The Captain's 1st 420 Grow: Blue Dream & Girlscout Cookies In Soil

Captain Cannabis

Welcome to Captain Cannabis' First 420 Grow!

I'll be raising 3 Blue Dream, and 2 Girlscout Cookies from Nirvana Seedbank.

Environments
Germination- Paper towel method

Seedlings- Propagation tray w/ dome 2.75in pots
w/ Fox Farms Happy Frog soil. No nutes

Veg- 2x4 Vivosun tent
4 inch Vivosun exhaust w/ passive intake
1 HLG 320xl Quantum Board 4000k (36inX8in) 24hr
2gal Pots w/ 1gal of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil

Nutes- Cal-Mag (transplant), Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom
Grandma's unsulfered Black Molasses

Flower- 5x5 Vivosun tent
6 inch Can Fan Pro w/ passive intake
3 HLG 320xl Quantum Boards 3000k 12on/12off
7gal fabric pots w/ Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil
Nutes-Advanced Nutrients Grow, Micro, Bloom -- tba

I'll do my best to keep my Journal up to date, let's get started!

First off, Nirvana Seeds was a pleasure to deal with. I received my shipment 2 weeks early, and
everything was safe and secure. All 6 seeds I germinated popped within 24hrs, 3GSC and 3BD.
However, one of the GSC just seemed to be struggling, so I pulled it. They've been in soil since Feb 4th

After they popped, they went into 2.75in pots w/ FF Happy frog and root magic, a little small, but I had them available. I placed them under T5's, that died on me 6 days in.

After 2 weeks I up potted them to 2gal pots that have about 1gal of FFOF, and another coat of root magic.

They are now under the Quantum Boards and loving the light!

:popcorn:Those Weeds are lookin happy Capt. Are u planning on any kind of training? LST, topping, quad line. My Blue Dreams stretched on the flip like they were on steroids. I used LST and there still 4’ tall. I guess I could have been more aggressive on tying the side branches down. Looking forward to see those babies grow. Good vibes ur way, Cheers

Thanx folks! As a matter of fact, I topped and started training yesterday. I plan on just going for an even canopy across the 5x5 area. LST is a must with these Sativa Ladies for sure. It may end up being a bastardization of everything though! Ha! My first move is to get the lowest shoots growing horizontally. The top shoots might get sacrificed to the clone gods if these girls get too lanky.

Here is a side by side of Blue Dream and Girlscout Cookies. The BD is Slightly more Sativa. (Cool band name there!) Lots of new growth since I topped them, and the training is going well. In the next couple of days, I'll be training the upper shoots too.

Pots are getting light, so they'll get some water tonight or tomorrow morning. They got nutes (1/2 recommend dose) on the last watering 3 days ago, so regular 6.5 is on the menu.

Girls look nice and healthy. Are you just doing LST for them or will you be doing some topping along the way?

Looks like one of my Blue Dream ladies is coming down with the scurvy! Ha! Looks like the onset of a Calcium/Magnesium deficiency. Added some Calmag to the feeding today, and doing a light spray for the next few nights.

Could be from the intensity of the QB's so I'll switch to 18/6.

Ph is good, RH is mid 40's, temps at 73°f, plenty of air flow.

Looks like one of my Blue Dream ladies is coming down with the scurvy! Ha! Looks like the onset of a Calcium/Magnesium deficiency. Added some Calmag to the feeding today, and doing a light spray for the next few nights.

Could be from the intensity of the QB's so I'll switch to 18/6.

Ph is good, RH is mid 40's, temps at 73°f, plenty of air flow.
40% humidity is way low for veg !

Throw a humidifier in there, you should be good!

I have one feeding the passive intake. Added a small bucket of water, and I'm going to rig up a "towel wick" system. The tent will be moved soon, into a controlled room. Shouldn't have a problem after that. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom