The cat in the hat

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
In the early 80's I was with my wife in Ladakh, an area hidden away high in the western Himalaya, near Kashmir. The head waters of the Indus River. The home to the Tibettans. We were to drive from Leh to Srinegar, with a stop over in Kargil, just after the Zoji-La pass.
We left Leh in an old 10 seater bus, along a narrow and precipitous mountain road. The road was one lane, so traffic flowed in one direction for twelve hours, then twelve the other. The journey was terrifying, with the bus more often than not hanging over the edge of a 3000' drop to a glacial stream. Getting to the Zoji-La Pass took half the day and finally getting over the top was a relief. Even though I had smoked up a shitload of Kashmiri black hash for Dutch courage, I still nearly shit my pants.
Finally at Kargil. A travellers hotel was sought out so we could unwind and sleep. And smoke.
My wife was pretty shattered by the drive through the Zoji-La Pass and her nerves were shot. Her temper. Anyway, after a smoke we're sitting on a couch when my wife sees a rat run under the bed. Man oh man, did she put on a spac attack. Off I go to the front desk and tell this dude, by sign language, about the rat.
A big toothless grin on this huge smiling face waves me back to bed saying "OK OK, I fix".
Fifteen minutes later, the door opens and the manager throws in a cat, sayin "He fix, he fix"
My wife just pissed herself with laughter and said she would never take anything for ganted again.

haha that's awesome... Man I would hate to drive up that moutain like you were talking, that would scare the shit out of me I hate heights. Did the rat get taken care of?

very cool,thanx for sharing. ;~)

thats funny.

Thats a fantastic story LOL. cant wait to save up and do some travelling of my own :).

Just got back from 8 day visit to China with husband. Went on a tour to see the Great Wall and nearly had a heart attack! Bus driver was great but with super narrow roads it really tested his skill with a manual transmission to mess with. Wished I had some "medication" with me but closed my eyes instead. And....10 days without medication!! No withdrawls but after having used daily for nearly a year it was strange. Bought souvenirs instead with money! Night night for now,
socalynn

Back
Top Bottom