The Capn's Simple Hydroponics Cook Off - Goal: 1lb Indoors - Journal

Ok well this journals almost over and seeing your all waiting on some weights and pics how about something to keep ya from getting bored?
Here is Tiny last night, she took that 48 hour hit but since shes in a 15 gallon (equiv.) she survived, perm. Injuries none the less.
Shes a little over a month and one week from flip. New white hairs a re coming back and shes swelling again so who knows, maybe the stress will create tremendous amounts of thc haha nice to dream right?
image5440.jpg
image5439.jpg

Shes under two 1000 watt HPS with new horts. I know its not an efficient layout but the room wasn't designed to do what I'm making it do so...
Here's another pic where you can see the last lamp but not the plants, its the four cookies that are almost done. Im lowering the ppms down and there already peeing 500
image5416.jpg

Maybe next time, cap'n is the true winner here.
Hope you didnt mind the cap'n? Im going to have a new journal up asap
I will get something started this weekend, won't be a whole bunch but there will be a link and something to get it started so I don't have to keep dumping on caps thread.
Ill post it here and will try to pm everyone, lots of new friends so forgive me if I forget ya

Is the legs of that net bound to the floor? Looks like Tiny's about to rip the top off that thing the way the net is stretched out.

I'd love to hear about others growing cap'n style in the background, there's got to be others.

i'll try this picture thing

seeds--unknown bag,mexican brick. ive grown this for 5 cycles now,it just gets better and better--same mother
flowering time is ---50-55days
first time with the capns croutons and top feed---I am done searching for awhile
soil-dwc guy- no more
scrogg-first attempt
lights- twin 600 hps---veg t-5
previous best was 5.7 oz per plant-altho I didn't get the lb, I sure destroyed my best effort to date
this teardown is 3 day old,so my roots kind of browned up some
this was going down the pipe
IMG_0330_-_Copy1.JPG

top view pvc is 3/4 inch
IMG_033325.JPG

bottom view
IMG_033624.JPG

roots growing from container to container,,,,
IMG_033535.JPG

I thought I put 3.5 inside a 5gal,,but I guess its called a 5 gallon squat
IMG_034223.JPG

the mess---what a cluster this turned into,,lack of skills on my part
21557.JPG

3/4 of the reward,not enough space in the picture to capture it all
dry_1.JPG

finished but not cured,mexican brick lmao
reggie1.JPG

U turned it from 300-600 a lb to well over 2000 with just a little TLC. I always wondered why Mexicans never stepped their game up?

Hey voodoo here's the suprise and im dedicating it to you, my patient friend:goodjob:

Almost forgot to properly introduce you to my Reserva Privada OG KUSH named "Tiny"
Shes under 2000 watts and in a 15 gallon super roots airpot veg time was just shy of three months
Shooting for 32 zips, dried and trimmed up, stems off!

WOW! I feel honoured and my patience has been well rewarded! She is beautiful sling! I must see more...once I get to my cp. :bravo:

Hey c5 are you saying those plants came from seeds that you got from Mexican shwag? If so I've seen it many times and the sativa that comes from Mexico has great terpenes and smells wonderful. Its the male plants and their drying/curing processes and of course their packaging that ruins most of it but I've had great Mexican Sativa, some of my favorite weed to smoke to be honest. Is it sensi seeds that has Mexican sativa seeds? I'd like to breed some with some Pakistan type landrace indica, I think thats similar to Mcloadies mexi Kush, not sure I'll ask him.
Hey c five did you start this grow when we did or have you been cultivating this way before? Just curious as I was hoping that others might be doing similar things
I think you did great and you should have great smoke for quite a while

Yeah your probably right. I am a perfectionist or sort of and when its not just right I shy away from showing. I think showing and explaining what happened is in order and could help another later from having to go thru it also
DSCN10296.JPG

Hey voodoo here's the suprise and im dedicating it to you, my patient friend:goodjob:

Almost forgot to properly introduce you to my Reserva Privada OG KUSH named "Tiny"
Shes under 2000 watts and in a 15 gallon super roots airpot veg time was just shy of three months
Shooting for 32 zips, dried and trimmed up, stems off!

Pitch dark 6" down. Just a thought.

BTW, I don't agree with the comment about lopping of the 10" top. I prefer to bend laterally. Serves the same purpose and preserves the top.

c526, thanks for stepping up and posting pictures. I know there has got to be many others. I like how you took the ebb and flow set up (pot in 5gal bucket) and then made it top feed (AG is doing the same thing). Top feed is so much more simple.

It looks like you started out and ended up great, but that one picture looks a little rough, where you say "lack of skills on my part". Was your PPM too high? What happened there?

The mex weed might have seeds, and may be "bricked" for shipping purposes, but they aren't dumb. They grow some good stuff. You've probably heard me say before my biggest yielder was bag seed from brick weed.

Those look like pretty nice colas. I hope you took a clone.

:goodjob:

Would you guys say I'm "WELL HUNG" ?

WellHung.jpg

You can see I got a little lazy on the closest hanger, and didn't trim it well. No matter, any mini leaves sticking out are covered in trics.

I'll see you guys in a week with some weights. Send me some 1lb vibes, will ya?

:theband: Heavy weight vibes, coming right up!

yes,sir. same as you suggested, as soon as they go into flower,I take my cuttings

that one picture that looks like a bag of weed dumped on the screen---my ppms jumped from 800 to 1700,and my laziness didn't catch it
had my 1st round of mites,now I know why people say they are hard to get rid of,my god man,they are tougher than nails

also I started out in a scrogg-training each branch,but they got outta control,the stretch really caught me by surprise,altho ive ran this before,as soon as I put the screen down,this thing took off

ive learned a lot from you guys,almost to the point of confusion---capns style for me from here on out,,its so easy,almost too easy:thumb:

Hey c5 are you saying those plants came from seeds that you got from Mexican shwag? If so I've seen it many times and the sativa that comes from Mexico has great terpenes and smells wonderful. Its the male plants and their drying/curing processes and of course their packaging that ruins most of it but I've had great Mexican Sativa, some of my favorite weed to smoke to be honest. Is it sensi seeds that has Mexican sativa seeds? I'd like to breed some with some Pakistan type landrace indica, I think thats similar to Mcloadies mexi Kush, not sure I'll ask him.
Hey c five did you start this grow when we did or have you been cultivating this way before? Just curious as I was hoping that others might be doing similar things
I think you did great and you should have great smoke for quite a while

yes sir,those seeds are from Mexican brick,bought myself(what a sad day).few years ago I dropped 15 in the soil 13 females came up,I took what I thought the best to be a mother

I put them into flower 9/18-to me it seems a very short flower time 50-60 days max
never grown this style before,but ive found a home,lol
my only experience with water was 3 runs of dwc-ok results
half a dozen or so in soil

yes I have another one coming out,but after seeing "tiny" im vegging another month,get rid of my inlaws and she will be ready to go into12/12 jan 1st

ive been very lucky in the fact,that I seem to be able to smoke,something in the end---but im very much a newb,and I cant thank a lot of you guys on here,THE CAPN AND YOU, have rejuvenated ,my want to be better
gardner

Nice work both of you :thumb:

I agree with Bassman. You had a screen, why let those runaway branches do that? Just tuck 'em under! :winkyface:

When I get those, I just let them burn a little and adjust my lights so the bulk of the canopy is at the right distance. If a few branches get dumb and reach to close to the "Sun", well it's natural selection in action. :blalol:

After seeing the pics of your croutons, I thoughts about putting them in one of my buckets. Think they could handle getting flooded 3-4 times a day? I'm still gun shy of rockwool. I'm gonna visit my hydro store soon, so if they have some croutons, maybe I'll give it a try. No 1 lb monsters, but we can get a side by side of RW vs rock. We'll see. I've got a lot to do before I leave for a week on Friday! I'm not sure I want to start an experiment and then leave. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom