The Emerald City

Those NL clones had a few (dozen) fungus gnats too. I quarantined them and am hoping for the best. Sprayed safer soap a few times now. Going to transplant one or two to hempy, perlite doesn’t get gnats.

:passitleft:
if you could let them dry out and just give them enough water to keep them alive and when the soil dries out enough they'll leave it doesn't take to long those fuggars!

I hate fungas gnats I have them hanging around every indoor grow I do as long as the tops of the pots aren't constantly wet they wont get in there they just live underneath everything waiting for me to screw up and keep them to wet so far I keep them at bay I also spray the floor and underneath everything that helps a lot your rite what a pain!

I had a method, but I think since I've got so much less to do in the garden, I've been slacking on the indoor stuff. Next year I'll plan to finish out the indoor grow season and maybe keep an auto or two for inside and let the sun do what it does.

Those NL clones had a few (dozen) fungus gnats too. I quarantined them and am hoping for the best. Sprayed safer soap a few times now. Going to transplant one or two to hempy, perlite doesn’t get gnats.

I know man I'm sorry, I don't consider the gnats to be to big a deal. Certainly not enough to shut down a grow tent. I wanted to stay away from hydro type stuff for a minute, so much damn work! I remember what you said about the hempy buckets though. Maybe I'll give that a try in autumn.

if you could let them dry out and just give them enough water to keep them alive and when the soil dries out enough they'll leave it doesn't take to long those fuggars!

My problem is when it comes to soil I still remember my first year growing in dirt and always ended up watering a coupla times a week. I'll start shoving my knuckles in the dirt and maybe pick up a pot...

I suppose I could puttem' out for a day, bet that would do the trick, but that Candida seems so frail.

Been taking stock lately and sorting things through, I'm still breathing and the sun rose again... Life goes on.

And so does my garden! I clipped some off the top of the NL and she's already back where she was before the trim, it is a weed indeed!!!!!! She's showing all over the place now and I'm really hoping stretch will stop soon. If it stops growing now, my neighbor will only have to just reach over the wall to touch the flowers. He may be getting an Ounce for X-mas, anonymously of course...

The Peyote Critical is definitely over shadowed by the NL but she's holding her own and producing some nice flowers. I don't smell them when I walk outside, but that's prolly cause we've got the Salton Sea so close and it stinks this time of year. Use your environment to your advantage or just get lucky, I'm pretty sure it's both for me. As we said playing billiards, "Better to be lucky than good..."

The Berry Bomb is the one ahead of the curve, she's got the most development by far. Her trunk is not abnormally thick, but she looks like it might be. I think she's just shading herself the best she can!

The Frail Candida. I left her outside for 2.5 days after chopping, a significant amount, off the tops the other day. I sprayed her real good with nuke'm and gave her a feeding. The pot was a bit light today so I fed again and thinned her out, then a nice spray down with the spinosad soap and back into the tent after drying. Still upping the CalMag at 4tsp/ gallon.

I mentioned the clipping of the NL outside, well here's the monster-crop clones. The reason I kept the Candida outside for so long was to try and get rid of the FG's. Any way, I decided to put the clones in vermiculite to see how they'll do. I used Root Riots and two different rooting hormones, CloneX & the powder stuff.

3 blind mice...

Nice update, Age! I'm loving the looks of those outdoor girls - yes indeed.:thumb:

:thumb:

I hate those dang gnats! Only thing that finished them off for me was putting BTi in the water - I did everything else, drying out fan on the soil surface blah blah... still gnats! Mosquito Dunks is what I use.

Glad the stocktaking found you still here Age :passitleft:

I know I've been posting a ton of pics of Jane, but here's Mercedes, her first white hairs showed up today. Here is a comparison of her on Day 1 of flower and then again today, 10-11 days later. I am amazed!!!

Day 1

VE8B06901.jpg
VE8B07001.jpg

Day 10-11

VE8B0982.jpg
VE8B0983.jpg

The White Hairs

VE8B0977.jpg
I Love how you did your trellising hanging it with adjustable ropes Great idea:thumb:

Nice update, Age! I'm loving the looks of those outdoor girls - yes indeed.:thumb:

Not bad for a first outdoor grow!

:thumb:

I hate those dang gnats! Only thing that finished them off for me was putting BTi in the water - I did everything else, drying out fan on the soil surface blah blah... still gnats! Mosquito Dunks is what I use.

Glad the stocktaking found you still here Age :passitleft:

Life choices can be difficult. Ive made the decision that is best for me and mine. Thanks Amy!

I Love how you did your trellising hanging it with adjustable ropes Great idea:thumb:

At some point ima try the scrog again! Thats a deep pull!

Been taking stock lately and sorting things through, I'm still breathing and the sun rose again... Life goes on.

And so does my garden! I clipped some off the top of the NL and she's already back where she was before the trim, it is a weed indeed!!!!!! She's showing all over the place now and I'm really hoping stretch will stop soon. If it stops growing now, my neighbor will only have to just reach over the wall to touch the flowers. He may be getting an Ounce for X-mas, anonymously of course...

The Peyote Critical is definitely over shadowed by the NL but she's holding her own and producing some nice flowers. I don't smell them when I walk outside, but that's prolly cause we've got the Salton Sea so close and it stinks this time of year. Use your environment to your advantage or just get lucky, I'm pretty sure it's both for me. As we said playing billiards, "Better to be lucky than good..."

The Berry Bomb is the one ahead of the curve, she's got the most development by far. Her trunk is not abnormally thick, but she looks like it might be. I think she's just shading herself the best she can!

The Frail Candida. I left her outside for 2.5 days after chopping, a significant amount, off the tops the other day. I sprayed her real good with nuke'm and gave her a feeding. The pot was a bit light today so I fed again and thinned her out, then a nice spray down with the spinosad soap and back into the tent after drying. Still upping the CalMag at 4tsp/ gallon.

I mentioned the clipping of the NL outside, well here's the monster-crop clones. The reason I kept the Candida outside for so long was to try and get rid of the FG's. Any way, I decided to put the clones in vermiculite to see how they'll do. I used Root Riots and two different rooting hormones, CloneX & the powder stuff.

3 blind mice...

I like how you used the Dixie cup them used two other cups , one on top for a humidity dome on the Northern lights monster crop

I like how you used the Dixie cup them used two other cups , one on top for a humidity dome on the Northern lights monster crop

I copied the cloning method from @InTheShed, he copied it from @beez0404. I also use a heat mat set at 79'F. The double cup is for checking root development. When they're full of white roots they can go to a bigger home!

And welcome to the Emerald City!

Everyday you're not sitting on a bench, in the hot sun, wearing your rattiest Bob Marley shirt, begging cigarettes off people leaving the bar is a good day.

I was wondering if you knew 'Happy' or if he was just someone you met that day?

Kindness can change a persons day, I learned that from my daughter!

I copied the cloning method from @InTheShed, he copied it from @beez0404. I also use a heat mat set at 79'F. The double cup is for checking root development. When they're full of white roots they can go to a bigger home!

My wife said something to me once that is quite profound.

“It’s easier to be kind, than to be right”

Which seems awful close to “its better to be kind than to be right” by Anne Lamott

Everyday you're not sitting on a bench, in the hot sun, wearing your rattiest Bob Marley shirt, begging cigarettes off people leaving the bar is a good day.

I like going to the beach but I wouldn't wat to be stuck on a beach and begging for cigs Lol

Next year I will try Monster Cropping. We got a late start and I don't have time to through my 2 plants back into veg. How has it worked for you ? I have been Topping and Fiming I haven't tried Super cropping or Monster cropping yet

My wife said something to me once that is quite profound.

“It’s easier to be kind, than to be right”

Which seems awful close to “its better to be kind than to be right” by Anne Lamott

Well said, by you, your wife, and Anne too! Sometimes you just cant wait around anymore, waiting for others.

Next year I will try Monster Cropping. We got a late start and I don't have time to through my 2 plants back into veg. How has it worked for you ? I have been Topping and Fiming I haven't tried Super cropping or Monster cropping yet

do you know the difference betwwen those two?

The MC clones are on day 3 today, ive been doming and removing every few hours to promote roots. 24 hour light and these were takin a couple weeks into flower. You can clone up to 3 weeks in, or so ive heard.

Well said, by you, your wife, and Anne too! Sometimes you just cant wait around anymore, waiting for others.

do you know the difference betwwen those two?

The MC clones are on day 3 today, ive been doming and removing every few hours to promote roots. 24 hour light and these were takin a couple weeks into flower. You can clone up to 3 weeks in, or so ive heard.
Super cropping is bending the branch horizontal and Monster cropping is taking a cutting or cuttings after it flowers to throw it back into Veg. is what I have got from videos I have watched if that's what you are asking

Yes that's what I 'meant.

I drove out to to LaLa Land yesterday. Had lunch with my cousin, went to a place called "Starfish Sushi..." Laugh all you want I didn't name the place and I didn't choose it either and the food was good.

I know the first thought I had when he told where we were goin. Given the name of the place what might you expect the food to taste like?

Lotsa good stuff going on in my life right now, I'm not a very spiritual person but I gotta say I'm blessed and so fortunate to have the life I do.

I think the NL is done stretching and the PC's too. The MC'd NL Clones are out from the dome and seem to be doing well. I'll need to give them a drink soon, I think the vermiculite prolly dries pretty quick. Let the stacking begin!!!!

Hope everybody is doing well and enjoying life!

Stay Baked!

:surf:

Back
Top Bottom