The Collection- 3 bongs, 5 bubblers and 1 happy toker!

Pedestrian

Finally got around to doing a little photo shoot of the collection all together. As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm a huge fan of water pieces, and that is all I ever buy. I also enjoy unique, one-of-a-kind pieces, and my aim is to have a collection of pieces where each has it's own very distinct personality and purpose. Even though glass like this doesn't come cheap, I like to think of it as an investment in functional art :-D

Enjoy!!

All together:

IMG_02907.JPG

Sitting in their usual spots:

IMG_02667.JPG

My bong made by PURE glass:

IMG_03113.jpg

IMG_01875.jpg

IMG_01797.JPG

The ROOR, of course:

IMG_03125.jpg

One of the most efficient pieces I've ever used:

IMG_03087.jpg

My newest addition, a stunning piece blown by Matt Beale. This specific bubbler was showcased by him in Las Vegas a little while back at some glass expo, and he was planning to keep it for his personal collection. Luckily, the head shop I got it from convinced him to let them have it, and then eventually ended up in my hands. This thing came with a stand, and is just amazing to look at.

IMG_03036.jpg

IMG_03046.jpg

IMG_03057.jpg

A simple and very effective piece that I actually bought in order to get a discount on the piece above. I still love it though.

IMG_03016.jpg

My crazy lil inline perc bubbler:

IMG_02986.JPG

"Nessy" the double bub:

IMG_02994.JPG

"007" the little gun-looking stemless bub:

IMG_03006.JPG

The pre-cooler on that Pure makes my head hurt...

Wow that is awesome, how does it hit? :bongrip:

I was actually very surprised at how hard it hit, especially considering how little water is put in it (I can only fill it up to the top of those bottom bulges or else the water pulls through). I christened it with some stellar White Berry, and it ended up being a one hit wonder as I was wonderfully toasted after just one toke. I really expected this piece to be more about the beauty over the function, but I'm happy to say it flourishes at both.

I'm pretty sure American RooRs don't get signatures.

I hate to break it to you, but that Roor is not real. It has no signature, and Roor never made red labels with percs. All the real perculated Roors had either a white, or a black lable. I'm sure it smokes well either way though

Yeah, I recently learned that it is (at least supposedly) an American made Roor, and the true real Roors are German, and none of the German Roors have percs. But now the American "Roor" lost its right to the name, and switched to Sheldon Black. Now do you think it is just a Roor that was made in the American branch, or just a complete fake all together? It does smoke quite well, though.

Needless to say, I was pretty bummed when I found this out. It's all good though, I was able to rid my woes by buying a real Roor, with signature and the word of a very reputable head shop :)

i think it is fake all together. The American made Roors with percs only had white and black lables, and they were very small lables...and the Roor US contract has been rebought. Sheldon Black was the CEO of Roor US, but is not anymore. not he runs Sheldon Black waterpipes, and LUx. I have a 7 arm diff downstem sheldon with a beaker bottom, and a sheldon bubbler with a 5 arm perc. i really like his work

Ahh, that sucks. Thanks for letting me know though. It is pretty frustrating to know that there are decently sized and stocked head shops that either purposefully rip their customers off, or aren't knowledgable enough to even know they are selling fakes. I'm in the process of making a new picture thread with all of my new glass, and if you are still online, I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me if the new Roor I bought is the real deal or not.

i need to take pictures of all my pieces, and throw them up on here. i only made my account a few hours ago, so im forst trying to figure out how to navigate the site all properly and stuff.:roorrip:

:welcome: Well welcome to the community! (I'm not the most seasoned member, so I wouldn't consider myself much of a welcome committee, but welcome nonetheless). You definitely know your glass, so I'm excited to see pics of your collection as well :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom