The color Purple - Good idea or will it backfire?

KarlJay

The other guy involved in this grow REALLY stresses the color Purple.

I've heard tricks:
- lower lights off temps to about 60
- add blue berry to the soil or folier feeding
- buy an additive to make it purple.

Someone said they turn purple because the green leaves and the purple remains but it weakens the product.

This strain is supposed to be strong, so a bit weaker might not be a bad thing.

I just really need some insight from someone that knows if these things work.

I'll have my 24,000 BTU A/C installed and working tomorrow, so I can make my house into a fridge if I wanted to.

Q. can I add blueberries to the watering?

Do any of the additives work for making them purple?

No no no. Don't add blueberries to anything but your compost pile. They wont help.anyway. you can lower your temps to get purple but it tends to do more harm than good. Impacts yield stresses plants etc. Not to mention powdery mildew loves warm days cool nights.

The purple occurs in cold temps as the chlorophyll is essentially "choked out" -chlorophyll is essential to photosynthesis so why shoot urself in the foot?

Properly grown herb will be top shelf and catch a matching price regardless of color don't go chasing dumb advice and quarter truths. Feed the soil and let the.plant do what its evolved to do. The options u mention will do more harm than good. If u want purple get ahold of a true purp pheno

As much as I agree with the guy above, if you're bent on turning her purple, I've always read and been told to lower light temps and start giving it ice cold water. Apparently about a week before harvest. This will apparently "shock" the plant, bringing out the purple.

Take this with a grain of salt, I've never attempted this. So do some more of your own research and make a choice.

I agree with canna and duramax. Ive actually tried the blueberries but they were organic. I made a huge organic fruit shake a week before harvest and feed a gallon of it to my plants. They came out to be purple and bluish hue. Just make sure any fruit you give your plant is organic. It takes a while for the color to appear so dont lose hope on it if you try this

besides that its a good way to get carbo into your plants so trichs and resin will be nice :)

Guys, the purple colour in most of the plants comes from one of the metabolite that plants use to make other more complex molecules. This transformation of the purple molecule to the more complex is conducted by thermosensitive enzyme. This enzyme work only in higher temperatures, so when you lower the temps, the enzyme stops working and you are piling up this purple molecule. But it also stops the metabolism path, so you´re taking away this possibility of the plant making something useful(more THC?). I think it´s a matter of choice, you can have pretty but less potent plant or green superhigh. Blueberry juice is in my opinion rubbish, because plant doesn´t take what she doesn´t want, at least not in quantity you would recognize. Also don´t foliar feed with ANYTHING sweet-that is a recipe for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom