The Emerald City

Boot weed ?
Yeah I ran a Canadian contest, to grow a plant in an old boot, indoor or out. It was on IG and another site. Only about 7 or 8 folks have participated, contest ends October 15th with results posted on October 17th.

essentially it was to get folks to grow, show how easy it is, and have some fun. I harvested mine a month or so ago and made a cob out of it. Didn't get many folks to participate and most of the results weren't great. So not sure I will do it again next year.

Yeah I ran a Canadian contest, to grow a plant in an old boot, indoor or out. It was on IG and another site. Only about 7 or 8 folks have participated, contest ends October 15th with results posted on October 17th.

essentially it was to get folks to grow, show how easy it is, and have some fun. I harvested mine a month or so ago and made a cob out of it. Didn't get many folks to participate and most of the results weren't great. So not sure I will do it again next year.
But then no one will get better m sorry I didn't know bro

Whatchu do with that weed cob?
My last effort, with my recent Kush harvest, I took 1/4 of it to make cobs. Ended up being 120 grams of 2 day old hung bud. Then ran it through the process. Ended up with around 60 to 70 grams of dried cob. Needs a month or three of curing to get the best results.

But.

I have been testing it. You an eat it or smoke it. I have been testing it by eating it. So far three attempts of .2 grams have been outstanding. A happy buzz lasting on average of 6 hours. I gave some to a buddy, who ate .3 grams and two hours later another .2 grams. He was high for almost 12 hours or more, even after 6 hours sleep.

The buzz is fantastic. My day after eating .2 grams was super happy/smiley. Its really a great way to consume cannabis. I have enough to last me months at this point. Good times.

Sounds good to me! I like my gel caps and edibles too.
You can grind the cob up and put it in capsules. It's really weird, but they work very well. I swear I ate about 0.5g and it gave me super hearing. I could hear every bird chirp in the canyon individually, it was crazy. Then like an idiot I went to the bar and it was even more insane. I was off in the corner and could clearly hear every single sound and conversation. I had to leave quickly due to sensory overload. I smoke lots of herb everyday and chewing the cob was almost too much for me. I was really worried it would be just be a waste but most people seem to love them. Whatever happens to them, when fermenting, they become super super smooth. It's like smoking flavored air.

I have a little bit, I'll give you tomorrow you can see for yourself.

:passitleft:

I thought that was pretty random til I followed the link!

Turns out that Doob has a nice Epi Acoustic. I got a practice sesh in while we talked and watched football. WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Doc hosted me for an afternoon of stoney learning. I learned how to mash and press buds for their rosin then we dipped out for some mexican and a few beers. I got the pork and it was great it had pineapple Hanbenero salsa but sweet not spicy. Went back to Doobs to collect rosin that's a sticky wicket no matter your process! I would say it's like trying to collect warm taffy and not use your fingers. Before we knew it joints were finished and we were smokin bowls and talkin football, racing, and Docs affinity for San Diego Sports. You're a great host Doc, thanks for the lessons and the great time too.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I grabbed a random jar of Kush Auto, the Autos have been pretty fluffy for me and I figured I just use that stuff. Turns out that was a bad decision, only cause of final rosin yield though. We tried several different things but pressin a 1/2 oz (two different pucks) was the quickest way to go. Because of my 'Thor' type strength I was able to squeeze more rosin from the pucks... Any how Doob weighed it out and said I was at a gram of rosin. I think he was high cause seems like theres more material there.

Doc picked up a wood clamp to help make the pucks. From what he told me it's a nice option to a broken finger, wrist, ankle, etc. I must say I tried to break my wrist, fortunately was unsuccessful, and then ended up using the Irwin. We did end up naming the new clamp and kicked around a variety of names: Steve, Crocodile or Alligator, Ray. I think we went with Steve cause it was the first to present itself.

"If you're gonna use the RAW, you gotta pimp the RAW!" ~ Agemon

Another Gratuitous Promo Pic...

I know I mentioned what a great host doc is. He also gave me tools for handling the rosin as well as the little containers.
I put them on top of the MeanWell so hopefully the rosin will soften a little and congeal.

BUT WAIT!!!! THERE'S MORE!!!!!! Doc also dropped some plants on me too. 5 to be precise. A Candida (I think) 2 Blueberries, an IIP, and one of his Unknown OG #2. Are you kidding me, Unknown OG...? What a great name!!!!!!!
I'm not sure if these are in order of announcement or not.

And on to me and my regular Emerald City Happenings.

I put the Candida into flower, today and gave her a light mix of transition feed. I also ordered my new light (LM301B 288Pcs Full Spectrum 240w Samsung 3000K/660nm Veg/Bloom Meanwell Driver). I got rid of the carbon filter and now my tent has vacuum pressure again. I unzipped the top of the tent and both of the lower vents and it's looking less gaunt... I cleaned her up a little and I'll lollipop again at the end of the month. Damn, is it September already!!!!

Now for Think Different at 1 week today. She's was a bit camera shy today...

Next up is the Peyote Critical, she's a couple weeks ahead of the Northern Lights and filling in nice! Thanks again Shed.

This here is the lagging PC that was a little late to grab the sunlight but doing great in making up for lost time!

And finally the big Northern Light!!!

Small by many growers standards but a first for me. I have to admit I pruned her twice before stretch ended. The highest cola is nose level, perfect for smelling!

Hey Doob! You wanna start a band? 'We Could Be Heros!" Stranger Things have happened...

Stay Baked!

'We Could Be Heros!"
Just for one day.

Great update Age! Sounds like a dynamite time with the good Doctor and nice score on the plants :thumb: . Do you know what the RH was on the buds you squished? I thing higher RH is better for a press than we normally cure at for smoking.

Outside looks good as does the baby, but the Candida looks sad. They do perk up in flower though.
it's looking less gaunt
LOL!

Great update, Age! Sounds like you and Doc had a fun and productive day (I'm a little jelly here, I must say). :theband:

Loving the buds on that PC - will look even better in about 3 weeks.

Smoked a couple joints of @Agemon ‘s Northern Lights and Ultra Lemon Haze. Both are excellent!

The Ultra Lemon had an interesting flavor, not really exactly like the Super Lemon Haze which I’ve had three times, but was similar enough. It’s not creeper that’s for sure, I was good and high before the either joint was done. Because it hit so fast and so strong I was a little worried I’d be too high, but it tapered off into a great active high. Great stuff!

The Northern Lights was also great, totally different stuff. It has a real earthy smell and flavor with a bit of pine. Only smoked one joint before bed, so far but it was fire. I didn’t sleep through the night (never do) but did sleep very soundly. I was a bit groggy when I woke up, the indica hangover, but that went away instantly after an Ultra Lemon joint and coffee.

Thanks for the samples! Still have the Kush auto to sample, and am about to pop a couple of those Northern Lights capsules, will report back if I’m able. ;)

HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!! Glad you're enjoying those samples Doob! I usually wait til I'm good and groggy then have a capsule I pillow flip throughout the night but I knock out and get great sleep. Been falling asleep in the garden lately, extra CO2 for the goyles!

Speakin of 'goyles...' I took them all out for brunch, a trim, and fitted for new name tags. I found a ladybug or two and yes there are plenty of exoskeletons lying about the perlite on one of them. I think I included everybody here.

Blueberry 1.1 pre trim, I super cropped one of the branches. Top right in the tent shot below.

Blueberry 1.2 post trim

See label

An @DrDoob Black Label... He crossed up some genetics and did something else and then we were talkin bout phenotypes and I forgot what we were saying. I've already sampled the Unkown OG, actually vaped some this morning, ITZA GNEISS!!!!!!!!

I think when this one gets repotted I'm gonna plant it to one side and let her lay across the top. Guess this one'll be grown @imtoasted waterfall style. The roots were pushing through the perlite on top and since I just made, WAY TOO MUCH COCO COIR, I heaped some on top. Gotta order more perlite now, all 5 new additions are hempy grows. Grow & Learn!

Thanx Doc, what a great way to get back into the swing of things!!!!! :thanks::yahoo:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now back to my Candida. She bounced back like a champ after the trim and soak yesterday. Looking much fuller and happy today. Maybe it was that 12 hours of beauty rest!

That's it for today y'all.

Stay Baked!

Back
Top Bottom