The Dog House

Interesting, your plants are 3-4 days ahead of me and are noticeably more mature in the nugs. As you know AK48 is supposed to be about a 7-9 week flower, so fairly short.

Interesting, your plants are 3-4 days ahead of me and are noticeably more mature in the nugs. As you know AK48 is supposed to be about a 7-9 week flower, so fairly short.

I don't have a definitive answer for that, but I think I have a few ideas. Mine were started from clones so they were very mature (in age) by the time I switched to flower. Plants started from seed grow faster (in size) than clones. The 5 day difference is A LOT of time at this point of flowering. The strain difference is a part of it as well. The PK is a pure Indica, very short and dense. Where as your AK's grow taller and fuller, with a little less density to the flowers.

Don't worry, Bass. Those AK's are doing just fine, and are right on track :thumb:

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Day 46 or so with the Purple Kush. Brought them out of the tent for the first time in awhile. I wanted to do a thorough inspection of the leaves, checking for any powdery mildew or anything else out of whack. Everything looks fine!

Being out of the tent allowed me to notice some pretty colors coming in :thumb:

420_477.jpg

420_478.jpg

420_479.jpg

420_480.jpg

420_481.jpg

420_482.jpg

420_483.jpg

420_485.jpg

420_485.jpg

420_486.jpg

420_487.jpg

The yellowing of the fan leaves has started to come on fairly fast. Scoped the trichs a lot of cloudy but still some clear. I'm very happy with how this grow is turning out!

Day 51! Getting close. These girls are getting frosty with trichs. I started freaking myself out staring into the the inside flowers thinking..."Is that mold" (yeah I talk out loud to myself and my plants) "nah there is none on any leaves" I finally scoped a little bit just to make sure. I'm so dang paranoid about PM and I've never grown plants this triched out before. I'm thinking the weekend is harvest time with the way things are looking.

I tried to get some pics so you all could see the color changing we have going on here, its hard with my limited camera. A few give you a good idea on color.

420_489.jpg

420_490.jpg

420_491.jpg

420_492.jpg

420_493.jpg

420_494.jpg

420_495.jpg

420_496.jpg

420_497.jpg

420_498.jpg

420_499.jpg

420_500.jpg

420_501.jpg

420_502.jpg

420_504.jpg

:thumb:

Day 61 for the Purple Kush. Harvest tomorrow :thumb:

I thought about cutting them down last weekend but they just kept putting on mass so I let em go longer. I'm sure glad I did, this last week they have transformed drastically. Big fan leaves are yellowing badly with smaller fan leaves taking on a beautiful dark purple color. I will really miss coming home from work and staring at these beautiful little girls.

A few pics before the last lights out :rip:

420_505.jpg

420_506.jpg

420_507.jpg

420_508.jpg

I'll post some nug pics, along with the smoke report soon. Smell is getting nice and fruity when I open the jars. Total weight is close to three ounces.

I've tried some already. Taste is very nice with a little grape/fruit type of taste that slightly overpowers the earthy kush flavor. Smoke is smooth on the lungs with a larger than expected exhale. Relaxation kicks in almost instantly with this Purple Kush. First hit kicks in very fast, after two or three get comfortable :)

Thank you to everyone that visited this journal :thanks:

The Purple Kush won Plant of the Month in December! :high-five: 420 Magazine's Plant of the Month: December 2011

Smoke report remains the same except the flavor has become more grape like, and very tasty. Jar smell has become nice and fruity along with that traditional kush type of scent. No way can I medicate with this during the day...if I need to accomplish something. Very relaxing, pain killing type of effect. I gave some to a good friend of mine. His recommendation is for his back, two herniated disks. He said it really helps him fall asleep quickly. I agree!

Mods, you can move this journal to completed. I realized I cannot keep up with a perpetual journal. From now on I will journal each grow separately.

Thanks again everyone here at :420: :thanks: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom