The Emperor's New Grows - Canad Goes Perpetual Indoors with Coco!

Amnesia Lemon update photo Flower Day 15
20151115_230711.jpg

Had to move the plant lower because the light couldn't go any higher lol. The buds have started to form.

looking good man... I think you'll be pleased with the mars pro's.... they seem to be doing some impressive things even the epistar's... nice plant by the way... have you picked a name for her yet? haha I usually name mine... call me crazy..

Grape OG update photo Veg day 13
20151118_222054.jpg

I'm having to deal with a bit of heat since its cold enough outside that it stops my AC from working but its not cold enough to keep the room cool with just the window open. I have it at 84 right now and theres nothing else I can do till I get rid of the 600watt HPS and use the Mars LED next month. Hopefully these girls will tolerate it till then. At least theres no leaf curl or any signs of heat stress.

Looking good Canad. When those roots start filling the pot, we will get to see some explosive growth I think.

Amnesia Lemon update photo Flower Day 20
20151120_230834.jpg

I hope she is done stretching because i'm just about out of space lol. I got maybe another foot I can drop and then i'll have to start bending her. She smells so good too! Definitely a lemon aroma mixed in there.

Canad,
Awesome dude. Good luck with the stretch man!
:goodjob:

Thanks Stage. I must say out of all the strains I've tried so far, This one has been the strongest. I feed her full strength and she just drinks it up with no problems. I defoliate her and train her as much as I want and she doesn't stall or nothing. I would recommend this strain to anyone who wants to run tests or learn techniques and not worry about hurting the plant.

I started asking questions on other people's journals here and there about their thoughts and opinions, and I thought i'd drop my concerns here and maybe grab some info from you all.

So as I've said i'll be changing out my 600w HPS here in a month give or take a week for shipping to the Mars pro Cree256. It will be my first experience with LEDs other than the small UFOs I just added for extra lighting which have little to no heat. And I wanna grab some advice on tent setups.

Currently my setup is 2 tents exhausted out the only window in the room by 1 420CFM duct fan connected to the carbon filter and the 2 cooltubes. And I have a nice 16" stand up fan blowing the plant around. The 600w HPS along with the 400w MH really heat things up but my window unit AC keeps things in check pretty nice. That is until this time of year when its 0 C or low 30s F outside and stops my AC from working good, But not cold enough outside yet to cool the room down with just the window open. But i've been keeping it stable with extra fans. Once its too cold outside I usually can just exhaust right into the room and just open and close the window as needed. I also have free central heating so the cold isn't an issue at all.

I also have a smaller duct fan split up to pull air from the room and blowing it into the 2 tents. Not really sure its doing much so i'll just count that as an extra I can possibly use differently.

So now my issue is once I get the first LED and get rid of the 600w HPS i'll no longer have the option of using that exhaust setup because I can't seal the ducting to the LED. I'll still have to exhaust my 400w MH for a couple months so i'll probably just keep the carbon filter and fan in the bloom tent but run the duct straight to the veg tent. Maybe I can just use the small duct fan in this time to exhaust some heat from the top of the LED to the room, but once I switch out both tents to LED this is where i'll need the advice of a new setup.

To the ones using LEDs only, do you even need to exhaust outside?
How do you have your tents setup?

I started asking questions on other people's journals here and there about their thoughts and opinions, and I thought i'd drop my concerns here and maybe grab some info from you all.

So as I've said i'll be changing out my 600w HPS here in a month give or take a week for shipping to the Mars pro Cree256. It will be my first experience with LEDs other than the small UFOs I just added for extra lighting which have little to no heat. And I wanna grab some advice on tent setups.

Currently my setup is 2 tents exhausted out the only window in the room by 1 420CFM duct fan connected to the carbon filter and the 2 cooltubes. And I have a nice 16" stand up fan blowing the plant around. The 600w HPS along with the 400w MH really heat things up but my window unit AC keeps things in check pretty nice. That is until this time of year when its 0 C or low 30s F outside and stops my AC from working good, But not cold enough outside yet to cool the room down with just the window open. But i've been keeping it stable with extra fans. Once its too cold outside I usually can just exhaust right into the room and just open and close the window as needed. I also have free central heating so the cold isn't an issue at all.

I also have a smaller duct fan split up to pull air from the room and blowing it into the 2 tents. Not really sure its doing much so i'll just count that as an extra I can possibly use differently.

So now my issue is once I get the first LED and get rid of the 600w HPS i'll no longer have the option of using that exhaust setup because I can't seal the ducting to the LED. I'll still have to exhaust my 400w MH for a couple months so i'll probably just keep the carbon filter and fan in the bloom tent but run the duct straight to the veg tent. Maybe I can just use the small duct fan in this time to exhaust some heat from the top of the LED to the room, but once I switch out both tents to LED this is where i'll need the advice of a new setup.

To the ones using LEDs only, do you even need to exhaust outside?
How do you have your tents setup?

Hi Canad
I hope I understand what your thoughts are on your led lighting and ventilation. I am puffin on some sour d so forgive me.
I use led and hps in my tent. No need to duct led exhaust.
If using alongside hps just run ducting on hood with open end?
week_6_day_96_day_42_of_flower_pic.JPG

I will be replacing the HPS with the LED so I just would like to know some good way to maintain temps when you can't hook a cooltube up to a LED.

I'm not sure how much heat the LED will put out yet so its kinda hard to judge what i'll have to do.

Filter fan inside tent or out?
LED does put out a little heat but nothing like hid. I have seen 5 to 10f differences ime.

I have the fan and filter for the exhaust inside the bloom tent. If I can get 5 to 10 lower then that would be perfect. I'd only have to exhaust during summer which works perfect with the AC. I'd just hook up both duct fans to exhaust and hang the ducting right over the LEDs, and just use the vent holes at the bottom for passive intake.

Looking very good Canad. If you're worried about the stretch on AL, then heavy defol should stall her surely?

Back
Top Bottom