The Cat Is Back! Perpetual Grow Journal

MJGrowinCat

Hi guys its been quite awhile since I was active on here. You can check out my first time ever growing Here.

The Setup
As of right now I am running a TSL1000 in a 2x2x5 for my Veg and Clone room, and my old 1000W LED and 3x3 tent for Flowering. Both tents and lights are from Mars Hydro.

The Genetics
White Widow. Not feminized just regular it was a freebie in a order I decided to grow first. Next might just be another bag seed or if the Widow turns out good enough I might pop a Red Hot Cookies from Sweet Seeds.

The Medium
Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest Mixed with some perlite and vermiculite.

The Nutes
Blue Planet Nutrients Farmers Pride. I love these nutes, and I only grow organic! I don't know if they still are a sponsor here but 420 forums are where I found them and ill never look back.

~Week 4 in Flower
This was supposed to be a mother plant but it got wayyy to big for my space way to fast so into flower it went!
IMG_9943.JPG

IMG_9945.JPG

last feed was 823 ppm and so far it has no issues taking it (it was deficient in phosphorus). I super-cropped this plant some and topped it once early on in its life, never tied it back really at all and it topped out nice I think! The plant is in a 7 Gallon square smartpot.

~Week 10 Veg
Here are 5 babies from the plant pictured above.
IMG_9952.JPG

I'm trying to keep them small until the bigger tent frees up my goal is to keep the LED close and just try to develop a canopy with these, they are all topped or fim'd. Ill clone another if the one in the middle dies its not looking too hot, I want to keep this strain going for as long as I can.

Ok I think I got all I wanted to say! Well Hello everyone and its good to be back!!

Hi guys its been quite awhile since I was active on here. You can check out my first time ever growing Here.

The Setup
As of right now I am running a TSL1000 in a 2x2x5 for my Veg and Clone room, and my old 1000W LED and 3x3 tent for Flowering. Both tents and lights are from Mars Hydro.

The Genetics
White Widow from Seedsman seeds, Not feminized just regular it was a freebie in a order I decided to grow first. Next might just be another bag seed or if the Widow turns out good enough I might pop a Red Hot Cookies from Sweet Seeds.

The Medium

The Nutes
Blue Planet Nutrients Farmers Pride. I love these nutes, and I only grow organic! I don't know if they still are a sponsor here but 420 forums are where I found them and ill never look back.

~Week 4 in Flower
This was supposed to be a mother plant but it got wayyy to big for my space way to fast so into flower it went!
IMG_9943.JPG

IMG_9945.JPG

last feed was 823 ppm and so far it has no issues taking it (it was deficient in phosphorus). I super-cropped this plant some and topped it once early on in its life, never tied it back really at all and it topped out nice I think! The plant is in a 7 Gallon square smartpot.

~Week 10 Veg
IMG_9952.JPG

I'm trying to keep them small until the bigger tent frees up my goal is to keep the LED close and just try to develop a canopy with these, they are all topped or fim'd. Ill clone another if the one in the middle dies its not looking too hot, I want to keep this strain going for as long as I can.

Ok I think I got all I wanted to say! Well Hello everyone and its good to be back!!
Hey @MJGrowinCat welcome back, hope you are well. Your garden looks fantastic. Just a thought Your babies in the clone tent, what light do you have in there led,hps. I know my babies when im trying to root and get them going don't like bright light. Low watt led works great for me. Just 2 cents :Namaste:
Happy growing friend.

The Setup

The Genetics
White Widow from Seedsman seeds, Not feminized just regular it was a freebie in a order I decided to grow first. Next might just be another bag seed or if the Widow turns out good enough I might pop a Red Hot Cookies from Sweet Seeds.

The Medium

The Nutes

~Week 4 in Flower
IMG_9943.JPG

IMG_9945.JPG

~Week 10 Veg
IMG_9952.JPG

I just saw your other post. Mars hydro ts 1000. So that's what 150 ish watts.
Great for vegging your rooted girls but a little strong for babies imo. :peace:

Great for vegging your rooted girls but a little strong for babies imo. :peace:

You can dim them way down, I know it looks real bright in the picture but thats just my camera flash. The 4 big ones I rooted in my flower tent just kinda hiding them from direct light. I guess well see if its still too bright at the lowest setting, I really hope not lol.

You can dim them way down, I know it looks real bright in the picture but thats just my camera flash. The 4 big ones I rooted in my flower tent just kinda hiding them from direct light. I guess well see if its still too bright at the lowest setting, I really hope not lol.
I didn't realize it was dimmable great. And flash didn't help me judge light.
If its working then no need to change. Happy growing friend.

What happen to you?

Your first grow looks sweet, how did it smoke?

Anyways, welcome back,

Tok..
Moved states twice, helped a buddy grow dro in one of those states and really put my knowledge from the first grow to use there. Other than that Ive just been working a lot.... except the last 2 years lol. Now that things have calmed down some I wanted to get back to growing because I enjoy the hobby a lot.

The bud was ok better than the bud the seed came from so I considered it a win, not very potent or very dense, but it smoked smooth and for a first grow I was very happy. Hoping this white widow will be nice and bulky, Ive definetly never fed enough in soil before to get good dense buds.

Ok so I went in my written journal and I turned the lights to 12/12 on 3/3. So its been 6 weeks since the switch, I'm not sure exactly when flowers started showing but it wasn't too soon after that. I think I'm going to feed again today because this is the first plain water it got through without showing signs of a deficiency I think shell take the boost :)

IMG_9967.JPG
IMG_9970.JPG

Flower Tent

Another week down and shes starting to show signs of chunk... I like it. I'm still pumping this plant full of nutes, I know it was a little deficient going into flower but damn every other water and she seems super happy. This last feed was 6.3 PH and 1080 PPM I loaded this water up with molasses too. I like to do this 3 times during flowering once after I switch the lights, once right about now and once again as a last water. It starting to get warm here and the temps in the tent are at about 80-85 sometimes at the top cola :( humidity is perfect though and I'm thinking about dropping it lower than 40% during the last week because Ive read that that has a chance to increase trichome production. I think right now I'm about 3 weeks from harvest, I really want to give this plant the proper time to mature. Here she is
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

Clone Land

So I got around to transplanting the clones that were in solos into their final 5 Gallon smart pots, I used the same mix of Happy Frog, Ocean Forest, and some Perlite that I used for mom in the 7 Gallon. I really should have taken pics of these root balls they were huge lol the whole cup all the way to the top, Microcorrazine powder is amazing this is the first time Ive ever used this stuff. I might get in there and tie the two in the back down and train them, its cramped in this little veg tent LOL.
IMG_0054.JPG

The clone in the Solo is recovering now that its out of my improvised room and showing some signs of growth, keeping the Widow dream alive!
IMG_0056.JPG

Back with another update for anyone following along!
I found a date for when pre-flowers started to show and it was 3/15 so I switched to 12/12 on 3/3 and hit the Flowering stage a little later. That makes this week 7 of flower, still hoping for a harvest in the next 2 weeks or so.

She started to yellow some but most of the pistils are still white and the trics are all clear. I hit it with a huge feed 1910 ppm from here on out I'm just going to plain water besides another molasses water in there somewhere. Some days have been super hot so she fox tailed some nothing too bad though:ganjamon:. Not really much interesting going on in flower this is the worst part for me, haha must be patient!
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

Veg is where things have gotten interesting, for better or worse lol. So Ive been lurking in the alot of the threads around here and seeing what everyone else has been up to, those threads with all the beautiful trained plants got to me. So I ended up tying 2 of the clones down. It was probably wayy to late to try and start training them and I realize that now but all well. Here is what the little tent looks like, making use of all the space I can LOL.
IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

There is a deficiency in the veg tent and it looks to me like potassium this time, its not very bad but there is some claw going on. Waiting on a dry cycle to fix the issue I don't want to drown them.

The little clone in the solo has roots spitting out everywhere and looks really good.
IMG_0076.JPG

That's all I got for right now, Thanks for the read!:peace:

Hey Cat :welcome: back. Congrats on the roots there. It’s always a relief when a cutting takes.
Your mention of white widow caught my eye. I’ve never grown or tried it before, but those namesakes of mine in your garden have got me excited about it all over again!
As far as training goes, so long as you’re still in veg you’re fine. The older a plant gets, the more your LST turns into HST as you have to get the pliers out, but they’ll still go where you put’em.
I topped my WW (again) yesterday and took a cup of cuts.
What is the medium you are growing in there? I wonder why you have to keep resetting the ppm and pH.

Hi Donkey, this strain tunred out to be super easy to clone so I am thankful for that lol. I'm growing in Fox Farm HF and OF soil with some perlite added. I make note of the ppm of each feed of my nutrient solution, I was honestly looking for the point where the plant couldn't take anymore so I knew how far to push it during the next run. Ive been seeing a lot of people don't PH the water they feed with in soil as the soil auto corrects it? or something I am not to sure of. All I know is if I don't PH my water things get weird with the plants. This is the first time I am going to harvest out of this setup, its been boxed up for 4 years SMH, anyway im excited and honestly probobly forgot how to do some stuff properly, so my feeding could be wrong.

Hey well you sound like you know what you’re doing and anyway your results speak for themselves. You’d trained that mother plant out to be a muti-topped monster.
The myco you’ve been adding does the pH buffering in soil, but don’t change a thing.
Halfway to harvest :cheer:

White Widow mom is moving on to 48 hrs of dark then its getting the chop. Lots of amber on the main colas and some on the lower canopy, I really gotta get things moving along so I can move the 4 clones over to the bigger tent. Here she is.
IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

Im ready to trim LOL, hope its some good smoke! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom