The Emerald City

Following The Yellow Brick Road To The Emerald City

I spent 2 hours with the girlfriends today. Made Jane a whole lot thinner and opened her up nice, for better penetration. Then I sprayed her down with some magic happy juice. Her tops are looking perky and dense, stacking up real nice. I also added a fan for better air movement.

I also put a fan in with the seedlings in my home made veg box. I'll post up some pics a little later, its time for lunch!

Alright, here it is Sunday, finally got around to spending a bit more time in my garden. I rearranged a few more things fed a few of the girls.

Did a very light defol on Mercedes, mostly lower stuff, getting rid of suckers and fan leaves that could lead to some issues later on. I've had some thoughts on my next Bonsai grow. I'm thinking I'll throw Janine into the big container when Jane is finished. I was looking at Ferals perpetual grow, that is a long journal... In any case here's the updates on the new fans and the lights I've moved around. Turns out that leaf I had questions about was really nothing to huge, no need to worry about the whole plant because 1 leaf dies. All just standard stuff in the our world of growing our own.

I decided to move the 300 watt LED back into the flower tent, the veg box I have just isn't tall enough for LED plus seedlings and clones; it was burning them up. The fan I picked up for the veg box is green, it's definitely moving the air around.

VE8B10381.jpg
VE8B1031.jpg

My fans placements in the flower tent are more aggressive now. I mean I've had WPM in my last two grows and I'm tired of that shit. I'm gonna be more vigilant about defol and keeping the canopy thin but effective. I added the big black fan yesterday it blows straight across the top of Jane. I moved one down low to keep the air moving below the canopy and the other is up a bit higher to move the air directly under the lights.

VE8B1033.jpg
VE8B10301.jpg
VE8B1036.jpg

I also moved my carbon filter to allow for all three of my lights to be spaced out but effectively. I'm up to 1500 watts of LED power, not sure what it is at the wall, but its bright as hell and with all the blurple light; I've gotta wear shades. I've got an old pair of Oakley Romeo's with polarized lenses that do a real nice job for being in close.

VE8B10321.jpg
VE8B1031.jpg

Mercedes is only 12 days into flower now and she's already showing off and giving a glimpse of what she'll do for me. I'm starting to get an idea of how tall I can let these ladies get before I push them. I'm gonna find out what this strain can do!

VE8B10291.jpg
VE8B1028.jpg
VE8B1027.jpg
VE8B1026.jpg

And now the moment you've all been waiting for it's Jane nugs, small by comparison to many but I'm still Finding My Way (Rush song).

VE8B1025.jpg
VE8B1018.jpg
VE8B1017.jpg
VE8B1016.jpg
VE8B1015.jpg
VE8B1010.jpg
VE8B1011.jpg
VE8B1012.jpg
VE8B1009.jpg

I'm trying out the idea of back-building, I'm not sure if I did it right. From what I've heard you just clip the very top of a bud at week 3 or 4 and then watch for the extra mass and stacking. Here's 3 pics of the buds in question. So far I'm not seeing it, unfortunately I can't invite you all over for a bowl and inspection of my grow...:bigtoke::bong::roorrip:

VE8B1024.jpg
VE8B1022.jpg
VE8B1019.jpg

And just a few more of Jane's tops, I still need to count them, man she's got a lot!

VE8B1007.jpg
VE8B1008.jpg
VE8B1011.jpg
VE8B1012.jpg
VE8B1009.jpg
VE8B1015.jpg
VE8B1010.jpg

Sorry for the repeats, they're all from today, but it's hard to keep track from those little ass thumbnails. Yes I have glasses, no my prescription is not that strong...

Jane has some great looking nugs...they should develop as time allows, the nice thing is there is a lot of them!:goodjob:

Yeah, I agree. Only 3 weeks left, I look in close and I see development low on the stalk. The question is will it all connect up for one sweet cola. Only time will tell.

VE8B10551.jpg
VE8B10432.jpg

I'm already making adjustments for my upcoming flowers and how to train them. Got some ideas bubbling up.

I made brownies today. As I was mixing in the cannabutter I was thinking about how strong they could be. I really have no idea about cannabutter. I found a conservative recipe; 1 pound butter to 1 oz quality trim. I only had .56 oz so I used two sticks of butter. I mixed in a half a cup or so of melted butter. It was the betty corker recipe and I added resses peanut butter chips. I did the math and each brownie contained 39 milligrams of THC. I had one bite, good high!!!! We threw firsbee for about 1.5 hours. So stoney, totally different high! We went back to the house, smoke a bowl, grabbed a beer and set up for ping pong. We smoked another bowl had another beer.

I recommend edibles. Be careful, go slow. You can eat more later.

Sounds nummy, that's the plan with my trimmings and popcorn buds, I like to cook so this winter will be plenty of time to experiment with making cannabutter and what I can create from it!:yummy:

I really wouldn't want to go real strong with the dosage and cooking. All the reading I did had me a bit paranoid about over doing it. The high was similar to having smoked but different. I was more conscious and sober for lack of a better word but I was still riding the stoney wave and my thought process was definitely stoney. I very much enjoyed it and am looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be having a bite of brownie and going out for a frisbee session with my neighbor Dave. I love Cannabis!!!

Here's some pics of Mercedes, man this plant is impressing the hell out of me.

VE8B1082.jpg
VE8B1101.jpg
VE8B10831.jpg
VE8B1098.jpg
VE8B1084.jpg
VE8B1099.jpg
VE8B1100.jpg

This girl is like a super model, tall and thin, but she's got it where it counts!!

I also took some more clones today 6 i think. Of course there were others already, but ive got 12 going right now.
420-magazine-mobile593432319.jpg
420-magazine-mobile478365314.jpg

Then theres this one. I clipped a small branch, and took a clone, then it occurred to me, why not try this one too.
420-magazine-mobile414624828.jpg

I trimmed up all my ladies in waiting, and adjusted the LST.
420-magazine-mobile1061504016.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1687247486.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1493242617.jpg
420-magazine-mobile842729300.jpg
420-magazine-mobile41756633.jpg

And while checking out Jane, shes so sexy, i took some smaller less developed buds off of her. Very small flowers that will make for some very strong trim and future infusion.
420-magazine-mobile1488208474.jpg

That is all from the Emerald City!

Wow! Great Job Age. You have an eye for training your gals. I cant say enough about your setup. Clean..........

Now that I've got what I think are the basics down. You know keeping them alive for a full cycle and makin copies, I can start to think about how tall to veg them. I see all these pictures of grows with skyscraper plants and liter sized buds, that is the goal. I've been doing the LST since I started this and I'm thinking maybe I should just do one Christmas Tree Plant. With all the clones I've got going, I should be able to make that happen and maybe have enough time to leave a bowl and some munchies our for the fat B&E man in the red suit.

I believe it's Swamp Ash. I got the body and neck through Warmoth. I'm not a fan of all black guitars, but I wouldn't say no if it was a gift. I bought the preloaded pick guard on the zon, and then just swapped it over to the abalone. Little piece here, little piece there. I built it about a year ago, maybe a bit more. Funny thing is, I actually like my Les Paul better. The contours just fit me better, I have the Epiphone Studio Deluxe in Cherry Red. I love the Semi Hollow body too, sounds great plugged in or otherwise.

Do you play?

I've been doing some searching around for CBD Strains. I talked to a friend of mine who's a grower, he said to check out Neighborhood Nursery. I've got a local place, they deliver, it's cash only, they offer clones & teens, and they have a wide selection of girls to choose from. There is a minimum order of $60.00, My garden options just got a whole lot bigger! I think I'm gonna buy some Mango Trainwreck, some Suzy Q, and a Wonder Woman. I'll prolly get Teens, well established and past the cloning stage, they come in a larger container and are rooted in coco.

STOKED!!!!!!!!:drool::rollit::yahoo:

Damn, Age the girls are looking fantastic!! Jane's buds are filling in and looking frosty and Mercedes is moving along nicely into flower. Has she stopped her stretch? How tall is she now?

Damn, Age the girls are looking fantastic!! Jane's buds are filling in and looking frosty and Mercedes is moving along nicely into flower. Has she stopped her stretch? How tall is she now?

What's up JC?

Jane Update:

I went out of town for 36 hours, when I came back Jane was in full drought mode, she was looking sad and droopy. I quickly mixed up a fresh 1.5 gallons of 10th week feed for her. I collected the run off, waited 20 minutes then filled the catch with some Ph'd water, she drank it up so I gave her more plain water. She seems to have bounced back, but there's a number of leaves that are yellow with some purple and they are dying. She's gonna have enough for another 2 weeks and then she's comin down. No pics, she looks horrible right now.

Mercedes Update:

The Stretch is over, I think, today is Day 21 of Flower. She could get a little taller but I don't think she will. Her tallest cola is a 21"s from the top of the pot and she's got another 4-5 tops that are at 15"s from the top of the pot. I'm still impressed with what I'm seeing from her. I think her buds are going to be much larger and just as dense as her mothers.

VE8B1139.jpg
VE8B1140.jpg
VE8B1141.jpg
VE8B1142.jpg
VE8B1145.jpg
VE8B1144.jpg
VE8B1148.jpg
VE8B1151.jpg
VE8B1146.jpg
VE8B1149.jpg
VE8B1147.jpg

I've got Sundance waiting in the wings and she's looking great. She's got a crown of tops just stretching up, I can't wait to get her into the tent.

420-magazine-mobile667047290.jpg
420-magazine-mobile789476155.jpg

Some more gratuitous beaver shots of Mercedes. I gave her Week 7 Mid Bloom Feed today, I flushed her four days ago. Seems like twice a week waters/ feedings is the standard for flowering in my set up.

VE8B1207.jpg

VE8B1185.jpg
VE8B1184.jpg
VE8B1183.jpg
VE8B1198.jpg

VE8B1213.jpg
VE8B1208.jpg
VE8B1199.jpg
VE8B1200.jpg
VE8B1209.jpg
VE8B1214.jpg
VE8B1215.jpg

i've also decided to minimize the amount of additives I'm going to feed in veg, I think I'm just gonna go with the veg formula and then start the additives when the girls two weeks before the girls go into the flower tent.

Back
Top Bottom