The Drying / Curing

Curing dies -55% RH

Here's a good reading on curing if you're interested...

Curing dies -55% RH

Here's a good reading on curing if you're interested...

Thank you for that! My drying room is at 20-21 celcius and about 57-60% humidity I allowed the plants to dry for about 9 days. They are crispy feeling. When I put the mini Hygrometers after trimming, in the jars they read 55% but i believe they are about -5% but who knows haha. Pretty sure they are over dried slightly but hopefully not to a loss

Thank you for that! My drying room is at 20-21 celcius and about 57-60% humidity I allowed the plants to dry for about 9 days. They are crispy feeling. When I put the mini Hygrometers after trimming, in the jars they read 55% but i believe they are about -5% but who knows haha. Pretty sure they are over dried slightly but hopefully not to a loss
You can toss a 62 % boveda in, or when jarring include a few stems.

Honestly, the take a read of the post of linked, or just the thread (there's tons of solid info in there!!). Curing is the last part, but needs just as much planning as the grow or the final product of the harvest will be less then ideal.

You can toss a 62 % boveda in, or when jarring include a few stems.

Honestly, the take a read of the post of linked, or just the thread (there's tons of solid info in there!!). Curing is the last part, but needs just as much planning as the grow or the final product of the harvest will be less then ideal.
I have already done that :)

My drying room is at 20-21 celcius and about 57-60% humidity

If your drying room doesn’t get drier than that, then the bud in there can’t really get drier than that, so you should be fine.

I wasn’t sure I believed this ‘over-dried won’t cure’ thing. I did try testing it once -drying some of a harvest to a complete crisp, then rehydrating, jarring, and curing for a month or two- vs the rest of that harvest bud which was dried properly first.
In that case - yeah the overdried bud wasn’t good - definitely had a sort of bitter almost chemical ‘off’ smell and taste. Still got me high the same. The properly dried part of the batch was very good.

In that experiment I dried it much drier than 55%. I remain sceptical about there being a black and white dividing line right at 55% RH. But who knows. I’ll do more testing someday.

It’s good to be sceptical about stuff. It’s a proven fact that 99.9 percent of ‘facts’ you read on internet forums are just people repeating ‘stuff they read somewhere’. You can quote me on that.

Back
Top Bottom