The Church

This strain (3 plants) was in my first medical grow last winter. There were no problems at all with the grow. It finished relatively quickly compared to the other strains in the room (super lemon haze, nyc diesel, monster). It has become a favorite. Each plant yielded about an ounce of medicine. It has a very earthy musky smell in the jar and it smokes smoothly. We find it potent as a pain reliever; the high is strong but usually not too distracting. Two of the plants had very fat buds and those we cloned for the next grow. The clones were top cropped and it looks like that will improve yield at two or three weeks before harvest.

The_Church_about_three_months_after_planting_April_7_2012_001.JPG

The Church at three months...ready for flowering.

A further note on The Church...
I am in a grow of six plants, four are The Church, cloned from the best plants of my first grow. Two plants are Super Lemon Haze. Last week we had some rain and high humidity. I didn't increase my night time ventilation fan time and the humidity got to 80%. The next morning on inspecting my plants I noted one of the SLH plants had mold in the two biggest colas. I cut them off and burned them in the woodstove. The other plant was fine and The Church lived up to its reputation for resisting mold.
Check your plants every day and ruthlessly get rid of mold if all your best efforts fail to prevent it.

Wow, I am impressed from the bullshit genetics from greenhouse which I swore to stay away from you may have just sold a pack lol

Ive seen that opinion before, seems to come from people who talk more than grow.

The Church from Greenhouse Seed Co. is a very stable, easy to grow strain that is also mold resistant. It is a slow starter and a very heavy feeder. Packs a serious punch. It is all I grow anymore.

Those nugs look delicious. o.o I'm drooling.... I'd love long-lasting body high, all the stuff around here is body-heavy but ends quickly, at least for me.... I'll have to keep an eye out for this one!

im growing the church cropping 2 plants/clones every 2 weeks in a cycle. my humidity was very high around 75% lights on 90% lights off as im growing in a basement. I have had a spot of mold on my first plants as id turn my outtake off at night and the humidity shot up to 99%. any other strain would grow shrooms lol

I have nothing but good things to say about "The Church". Everybody that has tried it took no more than 2 hits and did not want anymore sometimes just a one hitter, it,s straightt to the head very quick that's why their done. I like to smoke a little more maybe two bowls. It's great for listening to live music and even playing. Had a band tell me it was great , it's very social , mine was very light on the body, just relaxed not numbing. You want INDICA. This is like 70/30 S/I.
Long lasting buzz or high. Works great for a wake and bake.
DSCF49282.JPG
DSCF48971.JPG
DSCF48863.JPG
DSCF4927.JPG
DSCF48932.JPG
DSCF48813.JPG
DSCF49152.JPG

This strain looks like it would be awesome to make a daytime concentrated oil from. Bet it would motivate a broke down mule. Great pics! Thank you for the excellent review.

It appears that next year, The church is going to be expanding its religious experiences.

Church of the Blue Dream. Male Church X Female Blue Dream.
Blue Church. Female Church X Male Blue Dream.
Hazey Tangerine Church. Lemon Tangerine Haze Female X Church Male.

Every one of these combos was so freaking good, I got my bible out.

Once the GasX-chromo was done on a Church female, and it came back like 18%+ thc... the mixer was inevitable.

Re: The Chruch

I read the genetics was Swiss sativa, skunk, super skunk, northern lights and that is had a long lasting cerebral high w/ social effect . I was thinking about picking up some a Green House but after reading your review I am not sure it seems like too much body high.
Looking for something cerebral on the creative side more sativa 70-80% w/ a little buzz but no couch lock. Maybe you have a suggestion .

super lemon haze will be a good one for u art fog..im a huge super lemon haze fan..its the only strain i have grew from greenhouse and its been the bomb

Hello all. I definitely consider myself to be a new grower, as I have started grows in the past, but never had a successful harvest. I've played with soil and hydro, and based off of my personal trial and error I definitely know where I went wrong. Through experience I've learned for me when in hydro just watch the PH and steer clear of organics. Although I must say before doing more research I did put some honey in my rez with no ill affects. In soil, just let it dry out and buffer itself.My problem used to be over watering and burning up young seedlings. I'm on a solid program now with my clones. This is an old thread, but I'm currently growing the strain and having a lot of fun doing so. Would love to revive this thread or start anew about The Church strain. I'm open to any suggestions and tips for ensuring a bountiful harvest, so feel free to check out my gallery and/or grow journal and comment.

20170308_115942.jpg
20170308_120033.jpg
20170308_115925.jpg
20170308_115803.jpg
20170305_073020.jpg
20170305_072718.jpg

Back
Top Bottom