The Dreaded Yellow Droopy Leaves

I know this is a common question, but I'm still not quite sure what's happening to my plant. It's a Dream Queen which is Sativa dominant (70%). Growing outdoors in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil.

She was doing great for the 8 weeks of veg and is now in about 5 weeks of flower. About 2 weeks ago the upper leaves started yellowing and the plant in general started looking droopy. It's one of 5 plants (different strains) in my grow and it's the only one with this problem. All plants are on the same water schedule and with the fiber pots I really don't think it's getting over watered.
The plant of concern is on the far left. I did discover that the bloom nutrient feed (Botanicare Bloom 20ml/gal, Cal-Mag 5ml/gal) was too low of pH (5.0). I've now been nutrient feeding adjusted to 6.5 pH. I also switched to Emerald Harvest Bloom A/B at 5ml/gal. The pH adjustment is minor on this one. It's been a couple weeks now, but not any improvement that I can tell.

What are your thoughts?

Too make it a little easier to see, I put side by side shots at different dates.
Dream Queen 10.jpg

Out of completeness, I'm replying here with the resolution. It was indeed a nitrogen deficiency even though it was 3 weeks into flower. I was also under-feeding it - only giving it one gallon of nutrients in a 20-gallon pot. I doubled the nutrient feed to 2 gallons and I bumped up the nitrogen ratio.
3 weeks later, all the yellow leaves dropped, but the newer growth has remained green and healthy.

Out of completeness, I'm replying here with the resolution. It was indeed a nitrogen deficiency even though it was 3 weeks into flower. I was also under-feeding it - only giving it one gallon of nutrients in a 20-gallon pot. I doubled the nutrient feed to 2 gallons and I bumped up the nitrogen ratio.
3 weeks later, all the yellow leaves dropped, but the newer growth has remained green and healthy.

Hi, I am sorry no-one was here to help you out.
The Queen is truly stunning. I am happy to see you found a solution to your problem. You can always PM me if you need any further help.

Thanks for the reply! I started a grow journal and got excellent help there. I just wanted to post the resolution here in case somebody dropped in to this thread looking for answers. :peace:

Indeed, it would be scary to imagine. As it was, she was in a 20 gallon pot and ended up yielding a pound (450 grams) of bud. Her sister, a Sour Diesel, was in a 25 gallon pot and reached nearly 7 ft (2 meters). :ganjamon:

I'm growing some berrybomb and am also having a lot of yellowing. I thought I was under-feeding, so I upped it and then saw some nute burn, so I went back to normal feeding. They are week 8 of flower now, I'm gonna just let them ride it out at this point. I do need to find a proper remedy since I have 5 more in veg.

Maybe it has something to do with the blueberry strains? Just thinking out loud.

Are the plants that are still in veg also showing yellowing? Do you have a picture to share? That would help us to understand your situation better.

Are the plants that are still in veg also showing yellowing? Do you have a picture to share? That would help us to understand your situation better.
No, I had zero yellowing in veg with any of my plants. They started yellowing around week 5 of flower. The pictures are in my berry bomb journal but they are hard to see due the lighting.

I just took a quick look at your journal pics - you're right, it's hard to see due to the lighting. I would think that for 8 weeks into flowering, the larger fan leaves yellow and drop is kinda normal. Your grow is an indoor grow, so unfortunately I don't have any personal experience to better help you since I am an "outdoor only" grower. To me, your plant looked ok.

Back
Top Bottom