The Emerald City

Wow, 10 oz from an auto is amazing! :adore:

Wow, 10 oz from an auto is amazing! :adore:

Thanks Beez, I give all credit to the 24 hour lighting schedule and they certainly don't seem to mind the 5500K either. I credit the breeders and mother nature for the plants, I don't really feel I do too much to keep them going, just commitment to their schedule.

I've decided when I fire back up my auto cycle I'm gonna move to 14" wide containers, I think that's really gonna get some great results! I'm only gonna grow two at a time but I plan to yield more next time around. The way all my big autos turned out this run was great but in a 14" container I think I could prune the plant more evenly and give the kept colas more light and nutrients.

I'm really lookin forward to that but at this point I've got a Candida that needs some attention and some Northern Light Clones to care for. The Milk Crate BeBo is pushing on and starting to get fragrant too. The 2 PC's from Shed and the NL continue to veg and I'm just looking at them like

:popcorn:

(I wonder what a brownie eating emoji would look like) "Wait ~ ah yes here it is."

:yummy:

Stay Baked!

im always baked lol nice looking girl you got there loving all the colors very nice bud!:blunt:

Those are some nice buds, they're all jarred up now with the hygrometers. I had to go fishing through all my mason jars just to find some. It's been a good run for me this time around! Nice to see you're round here.

:rollit:

I recently turned the QB 5500s all the way down, the driver is in no way hot. I moved the candida into the tent along with the northern light clones as well as the PEyote critical clone. Clones seem to be doing fine but the Candida does not like the light the candida was doing just fine on the pool table Under a couple of 8 foot florescence day color correct I believe. Since moving into the tent the rust spots have started to show on the leaves. I mixed up a batch of feed today did one teaspoon of flora-nova grow 4 teaspoons of calmag half a teaspoon of diamond nectar and about a quarter teaspoon of super thrive hoping that the deficiencie is CalMag. The brown Spots only appeared on the Candida after going into the tent. Temps are low 80’s, daytime (24/7) high of 83.

Also forgot to mention that while on the pool table I did give the candida several hours at night anywhere from 6 to 8 with the light off since going into the tent she’s been getting 24 seven.

I also did another thorough cleaning of the veg tent today got a lot of dead fungus gnats and sprayed down the tnet really well.

It was under a couple of fluorescent lights 16/8 and you moved it to QBs at 24/0? Are those the top leaves or do they all look like that?

Looks light light stress to me, particularly if those leaves are all near the top. I would put it back on the pool table until you're ready to flip it, though it may go into flower if you go back to 16/8.

Or...raise the lights and cut the time. And start to feed it heavier generally as well as the cal-mag.

Hey Age - finally got here. Before I chime in on the CD-1, nice Purple Amnesia harvest sir! :high-five: Totally admirable and aspirational for me!

Seeing as you asked me... I agree with most of what’s been said about the CD-1 - particularly the possible light stress thing. It’s possible 24hrs of light just doesn’t suit it - have you calculated the DLI? Thta’s not something I’ve ever actually done, I’m lazy too ;), but it might provide some insight here. That pattern and type of spot doesn’t look quite like the visuals I’ve seen before for increased cal-mag demand. It almost looks like a pattern that water droplets might leave behind. Did it get wet at all before going under the QBs?

I’m interested to know the answers to questions Shed and Urban and Chris asked as well... :nomo:

And because I haven’t checked in here for a bit and a lot has happened, I’ll also go back to that photography thing you were discussing a couple of pages/days ago and agree with your suggestion that what you’re seeing may be to do with lighting. If you’re not doing that extra attention to lighting thing the way you have in the past, that might well be it. Particular lighting can really have n impact on depth of field etc., yeah? One of the features that has always appealed to me in particular about your pics is the 3dimensional clarity you get, and over the last year or so while I’ve been admiring your pics a lot, I’ve really noticed that that seems to have to do with your grasp of lighting your subjects. So I’ll be curious to see if getting back into that gives you the results you feel like you’re missing recently ...
:popcorn::yummy:

Kush Auto looks yummy too! Always satisfying and inspiring dropping in here :D

I know how you feel waiting for things to start flowering. Last season in my garden, everything was 2-3 weeks later than usual :hmmmm: ... damn frustrating. I know Luiz said he hasn’t had issues from all the night lighting at his place, but it is known to be a potential issue so looking into that might be worth it (I knew someone once who used to habitually smash the local street light for this reason :oops: ). AT least NL should finish fairly quickly once it starts - if only it would start!
:passitleft:
:Namaste:

First off thank you all for jumping in so quickly to help!!!! :thanks::Namaste::nomo:

I think the calmag you fed should do the trick. I suspect the increased amount and quality of light burned through the calcium reserves. I keep hearing about how sensitive the Candida can be. Hopefully that’s the end of the issue

I hope you're right Urb, I looked this morning and I think she's looking better. I've definitely found this to be the most 'difficult' plant I've grown.

its nice to be around to how are your outdoor girls doing are you covering them!

Yeah I moved a large mesh umbrella over the near the Northern Light, seems to be working well cause she didn't get any of the golden sunset rays but she got all the mid day sun, it was 117 yesterday. I did a fair bit of trimming on the lower crap, some of that stuff was substantial though, more nutes to the tops and sunniest buds!.

It was under a couple of fluorescent lights 16/8 and you moved it to QBs at 24/0? Are those the top leaves or do they all look like that?

Looks light light stress to me, particularly if those leaves are all near the top. I would put it back on the pool table until you're ready to flip it, though it may go into flower if you go back to 16/8.

Or...raise the lights and cut the time. And start to feed it heavier generally as well as the cal-mag.

The nights out times were somewhat varied but anywhere from 6-8 hours of dark, no timer just switched off when I went to bed. Mostly top leaves, yes. I can't raise the lights but they are 16-18 inches off and I don't wanna put her back on the table. I like not having fungus gnats all over the place, so that's kinda not an option, but I did put the timer on in the tent 20/4 now, I may reduce further but she's not the only plant in the tent.

I think the feeding issue will help, I swear she looks better today!

What bds are they bud, and how far away are they

The are cheap knock off's, 16-18 inches.

Hey Age - finally got here. Before I chime in on the CD-1, nice Purple Amnesia harvest sir! :high-five: Totally admirable and aspirational for me!

Seeing as you asked me... I agree with most of what’s been said about the CD-1 - particularly the possible light stress thing. It’s possible 24hrs of light just doesn’t suit it - have you calculated the DLI? Thta’s not something I’ve ever actually done, I’m lazy too ;), but it might provide some insight here. That pattern and type of spot doesn’t look quite like the visuals I’ve seen before for increased cal-mag demand. It almost looks like a pattern that water droplets might leave behind. Did it get wet at all before going under the QBs?

I’m interested to know the answers to questions Shed and Urban and Chris asked as well... :nomo:

And because I haven’t checked in here for a bit and a lot has happened, I’ll also go back to that photography thing you were discussing a couple of pages/days ago and agree with your suggestion that what you’re seeing may be to do with lighting. If you’re not doing that extra attention to lighting thing the way you have in the past, that might well be it. Particular lighting can really have n impact on depth of field etc., yeah? One of the features that has always appealed to me in particular about your pics is the 3dimensional clarity you get, and over the last year or so while I’ve been admiring your pics a lot, I’ve really noticed that that seems to have to do with your grasp of lighting your subjects. So I’ll be curious to see if getting back into that gives you the results you feel like you’re missing recently ...
:popcorn::yummy:

Kush Auto looks yummy too! Always satisfying and inspiring dropping in here :D

I know how you feel waiting for things to start flowering. Last season in my garden, everything was 2-3 weeks later than usual :hmmmm: ... damn frustrating. I know Luiz said he hasn’t had issues from all the night lighting at his place, but it is known to be a potential issue so looking into that might be worth it (I knew someone once who used to habitually smash the local street light for this reason :oops: ). AT least NL should finish fairly quickly once it starts - if only it would start!
:Namaste:

I had some of that Purple Amnesia, HOLY SHIT! Caught me way off guard, check out the strain review in my sig. Thanks! Can't wait to pop more Autos, I'm pretty sure that Think Different from Dutch Passion Seeds via Seedsman is next and I'm using 14" pots of coco for them from now on. And only two at a time.

DLI, what's that? Daily Light Index? Something like LUX? It would seem that's particular to every plant cause all the auto's and the Northern Light, every plant has loved that light except the Candida. I'm really hoping light stress and more nutes is the solution. Both an easy fix, turn one down and move the other up, dialed in again. If it did get wet it wasn't anything too severe not like a did a foliar feed or anything and I don't rain the nutes from above, gently water around the edge and rotate the pot, repeat...

You know what I think it is? I think it's too much light and diffraction is causing too much confusion in the camera. Maybe a polarizer will help with that. I have gotten lazy about the lights, just using what's in the ceiling. I've got 3 different lighting scenarios is the garage: Standard In ceiling cfl's with those diamond cut plastic diffusers, the big 8' cfl's and they are daylight correct, finally the dimmable tungsten lights. I took a few pictures under those tungsten lights the other day, I saw a difference.

Wavis from Davis was here the other day for a frisbee/ pool sesh. We tried the Kush Auto, hit's from the bong! First hit is super fresh and tastey, fresh flowers! And of course you pay for that fresh hit but the burn was not too harsh. For a sample snapper pretty good but still needs cure time. My second harvest of the Kush Auto strain from Seedsman.

Fortunately, I don't have enough light pollution, to speak of, at night. I forgot to turn off the pool lights the other night but even still when we were swimming last night there wasn't much spill over where the NL is. I did some pruning yesterday and cut quite a bit of lower stuff off there, even those longer stems cause they were from down low on the main branches. After I was done I was looking down, like holy shit that's a lot! I think the plant will benefit from the pruning and return the favor with bigger, beautiful, blooms! If only it would start...

Once again thank you all for jumping in so quickly to help and inquire too!

Much apprecia

SHOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya... higher watts bds

I keep my 288s at 20-24" on full, or close to full, but I'm running 4000k, so bet those 5500k are hotter

But is a pretty big jump in spectrum from T5 to QBs

Are they looking better yet?

You're getting pretty good at that math stuff! :cool:

Ya... higher watts bds

I keep my 288s at 20-24" on full, or close to full, but I'm running 4000k, so bet those 5500k are hotter

But is a pretty big jump in spectrum from T5 to QBs

Are they looking better yet?

Yeah the up in CalMag definitely did the trick. This morning she's got new sets and they all look good. Note to self, dilute 10/1 calmag/ H2O... Thanks Chris!

You're getting pretty good at that math stuff! :cool:

I had to check it with a calculator

:laugh::laugh::hmmmm::headbanger:

I use a calculator cause I'm lazy and I can't divide by 28.35 in my head (yet)!

:thumb:

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pistils Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I included a few that aren't showing pistils but I liked the pictures and now you get to see them too.

:yahoo::yummy::popcorn::slide::yahoo::yummy::popcorn::slide::yahoo::yummy::popcorn::slide::yahoo:

Had this great post ready for y'all, yesterday, but didn't click 'post.'

:yahoo: They were obviously waiting for record-breaking heat!

It's cloudy today and really nice outside, not even sweating temps yet... Raining in Banning so we may get some precipitation.

Looking bright Right and green Age!

Hey D-Man, back from the wedding and Honey Moon! Congratulations!!!!!!!

And a new Avatar too!

Thanks for comin over :rollit::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom