud. It took me a long time, and I kept making trips to the tent :) I turned it over a couple times, then I let it dry in this container over night with no lid.

CutBud.jpg

Today I separated into netpots, 60-62grams per netpot. 2oz is 56.7 grams, so I added a bit more to make up for what I'll lose in the next week during the cure. I found this is a good way to cure, as jars are too much trouble. I will now take the lid on and off, until I feel like they are cured enough. Then they go to giant glass cookie jars.

s1ingblade had faith in me, but I had no idea it would be 1.25 lb. I have been growing this method for several months, but usually the harvest is 8-12oz. I almost doubled that at 20+ oz here. Why did this plant BLOW OUT my previous harvests? I have never grown ACE using this method before. I have been growing Nirvana's AK48 using this method. While the AK48's colas were bigger, they were not as dense as this ACE. In addition, I am now vegging 9 weeks instead of 6. Funny part is, this plant almost died in veg. I went away on a business trip back in late Feb, and the top feed hose got disconnected. It looked like charlie brown x-mas tree. And now look at it! NO seed, no stems, just bud.

FinalWeight.jpg

I will have one more update to this journal, and that will simply be a final weight on the other ACE you see above, which has another week or so to go. On my next adventure, I'm simplifying it even more with Top Feed in a 6 gal superoots Aero-pot. Check it out here. Please don't expect another 20 ouncer. I don't know if I can do it again.

I knew you could do it bro! lol, looks like I need to iron out my water issues and get a hydro grow going. I would like to flower in one room only as I could run so much less equipment. I could run two lights for soiless and two on my rdwc system. Is it ok if I PM you cap'n? too much to list if you know what I mean?
Reps on the great job on your grow and journal

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom