The Dudes Abode: An UrbanAchiever Joint

Got a few more. I think we are getting close on one or two plants. Main colas trichomes are milky with a few amber. Some clear ones on lower sites.

very pretty loving all the colors bud!:)

Thanks man, you and me both, this is my favourite time of the grow. Not just because the flowering but the colours they show off. Really fun to watch.

But also excited because we are closing in on the chop chop.

Great looking ladies there Urb. VERY high quality pics too. Gonna have to get out my camera now that I have some flowers to take pics of.

On legalization - I agree 100% with what you say. Winers wining because they can.

Meh... like you said we gotta start somewhere. Canada is #1 leading the world so he that's something that will only get better.

The 4 plant max was implemented to get the law past. IF you have a med patient you are growing for and get your paperwork done, you can grow more weed than you ever will be able to process on a personal level. So the doors are open for the craft business. Get a family member a medical card and grow for your fam. Done.
Problems solved.

I'm in a state that I cannot get a legal grow license because it's politics as usual and greed/money making greasing the cog of progress.

As long as that shit is in play, so will the alternative markets stay in play.

One thing that comes to mind reading your thoughts. You seem to take the line that everyone including the politicians and business people follow the law and do the right thing. We know that is not true. Not arguing your points, I agree with them but just be aware it's not a perfect world.

I would be considered a criminal in my state. Does that make me greedy?? No it doesn't. Are there politicians in my state that are greedy and have set up the cannabis laws to benefit themselves and not the people that elected them - you bet. My point, its not black and white right and wrong.

Greed is wrong. Wanting the ability to make a living growing a plant doesn't make people greedy.

In Canada I can sorta compare this weed thing to the beer industry. Used to be Labatt's and Molson and that was what you could get made in Canada. Now it's much different thankfully and the prices are better now than they were 15 years ago as it the quality.

The weed industry in Canada has a long way to go. Thankfully its now legal and people like me don't have to worry about going to jail and can actually make some coin if they get the proper paperwork together.

I often speak in exaggerations and generalizations when making a point or telling a story.

I basically was trying to say that the recreational legalization framework is good for us recreational users/growers.

I was also poking holes through another viewpoints assertion that it’s not full legalization, or that it was prohibition 2.0.

I generally suspect that those unhappy with our legalization framework have financial stakes in the situation. As my old government supervisor once told me “it’s not our job to keep a company afloat, it’s our job to be fair and equitable”.

The only thing we could have done better is; provide more opportunity to craft growers, limit the ability for excessively large companies, and protect the medical cannabis supply.

It’s a good start.

i agree its a good start. Not afraid to admit i was one of the "prohibition 2.0" believers, but i have since changed my tune and am appreciative of the stress release that comes with having some plants at home being legal.

i like the way my old man put it the other day though, "they should just call it the weed tax" and like you mentioned urbs, id rather the tax money be going into hospitals, schools, etc. than criminals.

i use to have skin in the game a number of years ago and although i dealt with, what i would consider criminals (scooter clubs, russians) on the odd occasion, the majority of people i knew were hard working blue collar family men with a little room/basement/shed, pound or two every couple months, to help support their family and pay the bills. i wouldnt call them criminals.

but these are the people most likely tp be whining. Taken their extra yearly income/livelihood, which fed their local economy, and handed it to big corporations, wealthy investors and the tax man.

there is definitely room for improvement, but on the larger scale, they did a decent job of dotting their i's and crossing their t's.

Two decisions made today.

1-This will not be a perpetual journal. I will start a fresh one for the next grow. I prefer the ones where I keep my opinions related to growing cannabis lol.

2- I will be growing 2 Seedsman Skunk #1, 1 CKS CB Dream, and 1 CKS Crown Royal. Feminized seeds. To be dropped next week.

I took a few of the fan leaves off the top of the plant I think will be the first to chop. I think it’s coming down Friday. The berry smelling Gift of Fire F2.

I also had to pick up my first pair of glasses. Seems I am a big blind up close lol. The joys of getting older.

Edit: I over bent a larf stem the other day so
I snipped it off the plant and dried it. Rolled a J and took a few puffs. It was dry but still a bit green, smoked all right. I think it’s Gift of Fire F2, pretty good uplifting stuff.

Two decisions made today.

1-This will not be a perpetual journal. I will start a fresh one for the next grow. I prefer the ones where I keep my opinions related to growing cannabis lol.

2- I will be growing 2 Seedsman Skunk #1, 1 CKS CB Dream, and 1 CKS Crown Royal. Feminized seeds. To be dropped next week.

I took a few of the fan leaves off the top of the plant I think will be the first to chop. I think it’s coming down Friday. The berry smelling Gift of Fire F2.

I also had to pick up my first pair of glasses. Seems I am a big blind up close lol. The joys of getting older.

