The Cazzy Shack, A Grow Shed Build

YzMedic

The name comes from my 8 y/o Vizsla named Caz. I got him when he was 5 from a family who couldn’t handle his amazing loving personality and crazy amounts of fun energy. He likes to go dirt biking with me. Unfortunately back in Janurary he was diagnosed with a severe cancer in his blood. So far he is fighting the good fight and after his surgery he has not shown any symptoms thanks to the medicine he is on. So the shed is going to be named after him.
Started this build back in November of 2018. Hoping to start growing inside it by the end of May or June. I am an Electrician with framing experience. Plan on growing in my Under Current System along with the Doc Bud High Brix Kit. Just mixed my soil so it will be ready in a month. I have a veg room that is 5x6 with just under 10ft ceilings. The flower room is 8x9 with 10ft ceilings.

I have a 60amp sub panel with multiple circuits for each room. Separate circuits for ac in each room and 120v and 240v outlets in the ceiling for lights. Will be doing a combo of LED and HID supplemental UV Fluence lighting in the Flower room. I will be doing a grow journal when I get started. On each wall I have 2 gang duplex outlets 15amp for fans at 4ft. Then a single duplex outlet at 20in for anything else that is 20amp.

I plan on setting up a sink with some sort of drainage. Running water will be via outdoor faucet from my house to an outdoor faucet on the shed so that it can be disconnected during the winter months.

For environment controls I have a stand alone portable ac and portable heater. Might change it to baseboard electric heat. Plan on getting a split unit eventually. I am going to run ventilation pipes in the attic area for vent fans and ac exhaust. Still need some help on this area.
82C3FF8E-4C9B-4694-B5E4-CA8A62C7A974.jpeg
27D46122-8C20-4B1C-9CA0-59C2DF7135C4.jpeg

Any questions comments or suggestions are more than welcome. Wish I was able to post more pictures but I was difficult doing it during the winter with the sun setting at 4pm. I live in Mass.
This is Caz
3DD3D475-E60E-4446-9478-429DFEFAFCAA.jpeg

Electrical is done. Have lots of lights to work and plenty of outlets. I would rather look at an outlet that look for one.
I ran 4, 2 gang outlets with 120 and 240 at each in the flower room and 2 of the same in the veg room.
There are 3 20 amp duplex outlets in each room on 2 separate circuits. 1 20amp outlet in each room for ac on 2 separate circuits.
4 15amp 2 gang duplex outlets on each wall at 4/5 ft for fans. I think I ran one circuit for this along with some of the work lights. Oscillating fans won’t be using much power. I put multiple outlets all over the shed. Also have a vent fan for the work area for smoking and clearing out any stale air. I have spot lights all around since my outdoor garden is right outside.

04795307-70EE-4657-92F0-B814E4D3C0B1.jpeg
B307BF0A-3AD7-4934-8207-70F601C35084.jpeg
32544D1E-C618-4FDE-98CD-C9ED85A1FB94.jpeg
8EAE9F83-CA59-4413-864B-BB8448EB877E.jpeg
6B5CE13E-472B-4522-B6BD-ECB1504A7318.jpeg
12E87D5E-327C-45C1-B72E-B965B316F312.jpeg
ACA9AF78-1352-4A4E-9F51-57A34BDFED5B.jpeg
FBD227EA-B61B-4A86-BCDC-028E35AB00CF.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your sick buddy :(

This is an amazing build and will make some epic grow spaces.

Couple questions to help figure out your venting.

Do you know how many watts of lights and what kind you plan on running?

How much ac power are you working with?

Are you growing directly in the rooms or in tents inside of the shed?

Amazing start :high-five: :passitleft:

Hey @YzMedic! Wow! Now that's a grow shed. Well done on the build my friend it looks so awesome and i'm looking forward to seeing the end result!! :bravo::yahoo: You've got some great carpentry & electic skills. This is going to be one real grow show! :ganjamon::bongrip: So sorry to hear Caz is i'll - he is a beautiful dog.
Looking forward to your journal :Namaste: See you around

Sorry to hear about your sick buddy :(

This is an amazing build and will make some epic grow spaces.

Couple questions to help figure out your venting.

Do you know how many watts of lights and what kind you plan on running?

How much ac power are you working with?

Are you growing directly in the rooms or in tents inside of the shed?

Amazing start :high-five::passitleft:
Thank you. So far Caz is going great. Just got a check up and so far the cancer has not spread to the lungs heart or liver yet which where they say they see it next. Hope he will be with us for our wedding in September seeing how he is my best man lol.
So for the shed....
Lights in the flower room 8x9
-2 Bloom Boss Trusun LED panels. 5x5 using 500 watts each.
-2 1000DE Gavita HPS.
-will be adding either a fluence UV or us my 4ftx4 T5 with UV
lights in the Veg Room 6x5
4ftx4 T5
-2 Bloom Boss Trusun led panel. These are a lot smaller. 2x2 using 110watts each.

I plan on growing right in the rooms. I will add a drawing of the layout of the shed.

Ac I’m running currently is a portable unit. I will have to check the size when I get home. More than able to cool the whole 12x16 shed and then some. I was planning on leaving it in the flower room and using a fan to move it over to the veg room when the veg room needed to cool down. Have it hooked up to a plug in thermostat with the sensor sitting in the room. Each room has a dedicated circuit for ac if needed. I will be adding a split ac/heat pump when I can afford it. Probably end of this year beginning of next year. Maybe I’ll add it to my wedding registry lol. Jk.

Hey @YzMedic! Wow! Now that's a grow shed. Well done on the build my friend it looks so awesome and i'm looking forward to seeing the end result!! :bravo::yahoo: You've got some great carpentry & electic skills. This is going to be one real grow show! :ganjamon::bongrip: So sorry to hear Caz is i'll - he is a beautiful dog.
Looking forward to your journal :Namaste: See you around
Thanks. Guess it paid off doing framing growing up. Caz is very special. He is next to me now. Thanks for the kind words. Can’t wait to start a grow in there.

Back
Top Bottom