Edit: I over bent a larf stem the other day so
I snipped it off the plant and dried it. Rolled a J and took a few puffs. It was dry but still a bit green, smoked all right. I think it’s Gift of Fire F2, pretty good uplifting stuff.
hey urb we have to get a tester in whenever we can I love testing those screwups lol!:laugh:

hey urb we have to get a tester in whenever we can I love testing those screwups lol!:laugh:

I gotta admit I wasn’t unhappy about the sacrifice, it’s pretty good stuff. Can tell it’s not cured but can also tell it’s going to be a great buzz.

The only thing we could have done better is; provide more opportunity to craft growers, limit the ability for excessively large companies, and protect the medical cannabis supply.

It’s a good start.

It is a good start. Let the situation play out.

The shareholders gonna get pissed at the corporate growers because they don't have the plants to back up the claims they made to sell the stocks.

The market is young and has a long ways to go.

Gonna enjoy the ride! :passitleft:

PJ said:
but these are the people most likely tp be whining. Taken their extra yearly income/livelihood, which fed their local economy, and handed it to big corporations, wealthy investors and the tax man.

That's a great point.

Should make it so craft growers can get weed tested and if it meets the same standards as the corporate growers weed, take it down to the dispensaries and get your $5/gm and all problems solved.

Get a med card and get paperwork. Grow more weed.

I often speak in exaggerations and generalizations when making a point or telling a story.

I basically was trying to say that the recreational legalization framework is good for us recreational users/growers.

I was also poking holes through another viewpoints assertion that it’s not full legalization, or that it was prohibition 2.0.

I generally suspect that those unhappy with our legalization framework have financial stakes in the situation. As my old government supervisor once told me “it’s not our job to keep a company afloat, it’s our job to be fair and equitable”.

It’s a good start.

Its a good start for sure. But you ask why anyone needs more than 4 plants....and I ask you this, why does need have to be the determining factor. Even then its a open ended definition, need, cause ask 10 people what they need and the answers will vary. Do I need 20 tomato plants? Does it matter? Perhaps I just like growing tomatoes. Why can't weed be that way? I certainly don't want the government telling me that I don't need a car with more than 100 horsepower, or yet alone that I don't need more than 4 cars. What if I collect them and restore them? Letting government determine what we need is extremely dangerous in my mind. These are the same entities that lied to us for decades and put us in jail over the same plant. Pardon me if I am not so quick to celebrate morons only partially undoing a mess they created.

I guess my point is this....Everyone has a different reason for wanting what they want. I can assure you I would hate to only be allowed to grow 4 plants. I am legal and have a plant limit and I hate it. It makes no sense to me. I know what you said, and can't say I fault your logic....I just don't share it. I prefer freedom and don't like someone telling me I can't grow more than x number of them.

But again, its a good starting point. Just rest assured.....any changes that your government makes regarding cannabis will be done so it benefits them and not those they serve. Anyways Cheers Urb.....gorgeous plants as always brother!

Great stuff in here. Valid points all the way around. Glad Canada put there foot in the door and legalized it for all. With Stank on gov't can keep their nose out of our grows. 4 plants or 40 idk. Still moot down here regardless unfortunately. You all are progressing at least. Always still back stepping and the persecution never stops down here. Here kids have some oxycontins and meth blechh. Growing a pot plant? We coming in swat style hahaha

Wow beautiful photos Urban. Nice to see someone else who appreciates those fall colours.

Your posts around the legalization issue caught my eye and I can’t help but try to respond a little even though I sorta hate to bring any sort of argument into your journal first thing. Hopefully it’s not like that.

There are some who are critical of our laws and the situation in Canada. Going so far as to say it’s not true legalization

Well- at one point in my life I had it in my head that ‘legal’ meant completely free. Meaning that the guys who like to make the rules just walk away and leave us to it. In that sense, no, we can’t call this ‘legalization’ But of course it’s not like that. People who make rules for a living don’t just walk away. They wouldn’t even know how to compute that. They just make more rules.
So yeah it’s some sort of legalization- the creation of more laws. Hopefully less restrictive ones though.

Seriously asinine

People have differing points of view. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’re asinine for it. Maybe they just come at things from a completely different perspective. Maybe one that we can’t compute. I understand name calling when we get infuriated about shit. Personally I get a little infuriated at what a nation of muggles we seem to be in this country. But each to their own, or so it should be, IMO. I don’t expect to go around changing other people’s opinions and enforcing my views on them and I certainly don’t need them visiting my little piece of paradise to knock on the door and try to change mine.
Problem is, I grew up way out in the bush, and got a ‘skewed perspective’ about things like personal freedom.

Who is this not enough for and why?

Well Van Stank nailed it already. It’s not really a matter of ‘enough’ or ‘not enough’. If the government told me I ‘have to’ grow four cannabis plants per year, or 10 cabbages, for the good of the national cannabis/cabbage reserves, I’d ignore them. Likewise if they tell me I’m not ‘allowed’ to grow any at all, or can only grow 5, or 23, or wtf-ever crap they dream up
in their office subcommittees.
I don’t relate to these people telling me what I can or cannot do here in my garden in the middle of nowhere. I’m not bothering anyone or hurting anyone. One small part of me figures they can just get f$$ked. But 99% of me just doesn’t care about their ‘rules’ and they just do not even feature in my universe. I’m happy like that.

There are two questions these people can’t answer me.

1- How are the current laws infringing on your basic rights to purchase, grow, and consume cannabis?

2 - How is this not meeting the intent of legalization?

1- They aren’t. And I intend to be careful to keep things that way.

2- Just depends how you define legalization. Certainly it’s not full legalization as I always understood the word. Maybe I understood wrong.

The only people who aren’t happy are criminals or people who have been abusing the law already.

Well.... the second part of that probably covers about 90% of this forum.:) Personally I’m not ‘unhappy’ about the laws. It’s great to see less restrictions and less fear. I’m appreciating the positive changes. It’s super cool to be able to text pics of plants to friends without any paranoia. Even just ten years ago, let alone 20, the act of growing weed involved a very real level of worry and paranoia.
But it’s not the ‘government’ that ‘gave’ this to us out of the goodness of their hearts. The dog is supposed to wag the tail, not the other way around. This is a process of change that many many people have fought for and paid a heavy price for. The fear and paranoia that has lessened was only there to begin with because the system imposed it on us.
I don’t sell weed. But I do grow a ton extra, because I like growing plants. I also like growing all kinds of tomatoes, herbs, melons, pretty much anything else that strikes my fancy. I love trying new strains and exploring. I like giving pain cream to the old ladies I know. I get a kick out of that, and so do they. I like giving herb away. Most of it I give away. Some I trade. I like making trades for homemade jelly, smoked salmon, perks and favours. This fall I traded a bunch for a few loads of firewood. Yes- that makes me a criminal. :eek: Says the government in their wisdom. Doesn’t mean I’m out there whining for the government to ‘allow’ me more plants. I just don’t expect that from them. My highest hope is they’ll stay out of my life. So far so good and I’ve managed to keep my very bad attitude happily intact for 50 years now.

As for the laws- they’re not bad. The government has to walk a middle road to satisfy the corporate interests and the masses. Could be better, could be a lot worse. I’ll still continue to ignore them.
Live and let live.
:passitleft:

All great points of view and comments folks.

So we flipped these ladies on Sept 14. Technicaly, if you count flower days from tha day of flip, we are on week 8. But if you count pistils shown it is closer to 6. Either way I am going to chop one or two on friday. Trichomes are mostly cloudy, a few clear and a few amber.

I will wait until after my hot water tank is installed. Dont need to have the house dank while the contractor is doing his thing.

Hey Urb - good luck with the upcoming harvest! Fun times eh?

Legalization or whatever words we wanna tie this plant up with is tied to tradition.

Don't forget here in the USA, Alcohol, specifically distilled spirits is legal to purchase and illegal to distill at home. Prolly illegal to have a container without a tax stamp.

Tax on spirits (distilled liqueur) was the very first tax levied by the federal government on the people of our fair country. Should have stopped that shit in its tracks right then but another story for another time.

So in that sense, we've actually made a small amount of progress. Sorta.
Doesn't stop moonshiners and it never will. Just sayin.

Cash crops are going to be regulated by the government so long as we keep electing people that owe allegiance to corporations for election money and keep giving farmers handouts and free money and free seed (from a corporation with hand in government).

There's a grass roots change in AG-riculture going down and it's been quietly in the works for a while now. Emphasis on local grown, "farm to table" most of it organic. I'm hoping that will be the future of cannabis. Farm to table (rosin press).... that'd be nice. :laugh:

Chop one down, pass it around...

I took one down that I think was ready. Very nice grape fuel smell. Lots of trichomes. They arent as amber in other areas of the plant but most are milky.

The two Bubba 76 are next I think, one has lost almost all its fans and the other is the indica cola which I think was done last week. I want ambers all over that one.

The other gift of fire f2 arent far behind, I will give them a bit longer, they are still throwing a lot of white pistils and fattening.

Chop one down, pass it around...

I took one down that I think was ready. Very nice grape fuel smell. Lots of trichomes. They arent as amber in other areas of the plant but most are milky.

The two Bubba 76 are next I think, one has lost almost all its fans and the other is the indica cola which I think was done last week. I want ambers all over that one.

The other gift of fire f2 arent far behind, I will give them a bit longer, they are still throwing a lot of white pistils and fattening.
very nice urb looks ready to me congratulations bud enjoy your spoils!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom